[Discuss your] Favorite Basketball [teams]..........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

siruslover
Survey!!!!!!

What's your favorite pro. Basketball player????????

G.P
A thread called "Favorite NBA players" already exists...
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f71/t30346.html

so this thread will limit itself to the question "What's your favourite Basketball team ?" (or will be closed for being redundant).

forumcrew
you put up 4 choices?... ive lost most interest in the nba ive always liked detroit and indiana and seeing LA loose was just great... but i really dont have a favorite team it used to be charlotte hornets years back

wuTa
detroit baby detriot!

Myth
What the hell? Those are our choices?

Closing.

forumcrew
yes please do.. i think we need limits on who can post polls.. its gettin rediculous.. maybe even who can start threads

G.P
Nothings prevents you from not participating in the poll and telling what your fav team is.

Myth => I'm the one in charge. If you have any real good reason to close this thread please talk. You shoud know that a poll can't have more than 10 options, and so you can't put all NBA teams in it.

Arachnoidfreak
Favorite Team: none of the above. New Jersey WHOOO

Myth
I know, I was just playing around (obviously it wasn't closed). Still, those were our options? 2 non-playoff making teams (Hawks were 2nd worse in the NBA), 1 team that made the playoffs but really did nothing special and is not known for being a popular favorite (Hornets), and then the Lakers which is deserving enough to be in the poll. Just thought it was odd. Pretty much makes it a pointless thread in my mind.

forumcrew
atleast "other" as a choice

Linkalicious
I'm a Laker fan, and of course I'll pick them, if i feel that it's worth polling, but even as a Laker fan i think that poll is like spitting in the face of NBA fans across the nation.

G.P
Myth => IMO that poll doesn't really matter...but if you want and if siruslover has nothing against it I think I can add "other" to the choices.

Drifter101
wait are you talking all time teams or current teams

Myth
Either/or. It really doesn't matter to me. Change it/leave it. Doesn't matter. Maybe just let it become more of a "Discuss your favorite team" thread or something.

MaverickIce
I am not jumping on the bandwagon either.....Though Lakers are my second fave, if only for old-school greats like Magic, West, Chamberlain, Kareem, Worthy, Baylor, Byron Scott, A.C Green,etc. They are overall the best team ever.

But they are my 2nd fave team...Cause its all about the D.

wuTa
i never said u were..i only accused that one person coz he never posted before until it was clear that detriot was gonna win it all but he/she coulda been a loyal fan and i was jumpin to conclusions

G.P
Myth => That sounds ok to me. Granted.

This is now the "Discuss your favorite NBA team" thread

The others plz keep it on topic.

MaverickIce
I never said you were accusing me...It just frustrating when some announcer praise the Pistons so much when they said were gonna get sweeped.

Linkalicious
and they were going to get swept too. If not for those rascally kids and their mangey mutt!

So while discussing the NBA...how b!tching would it be to have Rodman come back as a Laker? Happy Dance

Even as old as he is, i bet he'd play D just like the old days. The guy was an animal...you can't change that mentality.

wuTa
the worm eek! ..wouldnt be too pshyced about him bein a laker but i dont know if there are too many coached that can put up with him...he was one of the greatest defendors ever i rember when he played for dallas and wasnt gettin any calls so he put his hands in his pants and was defending his man with no hand.....the worm was awesome

Linkalicious
I was watching Ben Wallace during the Finals and it made me think a lot of D-Rod defending Shaq. Only, personally, i think the Worm gave Shaq a lot more trouble than Wallace did. Mostly because he could get in Shaq's head.

Myth
I don't know why any team would want Rodman. There is no way he can be as good plus he has all that baggage. He hasn't played for 4 years and even then was a short stint. His last full season was in like 98.

Dr. Strangelove
Kings are my favorite.
How about this, who's your favorite other than your hometown team like wuTa favorite is the Pistons or Link's is the Lakers but who's the 2nd favorite you root for other than the one youve followed throughout your life? My second favorite would probably be the Blazers when all their players aren't on the sticky icky.
Also why the hell are the Hawks on that list, don't they only average 50 fans at their stadium? stick out tongue

Myth
I have been a Pacer fan (besides Blazers) all of my life (until recently) because Reggie is GOD! However, I hate Jermaine O'Neal with a passion and Reggie is not what he used to be, so therefore, I hate Jermaine's team. The last several years I have been a supporter of the T-Wolves followed by the Spurs. However, its always been Blazers first, anti-Laker 2nd.

Linkalicious
Traditionally I was a Bulls fan, yes a front runner in some regard, but I was very young when the Bulls made their run, and it was too difficult to not like them when they were winning 70 games in a season.
Other than that, I"ve never really had "a team" other than the Lakers. I just watch all the teams in the league because I enjoy watching basketball...

wuTa
i never liked the bulls coz they were rivals with detriot my 2nd fave team used to be the jazz coz of stocton and malone i still like them but not as much but i also always root for duke players coz i've been a duke fan as long as as piston fan and i'm always lookin for that team that sucks but is just on the breaking point of being good like when the gizzlies drafted gasol and battier i started to root for them i guess you could say i'm like link and really dont have 2nd fave team just certain players on a team i like so i'll root for them to win

Linkalicious
I never liked Detroit because of '88 & '89, but I just can't help but like this years Pistons. NO they aren't my favorite team, and NO I'm not a front runner, but you gotta a love a team that lets their game do the talking. And their combo of defense and running the court is just too pretty to not enjoy.

Unlike those boring ass Spurs! Thank god they didn't get back to the finals.

Arachnoidfreak
I used to be a Bulls fan, but I started liking the Nets in Jordan's last season in Chicago. Then Chicago broke up and New Jersey is my favorite team. My second favorite would be Dallas, and then Minnesota.

wuTa
88-89 is the same reaon why i hate the lakers than they had van exel who had pout and cry about eveything as a laker along with divac than the addittion of phil jackson yrs later which made me hate them even more, and than malone ditched utah to go there and than i started to dispise them (but hold nothin against malone)

AF-that means you were a nets fan when they had marbury....those musta been tough years

Arachnoidfreak
Yes, i was a Nets fan when they had Marbury(actually before that, when they had Sam Cassell running the point).

I was so happy to see Marbury on the team, but he was such a dissappointment, i thought he would do so much better. and Keith Van horn...man, what a pussy. I thought he was great when he was a rookie, then i noticed that he had 0 aggression, the guy plays with no heart. and Jason Williams...HAHAHAHA, he was good, but look where he is now. Then they had Rony Seikly, George Mueresan(god they sucked)...i could name their whole roster since '98.

Tough years, ain't that the truth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.