Biggest Blunder in Middle Earth History

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I am a Sock
Throught the history of ME, there have been many blunders. What's the biggest in your opinion? Mine is the Union of Maedhros. It was a huge failure and many elves, dwarves and men died for no reason.

Some other blunders to concider are: the failure of the Valar to capture Sauron, the Valar's release of Melkor, the attack on Aman by the Numenoreans, ect

Arroch

Discos
ah bloody Maeglin, what a fool! - little grass

speaking of Turin, a blunder of him marrying his own sister Niniel erm

eezy45
But he didnt know it was his sister, curse of Morgoth erm

Discos
no dont you know nothing....j/k

curse of Glarung

eezy45
Spells of Glaurung yes

but the curse of Morgoth was on Glaurung

Discos
fair enough, alls fair in love and being cheeky

Arroch

Discos
perhaps the dragon been slain?

Maeglin, I think its the passion of hate for Tuor which drove him, if that was me I would of given my life than give the location of Gondolin

Arroch

shaber
Isildur not destroying the Ring when he had the chance.

I am a Sock
That's a good one. Elrond should have done more to destroy it.

Shadowy_Exa
Hurin going to gondolin after being let free by melkor

allowing him to find access to the hidden city

Discos
ah there was a thread about Elrond and Isildur having a fight in the kazm of mount doom laughing out loud

but thats generally a good one shaber,

although there wouldnt be a such tale of lord of the ring, simple a book on the whole "last alliance" stick out tongue

shaber
What if Melkor had had more sense from the beginning of things? stick out tongue What would all the stories be like then? Boring days in paradise.... confused

Shadowy_Exa
Imagine if iluvatar had just thought

i will create ainur!......naah!

I am a Sock
How about if the 14 Valar battled Melkor when he firsted attacked at Almaren?

shaber
They attempted that though didn't they?

And Melkor hid in Utumno... I would try to look it up again, but I'm feeling too listless sad

Discos

Shadowy_Exa
Turin slitting the throat of his best friend!

*looks at ads head on a mantlestick out tongue*

whistle Auroras gonna kill me stick out tongue

Discos
yeah that was a blunder, he went into a phase or something and "swoosh"

Shadowy_Exa
Oh look, a tall good looking orc who looks remarkably like my best friend who im sure would be trying to save me! lets kill it!

Arroch

.x.Fee.x.
isnt Isildor a blunder...i meen he took the ring...without him taking it a lot of pepl wood still b alive...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.