Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flavio
I know this soon will be closed, but does anyone know where's he from? ok i'm borederm

FRO§T
in the x-men evolution show, wolverine and captine america, saved him from the camp he was in as a child

Flavio
Poland, but he may be from any other European country, as the Nazis took many people to the camps...so i wanna know if he's Polish or what.

cLoVi€
big grinbig grinbig grinbig grin POLAND!

according to the movie. the camp was in poland happy

but i think he can be as well from bialorussia or ukraine. blink
(don't kill me)

FRO§T

Flavio
no 1 wants... now Clov you can say "closing-closed" stick out tongue

cLoVi€
laughing out loud

he can be also from czechr. or slovakia...
or.. from anywhere here no expression

closing--closed. as you wish.

Flavio
i could never speak that 'Chercorslovaquia' name, my tongue cant stick out tongue
- sorry for posting big grin

cLoVi€
they splited.

there are two coutries now
Czech republik and slovakia big grin

Flavio
oh really? now it will be a lot easier to me say those two names stick out tongue

cLoVi€
laughing out loud right.

naucz sie jeszcze polskiego stick out tongue

Flavio
ok, i see
safdsdhgg dudu dyueduyndu adee? stick out tongue

(a friend of mine always told me: when you don know whhat some1 is saying, sayembarrasmentk, i see)laughing out loud

cLoVi€
i said: so you only need to learn polish stick out tongue

FRO§T
yeh naucz sie jeszcze polskiego

Flavio
i dint say anything, random letters big grin
i'll start a Polish course someday...

cLoVi€
i know it was random.
it didn't sound as portugal (you speak portugal, right?)

or any of the languages i used to understand no expression

Flavio
well, Portuguese...

cLoVi€
i was close embarrasment

Flavio
yeah you were big grin wow this got big, off-topic, and unclosed stick out tongue

cLoVi€
it'll get close anyway.
so there is no point in keeping it on topic no expression

Flavio
yeah you're right(as always hun?), so did you see formula 1? j/k stick out tongue

cLoVi€
nope no expression

what's dat? j/k
i usually don't watch races.

Flavio
ok, i see... lol i think i gotta g to write a e-ssay/composition whatever you people call it...so see ya

cLoVi€
bye

closing---closed.

Pao
didn't work Clovie shifty

Vampiree
*sniffs the whole place*

this.. must b... the.. first thread for magneto! big grin so.. eventually it WON'T get closed happy

so stick to the topic evil face

cLoVi€
there was no thread for magneto???? blink

laughing out loud

ok. it will get more on topic roll eyes (sarcastic)

Flavio
LOL so i made a useful thread!!! YAAAY!! laughing out loud Jesus, my fave villain hadnt a thread and it was created randomly stick out tongue

Kes
I'll leave it open if you guys can manege to get back on topic!

Flavio
we'll try, it's just i thought it would be closed, so we got really off the subject big grin

kohl
what do we do? post pictures?

Pao
discuss the fact his name is not Eric Lensherr (sp)??? confused

Flavio
well it's a Magneto thread, so anything bout him, pics, history, questions, just like the other characters threads...

kohl
-

kohl
--

kohl
---

kohl
brand new, from eXcalibur #2

kohl
& again.

kohl
--

Flavio
happy

FRO§T
????????????

Flavio
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Flavio
wow, i found a great pic...

Flavio
another one, now the movies, he's old, but Ian acts wondefully...

kohl
--

Meant2be
OK, maybe this is old news, but I was thinking... in the movies, Magneto pulls the iron out of that fat guy, Mr. Laurio (or something like that). Anyway, he lifts up the guy and then pulls the iron out of him, just like he did with Wolvie in the comics. But you know what? When you pull A out of B, you have to hold B, otherwise you pull A & B together, right?

Magneto can maniputate steel and stuff, but he can't manipulate a normal human being. So what is holding the fat guy in the air, while the Magneto pulls the iron out of him? That's what's bothering me blink

Flavio
the metalic belt of the fat guy? stick out tongue jk, yeah, good point.

Meant2be
So anyone knows the answer?

Flavio
i think ther's no answer, just a mistake...

Paola
stupid Singer!!! mad.........jk

Flavio
nah, it's a single scene, very well done, everyone got stuck and "clapped?" hands when saw it, was an intelligent way to take him outta thre...this wont make the scene less cool.

Jury
Since de fat guy possesses de metal stuff, Magneto is magnetically pulling de metal instead of de man... which seems, of course, he's lifting him. By de time de metal has pulled out from de fat guy, de tendency for de fat guy is to fall down, right?

