Mayhem in the Meadows II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I'm a little disappointed. Every year there is an awesome concert that is like 2 miles from my house. This year the line-up looks like this:

Slipknot
Slayer
Soil
Drowning Pool
Godforbid
Superjoint Ritual
(2 bands to most likely be announced later)

I hate Slipknot and Slayer has only a few songs I like while the rest suck. I'm really excited to see Soil and I've only heard "Step Up" by DP since they got their new singer. Would be cool if they played the old stuff though. Godforbid and SR I have never heard of. The concert will definitely be cool overall but in previous years I've seen better with Rob Zombie, Godsmack, SOAD, Korn, Disturbed and others so this line up is disappointing to me. Hopefully they'll add somebody kick ass because Slipknot is not my ideal headliner.

Deathblow
You shouldn't be disappointed. You have two of the best performers in the world right now in there.

I don't care if you think Slayer suck, you go see them, and if you come out with all your teeth still, think yourself lucky. As for Slip, I don't like them either, but boy they are good live. I've only seen them once, but they blew my mind.
God Forbid are a f**king kick ass band too, and I can't believe you've never heard of Superjoint before.

Seriously, Korn, Godsmack and Disturbed suck compared to that line up. You should be happy. yes

Daisy Duke
hey im listening to soil right know
sounds like a pretty cool concert

Myth
Soil is great. yes

I'm going to the concert and I'm going to make the best of it. But I'm just disappointed that they weren't bands I'm too huge on this year. I'm going to stay to see what type of show they put on but I would be more thrilled otherwise. The last 2 bands I haven't heard of because I haven't listened to the radio like all year. I pretty much just circulated through my CDs.

Daisy Duke
yes

oneof my friends know them though no

Deathblow
blink Listening to the radio wouldn't help. God Forbid and Superjoint aren't exactly radio material.

Seriously though, that show will be great, even if you don't like the bands. And Soil are by far the weakest act there.

loserib
superjoint never get radio play either does god forbid but it sounds like a mini ozzfest and looks like a great lineup
btw superjoint ritual are phill ansolmo from pantera's new band

Myth
What did Phill do in Pantera's band? My friend who is going with me is a big Pantera fan so I was curious.

Myth
Thats what the radio was saying to promote the event. They said they are going to try to get the biggest mosh pit started there and if you don't leave the concert hurt, people will be waiting outside the gates to make sure that you do.

loserib
he was the vocalist

Aini
...and superjoint ritual sucks just the same as pantera did... yes

I've just seen slipknot the second time last wednesday (with Metallica and In Flames) and I just have to say, I love em! they're great live. rock

Aini
by the way, you lucky b. , I love rob zombie and I've never seen him live no sad

Myth
Zombie gave the greatest live show ever in my mind.

Btw: They just added Hatebreed to the concert so its really starting to look like a mini-Ozzfest.

Aini
messed ...yeah, I bet he's great....

loserib
yeah he is great live one of the best ive seen him about 4 or 5 times

heres me and him when i met him a few years back
when my hair was stiil long
http://www.xrwinfo.com/joz.gif

Df02
Slayer....omg....omg...omg they are amazing, even if you dont like them, go to see them play theyre amazing live
i saw them at Download and it was quality

Aini
that's a cool pic, dude!

...can't say I'm not a bit jealous, ...4 or 5 times,... I wish I could see him once, at least....

Myth
Hows Lacuna Coil? They were just added to this concert.

loserib
Lacuna Coil are good they have a girl lead singer

Deathblow
Yeah they're pretty strong live. Not the best i've seen but Cristina puts 110% into every show.

Mindstain
Incase anyone was wondering the two bands tba. are most likely local bands. However I have heard because of such short notice instead of having bands compete for the spot they are going to be pickin the best acts. We are currently one of the bands enrolled for one of the spots there,(www.mindstain.com) reguardless this show will have your neck and throat sore for weeks big grin

Myth
Last year they had a ton of bands with a 2nd stage but it doesn't sound like they are doing that again.

Mindstain- Are you going or have gone to the past (when it was Rockfest?). Speaking of locals, the band Craving Theo's main singer, who is semi-making it, lives a block away from me.

Mindstain
No we have not played Rockfest before there was a chance last year however it conflicted with previously sheduled shows that we could not turn down. I have heard of Craving Theo before, however I cannot remember if we played with them in that past.. I beleave we caught one of thier shows though.Nice to hear that some locals are making thier dreams a reality, bands are very hard work I'm glad to see that it is paying off smile.

Myth
Well, the concert was last night but I missed much of it because I had to leave in the middle for work. Slipknot was good at being loud and crazy (entertaining) but you can't understand the shit that comes out of their mouths. I did like their percussions though just because of all the nutty things they did. I missed Slayer but I hear they were pretty shitty. They did nothing extra for entertainment so it was either you like their music or you don't and I'm not a big fan of theirs so I don't feel I missed much. Drowning Pool cancelled because they got sick (2 years ago they cancelled at the same show because Dave died 15 days before the concert). Soil was outstanding. They were the 5th to last band yet most people (besides the huge Slipknot/Slayer fans) agreed they were the best. You could actually understand them unlike most the bands there. Good sound quality and I would have ranked them up with some of the best live performances I've seen. Also, Lacuna Coil was a pleasant surprise. I actually did recognize one of their songs and I was pleased with their songs that I haven't heard before as well.

GreenDay75
I found the thread you were talking about. Did you go to Rockfest last year? I did and thought it was awesome. I was in the pit all day then Disturbed came out and when they played "the Sickness" I got knocked out from all the crowd surfers. Too many kicks to the head erm and when I woke up I had a bloody nose. So I went and layed in the field while Korn was playing. I wanted to see Boomer dammit! But the best part is that I got all the bands' autographs. Except for Korn. Did they have an autograph booth this year? I felt bad because last year when Chevelle was playing everyone around me was saying they sucked. I really like them sad But Oh well. And another thing... it kinda sucks that drowning pool cancelled. Maybe they though Oregon is jinxed?

Myth
Hope that wasn't me embarrasment
Anyway, I was there last year as well. Chevelle was decent but Trapt was the band that really sucked. Disturbed did give a great performance and I thought they should have headlined over Korn but they just have a larger following. I didn't look for the autograph booth but I don't think it was there because I probably should have noticed it since it usually gets quite a line.

GreenDay75
Hey, it just might have been smile All in all I had a great time there though. So would you say that, for the time you were there, this year was better than last year? Or did I not really miss anything spectacular? asthe pimore vicious and out of cotrol? I heard from a few friends that it kinda sucked. But oh well. I guess I can wait for next year. Even though that's awhile away. That just gives me time to get worked up for it! Maybe next time I can try not to get kicked. I'll have to go to more concerts for practice I guess. Oh darn.

Myth
Oh don't worry, this year's concert blew compared to last years.

GreenDay75
Good, now I don't feel as bad. smile Do you know of any good shows coming up?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.