Computer Crisis Catastrophe!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"The Tex"
My dumb dad somehow deleted all of the programs in my "Program" file folder, meaning that about 85% of my computer programs no longer exist.

I have windows and some MP3's left!

Oh the humanity!

It's so embarassing, to open Internet Explorer I have to use the "Run Command" embarrasment

All of my shortcuts are dead and my CD-burning software no longer exists.

All of my plugins and scanner dont work either.

Eh, could be worse; my computer is 6 years old! stick out tongue

Anyone else using a bare bones computer? embarrasment

drunk_nazgul
Oh, man... That's bad! sad Well, when my lil' bro uses the cp to play games and download things, he gets restless and starts hitting the cp... o.0 Then, when I can finally login, it doesn't work.

A miracle we still have DSL and everything.

"The Tex"
I have dial-up! embarrasment

drunk_nazgul
So do all of my friends... well, the ones whose systems haven't already been destroyed! laughing

Pao
my dumb brother did the exact same thing....... I can't post a ****ing thing and I can't e-mail anyone... so I'm going to bed right now yes
besides the stupid bastard enabled the administrator thing..... I HATE HIM!!!! mad mad mad

Raventheonly
I feel ye pain erm

drunk_nazgul
I can't download anything anymore because of administrative privileges.

silent_kisses
For shame yucky

Trinity_Matrix
I only just finally got broadband myself...and my computer used to be crap and didn't even work for three months, but we finally got a new one.

Darth Revan
no expression....

laughing

shellie
my pc is 7 yrs old . a little slow but i have cable internet & that helps .

still need a better one though .

im not burlyman
dial up rolling on floor laughing

ABE LINCOLN
laughing out loud "The Tex" with dial-up! I never imagined that!

DeNiro
My comp is like 5 years old i got an imac one of those blue see threw ones the reason i got t is because i thought it look cool. but ne way the only thing i worry about is when my mom plays her card games online that why i got to delet my history everytime i get off the comp stick out tongue

ABE LINCOLN
...that's why I have my own comp evil face

silent_kisses
It was completely tabloid worthy detective

Real
my pc is less than a month old stick out tongue brand new pc, built it myself...only prob is i need a bigger power supply to get my graphics card to work...
and "the tex" your programs arent gone, jus the shortcuts, try going into a folder browser using windows explorer and search thru the system files to find thier original shortcuts, that should make everything accessable again.
I can prolly help w/a lotta pc probs if u guys pm me about em

nazgulinthedark
we got a virus and my dad went and swept hrew most of our program files and deleted them, but i had pretty much everything he deleted saved on a disk of some kind so i got all my stuff back smile

Real
if u have a virus u dont have to delete everything! lol....jus run mcafee or norton...not a big deal to have a virus anymore, symantec releases patches all the time...
i usually have sum sort of bad thing on pc at any given time, before i built this one, i had 13 trojans running thru my Java but it didnt affect the system so i let it slide

nazgulinthedark
ninja my dad doesn't know this

"The Tex"
WOOO HOO!
You're right.

My Program Files were moved to some crazy file called "OLDDRIVR" or something!

I've corrected the TARGET and STARTIN paths.

They all work now! thumb up

love

Thanks doll cakes! diva

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.