Since, as you said, Magneto can't manipulate human beings, it's impossible to pull out both A & B since he can't "magnet" de human when he only meant to "magnet" de metal stuff. It's unnecessary to hold de man while pulling out his metal stuff magnetically. It's like pulling out de piece of nail magnetically on de top of a table... when de nail sticks to de magnet, de table lefts behind even though you're not holding it.

I hope dat explains somethin' logical. roll eyes (sarcastic)

cool

Meant2be
Yeah, but that's because the table is heavier than magnetic field on the nail. You don't have to hold the table: gravity keeps it down.

Anyway, it's a great scene and I loved it. I just woke up one morning and thought: Hmm... something's wrong here... blink wink

X_julie_X
I had the same thoughts with Storm's accent.
In X1 she has one, in X2 she hasn't anymore. Or is it my imagination? embarrasment

Meant2be
Nope, I second that "Hmmm..." thought yes

X_julie_X
oh ok
or maybe it was on purpose she lost that accent stick out tongue

you do loose your accent after a while, right? smile

but anyway: back on topic

Jury
and which was heavier: de fat guy or de iron attached to him? (or was it de metal belt? stick out tongue) roll eyes (sarcastic)

J@deM@ximoff
magneto is my grandfather, pietro is my daddy, wanda and anya are my aunts and yes bet you people didn't know magneto had two daughters did ya did ya? yo

"If you can't be cool be fird my mama always told me that." -Toad x-evo
sorry for spelling to damn sleep. *yawn* *yawn again*

Jury
blink

Jury
let's talk about pics.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jury0261: Magneto 1

Jury
jury0262: Magneto 2

Jury
jury0263: Magneto 3

Jury
jury0264: Magneto 4

Jury
jury0265: Magneto 5

Jury
jury0266: Magneto 6

Jury
jury0267: Magneto 7

Jury
jury0268: Magneto 8

Jury
jury0269: Magneto 9

Jury
i have more... but last for now roll eyes (sarcastic)

jury0270: Magneto 10

Jury
cool cool Magnetos, aren't they?

Paola
jawdrop where do you get those??!?!?!

Jury
some of them are my collections... they were old... and others I get those from random sites.. many sites... and i don't even remember what those sites were... that was two years ago and i dunno... personal collections... patiently researched ... blah.. blah...

big grin

Paola
yeah I know what you're talking about wink
excellent pics Jury!!!

Flavio
yeah, man these pics rock
Paola: jawdropreally wonderful sig!

Paola
thanks!! happy you know I love yours too flavi boy big grin

Flavio
happy

Meant2be
You have a point wink

Jury
i told you roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shadow_King
those are cool pics

Shadow_King
this was always my fav pic of magneto cuz i think this was the first time i ever seen him.

Shadow_King
oh and i have this other one of wolvie vs magnus

Shadow_King
and i dont know what this is pic is of magneto so i just call him DARK MAGNETO evil face evil face evil face

Paola
that's a cool one Shadow!!! thumbsup

Shadow_King
is it true that magneto was saved by logan

Paola
where? when? confused

Shadow_King
i dunno i thought you would know. all i heard was wolverine saved magnus as a child from the concentration camps

Paola
oh yeah that's an "X-Men: Evolution" story yes
dunno if it also appeared in the comics erm
Operation Rebirth is the name of the ep, I believe

Shadow_King
i never really like evo that much

Paola
it was a kid-directed cartoon so..... it's good you didn't yes

kohl
i watched it once and actually fell asleep.

Flavio
i watched once and turned the TV off before the end, it sucks so much...

Shadow_King
i only like the x-men 90s show.

Shadow_King
because magneto was more cooler in that series then evo.

Shadow_King
and plus xavier had the hovering chair in the 90's series

Flavio
same here

Shadow_King
i found x-men the 90s series to be more philosophical

powerfulone1987
I liked X-Men a lot and I also like the 90's X-Men shows too.They are all good to me.

Shadow_King
but x-men evo was more for kids. the original show was more to the pre teens not kids. the original had more depth in the mutant issue than evo.

Mainstream
I've been thinking on this one for a while now. Is magneto really evil or could he be considered a hero..at least from a mutants point of view.

pr1983
i don't know if this thread is gonne be kept open...

he's not evil, just misguided, he's had a terrible life, losing his family during the war, then losing his daugher, then his wife...

how many people would stay on the straight and narroow after that?

Mainstream
nah...he's evil..he kills..killing made him..if he would have went the Batman route and punished those who have did wrong to him or other I could have said he was a hero...but with all the killing he has done he is evil.

