Disappointed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aurora
sad sad I am not sure how long this will last but it has to be said and since the ppl who it is aimed at are not going on the Tig Party anymore then I am making it it's own topic sad

I take it as a blow toward me and my topic that you guys are boycotting my topic, it has survived many things on this forum. Three mods, members leaving, LL411, and newbies who have become our friends. When A.D. logged on this morning and I read the names of the ppl who have turned their back on me and my topic I was hurt... not only did you leave the tig party, you made it public, setting my topic out as the bad guy and black listing it. I seem to remember that only a few weeks ago everyone was all to happy to set a great welcome to the 2nd one! mad

Exa, Shadowy and Smodden, I understand if you are taking a break from the forum completely, we all have taken a little time away at times, and if that is the case you won't be reading this.....

Thor, I am not sure what to say to you really........... actually nothing because I am so upset with you. I had no idea you would follow a crowdno

Chris I am upset with you the most. I am not actually going to write anything on here about it because it is a private matter but I really am disappointed in you confused

I thought of you all as my friends and you have turned your back on mesad

ladygrim
dont worry i am still here ... i am to addicted to leave

Arroch
My choice was not supposed to offend anyone, least of all the Thread itself - which in my opinion is definitely the most powerful thread ever created here, and I am really happy and thankful that I could write there so long, got to know you all better and was able to spend long happy hours there.

I am still reading everything new posted in Tig Party,
but I had to decide not to post there anymore - mostly because of private reasons/problems that are irrelevant for explaining the situation, so il ignore them in this post

Fact is that posting in Tig didn't let me enough time to read all the other threads, and so I ceased it.
I repeat, this is no personal offense against anyone

.x.Fee.x.
i am bitter.....i hav noticed that.....

I am a Sock
The tig party is great. I made a lot of friends there. Without it, I probaly wouldn't be know here. If there is a 3rd Annual, I will be there

ABE LINCOLN
The Tig's what drew me away from the OTF for so long laughing out loud that in itself is a feat, Aurora big grin

regardless...it is by far THE most successful topic ever made, and while this doesn't entirely relate to the topic, I've gotta congratulate you for that thumb up

Tassie~Cyanide~
I love Tig Party. You can't blame everything on Tig, because it has made us closer to each other, and it's made KMC more enjoyable for me personally, and it's also kept this forum going.
But I think now that we know each other, and Tig has become so predictable, as Exa said, the best thing to do right now might be to close it. To close it for a while, and continue with the rest of the forum. Having Tig open and many members not posting in it, makes the atmosphere of the forum seem somewhat bitter, to me.
It can be re-opened in a few months, when the forum has been uplifted again.
But that's just my personal opinion.

.x.Fee.x.
i never knew anyone here til i started posting there....and now i hav frends (i hope)becos of it....

Ancalagon
Yeah, the Tig Party is where I made so many great friends, I am not going to stop to post there because I am Tig Party addicted.

If anyone else decides so, I can not change his decision, but I would if I could.

I will miss anyone leaving the Tig Party, but if you have personal reasons to leave it, I am okay with it.

love love all the community!!

A.D. Skinner
Closing the Tig Party is probably one of the worst things that can be done...

Since Storm has stated that any threads taken off topic would be closed, and since no member of the LOTR Forum can stay on topic for more than 1 post...the Tig Party gives us all a place where we can speak our mind about things other than LOTR ! Close it, and I gaurantee that within a month, the LOTR Forum will be dead, all threads closed, and all members bitter !

When you talk to people IRL, do you only talk about LOTR and if they change the subject, do you tell them that you are leaving ???
As absurd as that is...that is exactly what those of you who said you are leaving are doing.

I might be partial to Aurora's viewpoint, but I too am quite disappointed in those that I called my friends !

Ancalagon
laughinglaughinglaughinglaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughinglaughing
laughing

.x.Fee.x.
i cant even talk to the others anyware els....

Tassie~Cyanide~
But most people who make the forum go off-topic have already made their decision to abandon the thread.

