28 days later could have been better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mbeach
28 days later was a good film but it could have had a bit more gore in it there was not much in the way of it been a scary bits in it. there were a few good bits but not scary enough.

eggmayo
mbeach do you actually live in the UK?
When i first saw the film, in a cinema in the centre of london, where most of the film is set, i was scared as s*** cos i had just been walking through those places a minute ago. I even went into St Pauls, which is where Jim gets attacked first off. Also, about half way through the film, some guy that worked at the cinema actually was made up to look like an infected, with glowing red eyes and all. He ran through the cinema and scared everyone in the audience s***less

BackFire
I disagree, I don't think it could have been better.

eggmayo
i think that 28 days later is like the least improvable film ever.
it has brutal, fast combat scenes, as you would try to make them in that situation, and the lack of gore is because ' a man can be transformed by a single drop of blood'; so obviously you wouldn't want loads flying around everywhere would you?

amlap
the only thing i really disagree with from this film is when they decide to change the tire in the tunnel. if i was them and i had a ****ing flat my ass is drving on the rim...end of story.

but i would agree that the movie was shot very well and the story was a classic zombie tale but different.

if anything i would have loved to see the alternate ending, the one where the military is not in it at all.

eggmayo
true, but i think they wanted to avoid damaging the car further.
i mean they could have stolen another, but its a film.

Asami
I agree with eggmayo's first reply - it was pretty freaky, since when was Westminster Bridge ever so empty?! I have NEVER seen it empty, I live walking distance from it!

I found it pretty freaky psychologically when the infected pissed off people were zombying their way through the tunnel

Zilverz
hmmm... maybe.. but i was 100% satisfied ... i seen it 3 times in theaters

Mordecai
What alternate ending without the military?

I seen an alternate ending at one of the preview screenings after the credits awhile back. The soldiers are still in it and all that shite, the only difference is it isn't a happy ending with the plane, whats his name isn't revived and the two chicks exit the hospital never knowing about the plane and the infected's starvation and so forth.

I never heard of an alternate ending without the military.

And i loved this movie, i don't think anything needs improvement, one of the top movies of all time.

HockeyHorror
great movie IMO compared to all these new modern horror movies.

amlap
the one that they never filmed. DVD extras. i thought that would work better than the military crap.

and about the car thing... im sorry but when i watch a realistic movei like 28 days later i expect the characters to make sensable decisions.

LeAtHerRFace
It wasnt great... nor was it bad. eek!

Cinemaddiction
Heh. Your asking for realism from a movie, which claims a disease is magically bred by a bunch of monkeys watching violent images on T.V.

Mordecai
Its not out on DVD down here yet. sad

amlap
well i cant say that story is believable. but if it was i am not gonna sit in a tunnel changing a ****ing tire while crazy ****ers are after me. i have driven on the rim before andi didnt have crazy raging people after me. so they can do it too. mad
that whole scenario was just to add suspense, and that is one of my worst pet peeves when watching a horror movie. i expect the character to do what is necessary to survive. and changing a ****ing tire is not one of them!!!!!

eggmayo
the music in that scene is good though

amlap
i dont remember it...ermm

eggmayo
yeah i got the soundtrack of kazaa

Lord Soth
Of course it could have been better, there's no such things as the perfect movie, no matter what ppl think

samhain
The scene was there to add suspense (and how!) if it were a realistic film he would never have gotten out of the hospital to begin with, the cab driver and his daughter couldn't have possibly have set up such a stronghold in the tower block and when the bloke tells the story of how his family went to the airport there is no concievable way he could have gotten down from that kiosk to escape the airport safely.

Mordecai
That is true, ALL movies could use improvement and none are perfect, but some people think some movies are fine the way they are.

I don't think 28 Days Later is perfect, but i think its just fine and dandy how it is.

BackFire
I can't think of anything specific that needed improvement with 28 Days Later.

amlap
all of this i fully understand. its just that i hate scenes that arent really necessary except to get you off your seat. for example when they were in the tunnel they were creeped out ot start bout going into it so they decide to and then they do the whole cat thing and then get a flat. so they are all creeped out by being in this tunnel but still they decide that they must fix the flat in side of it, when in fact they could just drive like 20 yards to the exit of the tunnel so that they could A. have sunlight and B. not being so worried. then i could see them changing the tire! i reason very i find it so horrible is that it is obvious that they wrote nad that scene in the movie because the characters were stuck in a creepy place and that having the infected spotting them in mid-tire change was a great idea to add suspence. where they could have had them do (what in my mind) the logical thing and go out of the tunnel first and then be caught and what not. but then again thisis what i look for.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.