Arcane
well he is only thinking of mutants, wanting his kind to rule, he is only destroying to get mutants the respect they deserve, it might not be the right way to go about it, but no one is perfect stick out tongue

pr1983
he's not evil, if he was he and charles would be mortal enemies, not friends...

he went through a lot worse than batman...

he's too complex imo to be simply called evil...

Mainstream
okay...Magneto is misguided and misunderstood...he's no Saint...not exactly a "here I come to save the day" (unless your a mutant that day needs saving)

pr1983
nobody said he was a saint, far from it, but to call him evil is unfair imo...

Mainstream
I don't know...maybe he's sort of evil...just a little...if a person could be such a thing.

pr1983
i dont think he's that evil... i think hes more a victim of circumstance... i mean nowadays hes a good guy...

Mainstream
yeah...for now..he even tried the whole "join the Xmen" Xavier was like "Magnus you don't have to be this way...join my Xmen. my Xmen are Xmen that fight to protect those who are mutants. My Xmen are heroes..my Xmen are where you belong Magnus..my Xmen are here for you and you should be here with my Xmen.

pr1983
ok... confused

Mainstream
I noticed on the 90's xmen cartoon Xavier loved to say "my Xmen" like he owned them or something...I always got a kick out of it when he said my Xmen.

pr1983
he does own them...

Mainstream
then maybe he should call him his uncanny X-Slaves.

pr1983
doesnt have quite the same ring to it...

besides, he gave these people a home, food, training to control their powers, everything they could ask for, they owe him...

Alpha Centauri
Anti-Villain.

Perfect way to describe Magneto. Not a villain, just because of what he wants to achieve. Peace, essentially.

The way he goes about it is just forceful.

He's not a hero, nor is he an anti-hero (Meaning mostly achieving good things through bad methods). He is an anti-villain (achieving bad things through good intentions).

-AC

Shadow_King
magneto is both evil and good i think.

Mainstream
I could understand that.

DarkCrawler
Yeah they are like:

"Thats it Charles! I leave the X-Men and go to work myself!"

"Of course, Scott...just remember to pay me the same amount of money that I have payed for you...after all, I have payed for your food, accommodation, training, and clothes since you were thirteen..."

"I have changed my mind. I'll stay in X-Men."

"I knew you would do that."

CountQuan
I asked my two friends and they agree with me that Magneto is horrible. The producer just make him seem powerful but hes actually weak.

Clovie
he IS pawerful blink

he has great power, and exapt for that he has a huge affection on others
and as well found a way to defeat himself from xaviers power erm

CountQuan
but cant the other X-men like Cyclops or ICeman still defeat him.? Cyclops and Iceman and etc dont have metal except for Wolverine. Cyclops would whoop him easily.

Alpha Centauri
You're judging the movie.

Read the comics.

-AC

Shadow_King
ya AC is right... magneto is very powerful... he has the abilities to destroy apocalypse.

gambitindaflesh
Yes, he is definatly one of the most powerful! One of the reasons he is such an awsome character is his relationship with Charles, they are good buddies who look out for eachother but disagree on their aproach and end up in battles, but you don't see that in the movie.

Shadow_King
i think they seem like they disagree on their approach of homo sapiens and how mutants should live their life.... and then they end up in battles.

apocalyptic
I think that magnetos powers make him special, as he is very powerful, and they are endless (well not endless but you get the idea, hopefully it makes sense) possibilities in how he can use his powers, i.e. destry the earth by is magnetic feild, kill a human via the iron in the blood (something like that) and other things, and going off topic and it may sound really stupid, but couldnt jean grey defeat magneto, i.e. she could use her telekenesis to remove the helmet and use her telepathy (how xavier does/would) to defeat him, she could use her force feild to prevent getting attacked by whatever maganeto throws at her magnetically. Can she leviatate like magneto?, and how strong is her force feild?, and how much weight can she lift by telekenesis?

apocalyptic
Forgot to mention above he can defeat some powerful mutants such as apocalypse,sinister,xavier,proteus? these are just some of the powerful ones i can think of, not much knowledge on the x-men comics. Also he can defeat normal individual mutants i.e. from the top of my head mutants like mastermind, mesmero, darkstar, colossus, sunfire, banshee, thunderbird,northstar, bishop, maybe nighcrawler? and omega red (even though he is strong/powerful i think his tentacles are metal) and various teams i.e. x-men,morlocks, inner circle,4 horseman, brotherhood, acolytes, alpha flight and x-factor etc just taking a guess with these teams as i am not sure how strong/powerful they are like i said this is just my opinion.

