Less Than Jake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lagwagon
Hi,
Did you can give me some band that are like Less Than Jake, Catch 22, Reel Big Fish or Mad Caddies? (ska-punk band...)

I think that LTJ are the better ska-punk band in the world!!!!

What did you think?

amlap
wow...another LTJ thread. check some of the ska threads for other bands

amlap
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f59/t28528.html

SAtown_punk
lol. Good idea, amlap.

ska bands - The Toasters, Mephiskaphales, Buck-O-Nine, Streetlight Manifesto, Skankin' Pickle, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, NoFX, Sublime, Might Mighty Bosstones, Slapstick, Against All Authority.

I have a ska thread, and there a couple more on here as well.

amlap
while its on my mind(even tho off topic) anyone hear the new mephiskapheles band 'skull-a-ball'?

lagwagon
Ok, ok, ok..!I'm new...
And where I can download it?because I use Kazaa but I don't find more than the middle of this ska band..!

SAtown_punk
haven't heard skull-a-ball. Where do you find out this stuff?

amlap
well ska is kind of hard to download because its still a real underground scene. the way to buy ska cds for cheap is amazon... ive find some great cds for 5 bucks!

i know alot bout the NYC ska scene because
1 i check out the toasters message board every once and a while, i use to be commited to that board like i am to this one now. if your interested you can just go to the toaster website.

2 i live in south jersey so its only a 2 to 3 hour drive for me to hit up NY. enough tho i never been to NYC the ska bands like Hub City Stomper (ex-inspecter 7) and Scrofflaws and such they all play alot of venues in Norh jersey.

3 um in the great redneck community that i live in we have the local cow town where King Bravo and some ex members of skalites sell some old copies of moon ska. so myself and my friends tend to hang out with these guys every so often.

yeah skull-a-ball i think is some of the members from meph (im not sure who, except im sure Nightmare is singing). and they arent a ska band but a four piece punk band. they play alot of show ins north jersey and i havent had the chance to check them out yet because no one wants to take the journey with me... erm some people just dont understand satan!

SAtown_punk
cool.

Jeff_Atello
Ska rules.

claidisa_felton
the science of selling yourself short and shes gonna break are the only LTJ songs ive heard. what album would you recommend??

"i could give you lessons on underage tragedy"

Jeff_Atello
Listen to "Pezcore", "Borders and Boundaries", "Hello Rockview" and "Losing Streak"

claidisa_felton
thanks big grin

Jeff_Atello
no prob.

lagwagon
listen also to "goodbye blue and white", it's rally good too!

Jeff_Atello
Is that an album?

lagwagon
yes it is,I think it's from 2002...

Jeff_Atello
Hmmm... need to hear that one, then.

lagwagon
I can pass you some songs in winMX if you want...

Red Superfly
I'm not a fan of Ska, but i like Less Than Jake.

I think their best song is All My Freinds Are Metal Heads. I have a few of their songs inc Science Of Selling Yourself Short.

Their song titles are annoying to type.

lagwagon
Is that a particular song?I don't have heard from them I think...

claidisa_felton
lol!! well from anthem:

short fuse burning
plastic cup politics (rock )
motown never sounded so good
best wishes to your black lung
the science of selling yourself short (eek! )

laughing

yeh i see what you mean....too long! stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.