Drunk Driving

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ABE LINCOLN
Yet another reason I'm against alcohol is drunk driving...and Thursday night, in my seemingly humble and boring town, a friend's mother's friend got hit by a drunk driver sad You never think things like this happen close to home, and much less to someone you'd know...

there's a video link here: http://www.cbs4boston.com/ "A drunk driver in Franklin hit Bellingham woman"

Fallen Jedi
wow, i'm really sorry. is she okay?

BingaBonga
My best friend's dad died in 2000 of a drunk driver. He was running, and she was speeding, and it's made my friends life h*ll. It's so sad what alcohol can do to you.

ABE LINCOLN
She's in critical condition with head injuries, I just edited in a link where you can listen to the clip erm

Fallen Jedi
for some reason the clip won't appear on my computer. anyway, i hope she recovers soon.

BingaBonga
Me too. I'm very sorry for what happened. sad

ABE LINCOLN
eh, it's a Boston site...that might have something to do with it *sigh*

ABE LINCOLN
wait...you did go down to the Video menu, right? messed

I am a Sock
DD is at it's worse during Prom and Graduation. People do stupid stuff sometimes. And in these car crashes, it seem like inocent ppl get killed, never the drunk driver. That makes me mad mad

Pyrofly
im sorry to hear that

i hope she gets better

Maverick2364
That woman went to my church, you'd think these accidents would never happen to you. Getting hit by a truck's side mirror on a hit and run, thank God one of the friends in the vehicle came forward...

Debbie Monroe

chuggerboy
hey man! anyone who drinks and drive aint cool. Im sorry to hear that.

I am a Sock
I don't know why anyone would want to get drunk. It's just not cool. It's can cause a lot of damage. I know I'll never be drunk.

chuggerboy
is just stoopid. People can get hurt and it aint right.

ABE LINCOLN
I don't know if it's stupidity, laziness, or a mixture of both...either way, they're not using their head, and people who don't deserve to be hurt get hurt erm

Darth Revan
people who are drunk have a higher chance of surviving car crashes, it's a proven fact. Something to do with your body being more relaxed...

Anyways, sorry to hear about that Spear sad Hope she gets better

Rogue Jedi
i had a DWI when i was 19. stupid, i know, but it taught me a lesson.

I am a Sock
well, I hope your friends mother will be OK. I hope whoever did pays dearly

ABE LINCOLN
Well, at least you learned from it, RJ^^

yea AE, they caught the bastard erm

chuggerboy
drunk drivers should lose their license and a right do own a car. thumb up

I am a Sock
good. I hope he get the max penalty

Rogue Jedi
easy to say, lest it happens to you.

chuggerboy
im too young to drink anywayz.

ABE LINCOLN
Of course, that never stops anyone erm

Flying Orange
Just heard about that tonight, really sad sad

big gay kirk
If you take your car out in the evening, knowing, while sober, that you will be drinking alcohol then driving home, then you should automatically be guilty of attempted murder.... it was a premeditated act, and if you aren't aware that your actions could lead to someones death then you are either stupid or ignorant... there is no excuse for it... I will never be caught drink-driving, for the simple reason that if I intend to drink, i take a taxi to the pub, or walk... then I can't drive home...

Holy Man
*handclaps* nice speech kirk

ABE LINCOLN
that's a good point, kirk big grin

but not easy to enforce until something happens erm

<<Solo>>
I'm very sorry to hear that. I do hope she gets better.

Holy Man
yeah

BackFire
If you hit someone while drinking and driving you should not allowed in a car ever again.

If you kill someone while drinking and driving, you should have life in prison, just the same as if it was premeditated murder.

Daisy Duke
i hope she feels better

forumcrew
i dont think you should be against alcohol because of drunk drivers.. be against stupid people.. yea the alcohol makes them a bad driver but their dumb ass decides to do it.. the only person alcohol will hurt is the moron that drinks it every day.. I do think that they should lose their license for a few years minimal and any prison timed served would not count towards this

and darth raven.. what proven fact is this? your body is more relaxed that sounds like BS i think its more that no one cares about the driver so everyone remembers the victim dying or they focus and a driver that is alive and when they die they just say good.. a drunk actually is in worse condition because their blood is much thinner making it much easier to blead to death

nazgulinthedark
im sorry, i hope shes ok sad

forumcrew
but it wasnt premeditated murder so why should they serve the sentence of one? they should serve the sentence they commited, yes its stupid and careless but its still an accident.. some of these large companies doing insider trading ruins thousands of peoples lives thats way worse then 1 drunk driver.. the things people focus on make no since

nazgulinthedark
still, people, have a designated driver

forumcrew
yes they should.. and i dont wanna seem like im promoting drunk driving.. but some people have stupid arguments when they are emotional about a subject.. if you cant discuss something without putting your feelings in it never try to win an argument or be a lawyer

Linkalicious
forumcrew...you've made a very good arguement. I feel the same way because I'd be straight lying if I said i've never driven with a beer or two in my system. But i've ALWAYS been under the legal limit.

Easy to throw people who are drunk under the bus. But 2 beers is no worst than popping a high Mg Vicadin or Valium and taking a drive. and any time i have those 2 beers, I sit for atleast 30 minutes....never pound two and head out the door right away....Terrible terrible mistake you could be making...

BackFire
Nonsense. It's their decision to go out and drive knowing that they are more liable to get into an accident and kill someone because of it. That makes it premeditated because they should know better. I have no pity for drunk drivers, stupidity isn't an excuse.

Also, these large companies may ruin peoples lives, but they don't kill them with a huge hunk of metal. Big difference.

nazgulinthedark
thumb up and thats good to only have a couple beers and sit awhile before you get up and drive thumb up

but i mean the people who know before they even go into where ever they are drinking and they know they are going to have more than a couple of beers, need to get a designated driver...or sit for a couple of hours or something

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.