Also i will explain what i meant by magnetos powers are endless i.e. before his rejuvenation, Magneto once lifted a cargo freighter weighing 30,000 tons 50 feet into the air from a distance of 300 feet away.

Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he seems to have some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to magnetism. In the past he has fired a bolt of electricity, he has also created enough intense heat to destroy a metal door. Heat, or infrared radiation, is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which also includes visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma-rays, and x-rays. Magneto may be able to project any of these.

He has also been shown creating an anti-gravity field, and presumably does so whenever he levitates a non-magnetic object. Hence, Magneto may be living proof of the long sought Unified Field Theory that all forms of energy are related. However, Magneto almost always uses only magnetism, so perhaps it is more difficult for him to manipulate other forms of energy.

I obtained this information from a a thread on this website, i think he is the only/one of the mutants whoose powers can vary as stated above hasnt just got one form of power.

Sorry for going on and spelling,english or if the information in incorrect.

Mainstream
Magneto...a new breed of evil...how about that?

Filipp
Naaaaa he is cold hearted evil and merciles.......just a little

Telepath_Bedlam
All very true in more or less ways. But what about the bodily metals? Like iron. In the movie, Mystique injected liquid metal into the guard. But it just added more to what was already there. Could Magneto not just seek out who has natural iron and lure it to him. He could have done the same thing he did to the guard at a smaller scale to anyone else. I doubt any metal is too small for Magneto's manipulation.

platinumx
his experience makes him strong too, he has been through so much, it has made him smarter then most of the x-men and a real good stratigest

Mainstream
....I could go with that Flipp.

CountQuan
How does Magneto fight in the comics? I know he hasn't been showing much fighting in the movies. He controls magnetism, but I dont know how he fights. For example, if he got in a fight with Nightcrawler, wont Nightcrawler win? Since he doesnt have anything metal on him. SO could someone explain to me how he fights.

pr1983
he'll hit him with something big an metallic...

gambitindaflesh
He can sense metal and would use whatever was in the room. He is freakin powerful. Awsome guy. He can fly, well not in the movie, and uses a magnetic forcfield leaving him untouchable. He's really something to watch, no single X Man could take him, not even the whole team for that matter.

CountQuan
Other than magnetism, can Magneto levitate non metallic things and throw them at people?

CountQuan
BAsically, does he have telekinesis?

pr1983
no, only metal things, and he can manipulate anything metallic, even iron ore in the ground...

CountQuan
If Magneto was stuck in a room. And he has to fight Pyro. There are NO metal things in the room. The only way to get out of the room is to kill Pyro. What in the world can Magneto to kill Pyro?

pr1983
the metal in his flame thrower...

ScarletSpider
Magneto can also generate EM blasts. He could send an EM pulse through Pyro's body and kill him.

pr1983
that too...

Rave X
To bad he's not with the x-men, he would make them invinsible

gambitindaflesh
he leads them at some point. I haven't got to that yet. He has 'spared' the x men and xavier many, many times. It's awsome the relationship of these characters, too bad they screwed it up in the movies! Magneto is really a good guy and would have never killed Rogue or left the x men and xavier to die like that. They're relationship is beautiful in the comics and that is one of my favorite things about the whole thing. I love Magneto and that was one of the big reasons why.

CountQuan
If he was stuck in a room with Beast and there was no metal, how would Magneto kill Beast?

Capt_Fantastic
Magneto can also control the iron in the blood of other people. In the Fatal Attractions series, he was able to freeze all of the X-Characters that had gathered for Illyana Rasputins funneral. Not only was he able to freeze them in place, but they weren't able to use their mutant abilities. With the exception of Bishop, who's power was based on the effects of energy directed at him...which is how he was able to break free of Magnetos control.

pr1983
capt, not that i don't like magneto (cos i do, he's one of the best), but the iron in the blood thing has always been a bit flawed imo, i mean he'd have conquered the world long ago if that was that case...

wuTa
he flies in the movie....in the first one when hes in the statue of liberty

Jury
Magneto actually flies using magnetic fields.

Mainstream
Magneto is the Xmen second most powerful enemy...the first my dear dear dear dear dear dear dear buddy Apocalypse...he is as far beyond mutants as they are beyond human...seriously he's a mutant..some would say he's a god...but he's not but he is God D*mn strong. but with staying on topic...Magneto is a fearless dude..quite strong.

Napalm
No, Juggernaut is the worst he can't be destroyed.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>