The Council of Manwë-Unfinished Tales Finished Version

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Montross

Montross

Montross

Montross
'Yet oly two of the Istari came forth: Curumo, who was sent by Aule*; and Alatar, who had been brought forth by Orome.
And, then spoke Manwe, "Yet where is Olorin?"

Arroch

Montross
~Arroch, I was going to add that, and what I found was only a bit changed. It probably is a fake, but it's still cool.~

Montross
'And Olorin, having just entered from a long journey, and who was clad in grey, had seated himself at the edge of the Council in progress, unbeknown st to all.
And Olorin answered, "Yes Lord Manwe, what would you have of me?"
"I wish that thou would go to Middle-earth and be the third emissary against the powers of Thauron."
Yet Olorin replied, "Nay my Lord, for I am weary, too weary for such a task as this; and moreover, my Lord, I fear Thauron, much as I feared Melkor."'

Arroch
-> mine is just directly from the Unfinished Tales, where it says
"Of major interest, however, is a brief and very hasty sketch of a narrative, telling of a council of the Valar, summoned it seems by Manwe ("And maybe he called upon Eru for counsel?"wink, at which it was resolved to send out three emissaries to Middle-earth. "Who would go.......?" ~

The text I typed is most probably only the summary of it, perhaps yours is the "real" original text?
Seems possible...

Discos
isn't this extremely illegal copyright stuff roll eyes (sarcastic)

Arroch
-> as far as I know, quoting of small passages to underline points of view is not illegal,

Otherwise half of my posts would be VERY illegal

shaber
Eru should have stopped Melkor from starting trouble in the first place confused

shaber
Didn't Aule the archangel send both Sauron and then Saruman onto Earth... I see a pattern...

Arroch
Should he?

He wanted Melkor to be free in his choice... and he created him fully knowing how evil he was

Without Darkness there can be no Light, without evil no good - Melkor is essential for Middleearth.

Aule didn't send them both, but Sauron as well as Saruman were Aule's servants; Aule was also the Vala most alike Melkor, Tolkien specifies that in the sil

we had a nice thread about it stick out tongue
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25846
wink

Montross
~As I said, I got this off of a website two years ago, and I think most of it is fake, except for the parts identical to Unfinished Tales.~

Montross
'And then, Manwe, Lord of Arda spoke.
"Yet, Olorin, that is all the more reason to go. You would indeed receive the trust of the Quendi and Atani. And also, you are moreover a lover of the Eldar that remain in Aman. I command thou to leave as the third of the Heren Istarion, and to depart to Middle-earth now."
Varda, spouse of Manwe spoke, and she said, "Nay Lord, not as the third." And Curumo remembered it long, nigh onto his very death.'

Arroch
Interesting,

In my text it says that this passage was illegible except for one word that seemed to mean "third" laughing

Montross

Montross
'And latter in the day, it was decided that five, not three, would go forth to Middle-earth, so as to lead the free peoples against the tyranny of evil constructed by Thauron, and before him, by Melkor.
It was decided that Olorin would go, and that Curumo would also go, and that he would bring with him Aiwendil, as to please Yavanna, spouse of Aule. Alatar, of the Ithryn Luin, would bring his kin Pallando with him.'

Montross
'At the departure of the Istari from Aman, to the Havens of Lindon, Eonwe, Herald of Manwe, and Ingwe, Lord of the Quendi, awaited them.
Eonwe stood, and there he stood, silent. He bowed when his fellow Ainur departed onto the great boat that sped them across the Belegaer.
The Lord Ingwe, stopped Olorin, however, and said, "Olorin, I await your coming at the Isles of Shadow-may you return with great haste. You must not allow Thaurons' power to grow, for he shall be as powerful as Melkor. Go now."
And with such haste as never seen before by the Ainur, the five Istari departed, and by the end of the War of the Ring, only one of their number returned-Olorin.'

Discos
Aule sent sauron and Saruman?

damn Aule, you got 1 strike left baby.

are you sure he sent Sauron,

shaber
Yes yes That is way Sauron was always so good at smithie work clap

Discos
does it tell you this in the Silmarillion at all? I just newly read that 2 months or so ago roll eyes (sarcastic)

shaber
Yes big grin clap Aule, or whatever his name is, is wedded to Yavannah: she is the archangel of things which grow from the ground and he is the archangel for the metals in the ground yes

Arroch
He did not send Sauron, but Sauron was one of his Maiar before he was corrupted by Melkor; and it was Melkor who made Sauron come to Middleearth itself, not Aule.
But where do you think Sauron got all his knowledge about metals or the forging of rings from? wink

Discos
ah, my mistake whistle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.