I'm sorry, AD, but I'm taking break from tig

Ancalagon
okay have fun outside Tassie sad

hello Tassie here then...

.x.Fee.x.
im gona hav 2 resrt 2 posting hi on other threads and goiung offtopic.....uh oh...

Tassie~Cyanide~
PM
msn
etc..

ABE LINCOLN
OTF!!!! eek!

sorry embarrasment

.x.Fee.x.
i dont eva go there.....

Ancalagon
me does sooooommmeeetimes (rarely)

get bent
the tig party was the first thread i ever went into on KMC. there i met alot of the people i know fairly well now. without it that would have never happened.

Shadowy_Exa
no expression People you, called your friends.

i guess that a lil of that was aimed at me yeah?

Well, as im sure sombody has already said my leaving of tig was not to upset anybody, least of all you sara, or you erik.

But im not apologising for leaving it, i mean how often are you two in there anyway, with me that is, we only talk on msn, and even thathas become rare.

i remember ad saying that 'it'* would never happen, you would never do it! when i brought it up

well seeing as in the last 4 weeks i have recieved 2 pms and 2 1 min msn chats from you. i think it has indeed happened.

Aurora, leaving tig was a personal reason to me, and i, like you, would prefer not to post it here.

AD, i thought you would continue calling me a friend forever, but...if you decide not to over a thread....well, i guess that kinda tells me you never did care that much

* i think AD knows what i mean

Discos
I don't see why its getting boy-cotted,

I usually use it as a means of saying "hello" to people and "goodbye" when I leave.

But it is ashame that Aurora's mighty thread is being put to shit

ladygrim
i never thought people could actually befriend each other on forums i just thought they all argued the points then moved on but here u do that and the make friends ...

Arroch
laughing
I would have agreed about that a few weeks ago,
But I think the situation really improved lately - there are several really interesting topics updated and substantiated conversations and discussions going on.

Exactly that's the difference between RL and forums, and it's why I prefer forums.
In forums you can discuss specialized topics with exactly those interested in it, you aren't limited to paralysing and superficial smalltalk. You can say your opinion and hear others' opinions, that's the point of these threads here.
In RL, real discussions are rare, and if you have them, you cannot go offtopic because the whole conversation isn't archived, isn't entitled with anything revealing the essence of its point and there aren't hundreds of different topics to chose from and discuss in parallelly.

In my opinion, a thread like Tig Party for the social part of the discussions is absolutely essential for a forum to make it work and worth writing there. And without Tig, I would certainly not be here anymore because I wouldn't really know any of you. I do consider myself honoured of having had the possibility to write there,

but still I don't think there is need to justify leaving a thread , and it's certainly not a reason to talk to people as respectlessly and offensively as it happened there after some members announced to leave the thread for a while.

So far,
Exa

Shadowy_Exa
laughing ADS NAME!!!!!

laughing you little git stick out tonguelaughing

Omg! big grinbig grin

Ancalagon
laughing out loud AD YOUR NAME RULES laughing

Discos
i think his name sucks, worst name ever......*sigh* who would even think of a name like that to begin with?? shifty

Shadowy_Exa
Its almost as bad as having one named ater crisps.
Or being named after the plural of an alternative name for a nightclub in the 80s and 90s

Smodden
OMG

I'm gone for 2 days And i come back to a shire that is ruined! why, look at that mill over there! AND WHo are all these ruffians?!! Whats going on here? I demand an explanation....

OK so maybee if I didn't leave, some of this bad tension would have been spared, but I had to destroy the ring, so now I'm back, or never left, or whatnot....I posted this in tig...it explains some things:

shadowy_blue
Smodden...I thought you DID decide already...I didn't know that you just wanted to leave just because of me. Why didn't you tell me?

I NEVER told you that you have to leave too, I just sent you a PM saying that "I" will leave...and then you said that if I'm leaving...then you're leaving too. I NEVER forced you to do it. I even asked you so many times if you really want to leave. I NEVER knew that you have so many misgivings yet.

Reading your post it seems to me like I'm the one to blame for everything.

I feel so stupid now.

Shadowy_Exa
Oh shit,
erm he never meant to make it sound like you were to blame
he even asked me to censor it big grin

But hey...he loves ya, he will follow ya big grin

shadowy_blue
I'm very upset right now.

Sorry for everything.

shadowy_blue
Sure I'm the one to blame for everything.

Because of my farewell PM to Exa, she decided to leave Tig Party too. And because she left, you sauron..left too. And because of me leaving, Smodden wanted to leave too. Though I NEVER asked any of you to leave.

Elessea
The tig party is where i made most of my friends here...but i agree that we need a break from it...we can go off topic in Pms, emails, IMs, and such. But KMC is the only place i can talk about LOTR and while i am here that is what I want to talk about, so i believe taht i need a break from Tig for a while, just to get back to LOTR issues...and other personal stuff...

This is nothing against you Aurora, I love you and Tig lots, but i think I am getting to addicted to it...and ignoring the real reason I started coming here...

So i too must take a break from teh tig party...

Tassie~Cyanide~
I mightn't know, but I don't think you're to blame, Shadowy
I don't think anyone's to blame, not even tig. Eventually, we should've seen this coming smile

But I have an idea ((yeah, shadowy, the one I was telling you about)) that should keep the forum going, and can give Tig more purpose than just being a pointless chat thread. And everyone should be in it, as long as Storm agrees smile

Shadowy_Exa
oh lord another one is leaving tig

Ad is gonna castrate me

Edit: SAURON mad stick out tongue laughing is gonna castrate me

Tassie~Cyanide~
btws, you know the name-changing thing is 2 weeks now, not one.. grr

Shadowy_Exa
DAMN IT!

Tassie~Cyanide~
mad Yeah, so now I have to stand two weeks as Tassie~Cyanide~, and I'm afraid the mods on the hp forum, won't recognize it's me miffed

Shadowy_Exa
and i have to be shadowy_exa

which isnt at all bad actually smile i like it big grin

Tassie~Cyanide~
Shadowy_Exa confuses me stick out tongue

And eezy's name makes me think I'm talking to Exa

And AD's name makes me think I'm talking to you

Edit: off-topic stick out tongue

Shadowy_Exa
BAN!

Smodden
I know...Nobody force me to do anything...ESPECIALLY YOU s-b. at the time, it appeared to me that if you leave then I have no reason to be here, and if you can't be here, then I don't want to be here either. confused...I DID tell you I was ready to leave...and I DID tell you I was going to leave. But I started to have some doughts later on after the decision was made...(when I saw the ppl in tig) So I changed my mind...
You are NOT stupid...I told you what I wanted...and we confirmed many times...I'm just changing my mind now...YOu did NOTHING wrong..smile
I was just a little shocked, when I saw the announcement, because I didn't know we were going to formaly address it in that manner.

But its ok...happy

Tassie~Cyanide~
happy Smodden isn't leaving!!

Tassie~Cyanide~
shifty

Shadowy_Exa
stick out tongue

Ancalagon
yay smodden remains the same (lol dunno, somehow... Led Zeppelin.. messed)

Smodden
stick out tongue

Smodden
not beeing rude...but did I know you in one of your former life's?

Ancalagon
^^

Ancalagon
indeed Smod, its EEZY

Elessea
At this point in time...I'm not really sure what I am going to do...

I dont really know what happened this weekend, but i would appreciate it if someone let me in on it...

I have my own personal reasons, but also there is not a lot of point to Tig if many of my closeset friends aren't there...

I am just confusled now confused

Arroch
Aye, complicated

But there surely is no blame on you smile

Leaving was all our own decision, you may have influenced us, but as you said, you didn't ask as to leave smile

Anyways, what will be shall be smile

shadowy_blue
LOL..Exa. smile

I think..all's well now..happy Thank you. smile I was just really upset earlier..LOL..but I'm OK now. smile

Aurora
I said in my original post that everyone I am sure needs time away from KMC that meaning the Tig Party as well... I myself have taken breaks in posting there... in fact I was not even in the top 10 posters in the first one. But what I am soooo upset about is that not only did these ppl take a break they are black listing it, pulling the situation out in the public, and making others want to leave. Have the decency to leave quitely and save others the frett about losing everyone.

Exa if there are reasons that I do not know of I am sorry, but you can see that I am upset.

Smodden I am sorry to you as well.yes

shadowy_blue
I wasn't blacklisting it. no I sent a farewell PM ONLY to Exa and Smodden, and that was even for the WHOLE LOTR forum itself, not just in Tig Party. I NEVER asked anyone, not even Smodden or Exa to leave. I NEVER wanted to influence everyone to boycott the Tig Party thread. sad

I am a Sock
u mean what happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way.

Anyway, it saddens me to see so many people leave the tig party. It was a good place to get to know the LotR memmbers here. But this is your choice, so do what you must.

ABE LINCOLN
*sigh* It saddens me to see the LoTR forum being ripped apart by this...so until said storm passes, I'm outta here as well...

...in no way is this anything personal, I'd like to make that crystal clear. I just don't like people I think of as friends ragging on each other erm

you can find me in the OTF if you really care...but somehow, I doubt that

Sauron
So basically what y'all are saying ( or at least those that have stated that they want to leave the Tig Party ) is that, even though you have friends here...you won't be agknowledging them in the Tig Party or anywhere else on KMC ( for off topic posts are against the rules ).

Guess I just don't have a valid reason to depart from my friends that I have made over the past 6 months. I myself haven't been able to come to the Tig Party or KMC for that matter for the past couple of weeks, and instead of saying that I was leaving or taking a break, I make every effort that I can to just come in and say hello to those that are around.

Instead of making a public declaration of my departure, it just kind of happened, and I too have hurt someone that I care about !

Chris, I don't want you thinking that I have deserted you. You are my best mate, and I shall always think of you as such ! I know that I haven't been there for you, and I hope that you can forgive me. I feel horrible not being there for a friend, when he was there in my time of need ! ( Please go to the Tig Party for a continuance of this post )

I am a Sock
I'll say this. For those who are leaving the tig party, I think no less of you. I respect your disicion. I hope we can all remain friends through this difficult time

shadowy_blue
I'm so sorry for everything.

I promise...the next time I'll leave, it'll be really quiet.

Elessea
AD, We will still talk to our friends, that is what Pming is for, which i do quite frequently...

And i should clarify my earlier response. i need a break from Tig party, but not a compleate break...I just need to go threre LESS, not ignore it compleatly. I think i personally spend too much time there, and i havnt posted on any other threads besides games in over a month...which makes me sad sad so i will go to Tig less, but not ignore compleatly (if you understand what i mean??? I hope so)

And Aurora, i am not trying to bring the thing back up...i just saw and read the thread cuz i have been gone for a while...and i felt like voicing my opinion, please don't be mad...

Tassie~Cyanide~
oh no miffed you'd better had tell me when you're leaving mad stick out tongue

^^I agree, pip smile Makes no sense for me trying to completely abstain from posting in Tig

I am a Sock
yeah, good idea. I can't spend all my time in the Tig Party, thoug I try to post in other threads as much as possible ands brought back some good ones

Tassie~Cyanide~
Well I tried bumping up good threads, but apparently some people weren't too happy by it roll eyes (sarcastic)

edit: i'm going off-topic yet again.. stick out tongue

I am a Sock
well, I like it. Some threads should be discussed more. I've tried to bring back some old ones and create new ones

ABE LINCOLN
that's why you ought to come to the otf more often happy

seems like a lot of the lotr people avoid it

Elessea
yes , i went once , but was kinda scary, so i came back embarrasment

yes...not posting in Tig is torture...though i really am gonna do it less, just tonite, i am too tired to think and ponder, so i am returning to tig to be randome...thats all i hvae energy for.

plus, i am babysitting, and i have to keep running bACK AND forth to watch the kids... smile

yes, bumping never does bring back the same quality of the origional sad

azszhz
the only reason i havent been posting in the tig party is because i havent been on to much and when i am on almost nobody is usually on with me...
nothing against nobody honest

I am a Sock
I post in the OTF all the time. It's one way I got 1000 posts in a week

Elessea
lol...

i am now at 3200 posts eek! eek!

ABE LINCOLN
I'm nearing 20k blink

I am a Sock
yeah, I can back off on posting at the Tig Party for a bit

Ancalagon
whoa spear stick out tongue

i only have small little 4.300 or so

I am a Sock
I've got 6070 posts. I'll have 20k in 2 years, maybe

Ancalagon
laughing out loud

i dont like to read too much in so many threads...

Elessea
me either...plus i dont get on much no

I am a Sock
well, if u post in every thread, u can get alot real fast

ABE LINCOLN
yea, well thats the problem...I post in most everything, plus I'm pretty well known in the OTF, so I gotta post there too stick out tongue

Ancalagon
lol kk stick out tongue

get bent
seems like a lot of this was a BIG misunderstanding, i hope we can all go back to being friends again

Ancalagon
if it was this easy sad

Discos
mmm.....this thread has got a lot of reaction,

am suprised it isnt closed blink

but I made many a great speech to my fellow members on this here forums and tented everyone to halt!

But as usual, the dark shadow clouded my judgement and people fled

Discos - it was a sad dark day

Arroch
This thread is running wild erm
That's nonsense. I am using exactly what's supposed to be used for stuff like that - PMs and ICQ.
Of course there are still people I'm talking to less than before,

but, honestly, do you think I am happy about the whole thing? Do you think it was my wish to leave this magnificent thread/community?

Certainly not.
damn, I was nearly totally banned from KMC and am relieved, as ridiculous as that may sound, that it's "just" three or four threads now I can't reply to anymore.

Please just respect that as a fact, it's not worth discussing it emotionally like that.

ladygrim
we hope they can go bak in and be frends again ... sad

Elessea
we never stopped being friends...just stoppeed going into 1 thread...

cry sooooo sorry Exa no

Shadowy_Exa
Exa- i told that nasty man alllll about it stick out tonguestick out tongue

kidding AD your a lovely man stick out tongue big grin

Thór Vór
follow a crowd?

i left 4 days before everyone else confused

Ancalagon
dontgetit

is it november? *searches calendar*

THOR!!!!!!

Thór Vór
and i never said i was totally leaving, i said i would return in November...as in fully return.

Ancalagon
eek! laughing out loud

Discos
Thor did infact leave before everyone else,

Aurora
My badsad

Aurora
Guys listen I am just coming on here to say I am sorry to everyone... I am sorry if anyone's feelings were hurt or if I stirred up any trouble. My feelings were hurt and I was upset but it is everyones choice to do what they must. Again I apologize.

Smodden
AND Smodden says HE's sory for all the confusion and turmoil he caused...yes

I'm dead...
shadowy_blue is saying sorry too. smile Especially to AD and Aurora, and to everyone else...that became so upset because of the issue. smile

Ancalagon
laughing out loud

get bent
everyone makes mistakes wink

Smodden
well, I'm glad everyone's feeling beter...smile

Closing...

Ancalagon
LoL

Mister Smod-Mod

ladygrim
yay everything is beter

muse5
time for my catch phrase
'im confused'

not that much anymore, i don't really have to apologize to anyone because i am rarely on the forum anymore, but when i do coming i sometimes go in there, i wasnt a regular, i think everything is patched up now, this was a slightly pointless post, hey what can i say, i like to talk

Discos
ah dont worry yourself about it, all just a bunch of kiddie stuff,

tbh I think people have the choice to leave a forum or thread if they want to....

Discos - isn't this a democracy whistle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.