Which Middle-earth character/s reminds you of yourself - and why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I'm dead...
I know some threads of this sort has been done in the past, but they really went horribly off-topic and they're very, very old. stick out tongue

In this thread, please..please..actually explain "why" the character(s) remind you of yourself...just don't post who the character(s) is/are and that's it. Don't just post a grocery list or something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Explain why, so this thread will be on topic and interesting to read. wink

OK...I'll start. smile

Some primary characteristics:
--merry among a few close friends, very quiet in a large group
--would rather be hanging around with jolly young friends & cousins than doing something "important"
--long walks alone, often in the dark
--love the stars, trees, water
--singing and collecting songs (and every now and again, writing one..."I l Love Cheese"..anyone? stick out tongue )
--when a big decision is due, I sit and think and think and think while people wait for the decision
--pessimism surfaces during difficulties
--wish someone else had been selected to do the job I have
--yes, it's a burden; just keep putting one foot in front of the other

...Frodo. smile

Ironically though, I'd say I'm also like Boromir. I'm pretty cynical and suspicious of things that don't seem "right." (IT'S A CONSPIRACY, I TELL YOU!!) I consider myself smart and I don't suffer stupid people everytime. I try to convince people to follow my ideas, and although I'm not as cranky as Boromir, I will sometimes give in and pout if I'm outnumbered. I also get depressed very easily. I don't like working in groups. (The Society of Nearsighted Elves are probably reading this and getting nervous.)

Unlike Boromir, however, I won't try to take things from people. I just get depressed and have the "the world is ending and it's all my fault" pout. I'm not all evil, though; I am very good-natured most of the time. And I'm not as bad as I just said I was about forcing my ideas on people. Most of the time I'll give in to other people's ideas if I'm outnumbered and I WON'T pout. Unless it's a school project and my grades could suffer from it. Then I'm a little more aggressive. big grin

Great, I just made myself sound like a big jerk. I'm really not that bad, believe me! I'm kind and good and friendly and fun and... and... stuff! And for all you Frodos out there, I won't try to take your stupid jewelry!! stick out tongue

Sometimes though, I could also be like Barliman Butterbur, for I have a terrible memory. laughing out loud

Discos
Eamor - he reminds me of a born leader, and I of course am a born leader among my friends smile he takes charge when needed and people listen to him. He does a facial expression which I also do.

I will write more when I get back after dinner,

Discos - isnt there similar threads like this roll eyes (sarcastic)

I am a Sock
Try as you may, you'll never save this forum j/k

Probaly Merry or Pippin. Those two Hobbits want to help make a difference, yet no one expects them to. I'm the kind of guy that's small, and doesn't do much since I physically can't do much, just like a hobbit. Merry and Pip were able to do alot, so I hope I can be like them

Discos
oh I just noticed who actually started this topic embarrasment

Discos - thought it was another random newbie

I am a Sock
you mean the sig and the looooong post wan't enough to tell you it was s_b? lol

muse5
^hahaha

Pippin
-i have a habbit of talking before i think, an touching things when i'm not supposed to, kind of like the whole Moria-well thing, i have actually done that before in a store, not a good thing
-id rather be with my friends and having fun than being serious, i'm also slightly lazy in that respect
-i eat like a hobbit... i have seven meals a day (well, almost) and food seems most important to him than the other hobbits
Merry
-in some other respects i am like merry, i can be very thoughtful and more philisophical and i do have a quiet side to me, i'm more like pippin though
Eowyn
-i really identify with her in the respects of wanting to escape the cage- my hometown is like one, all very conformist and straightlaced, i just want to escape and do my own thing but there are many people telling me that i can't (my grandparents for instance, don't like the idea that i play the guitar now, they liked my violin), and i have to follow a 'path'... plus i've started to develop a crush on a guy that has been going out with his girlfriend for like 3 years (an eternity for a high school relationship) it's kinda like the same thing with her, its kind of just the image, but he is really nice to me.. i feel kinda bad, i need a faramir! not to sound like a personal add or anything... hehehe

Shadowy_Exa
Pippin

What can i say.

im clumsy
im always in trouble
i have my other hobbit friends AD and Discos who help me get into trouble
I have my diamond stick out tongue *waves*
Gandalf -the leader- isnt really fond of me, but later will have a soft spot for me *waits*
I can provide some comic relief when things get bad. well...i try.
Im very proud of where i come from.
And im carefree none of this 'dooom' 'the strength of men is failing!' 'I am boromir, take off your clothes frodo!' upset crap for me big grin

Montross
Sauron, because I am a tyrant.

aragorniscool45
i say pippin too, because im very curious about things, i'm VERY clumsy, i get into trouble alot not in a bad way (by my family)

Thór Vór
Thorondor

I come to save the day when needed stick out tongue
I try not to take sides...but when i have to i choose the good guys
I can fly, lol jk shifty
I scared someone bad's face...he deserved it stick out tongue
shadowy said something that we are alike but i can't remember what it was lol.

OrliObsessor1
Pippin- Im always a screwup but im so luvable that everyone forgives me (forget that last part lol) , and I love to eat non stop, mushrooms rule!
Legolas- Im often quiet, rarely shy.

nazgulinthedark
the mouth of sauron reminds me of myself...hes cunning and can think on his toes (i dont know if he has toes :blinksmile
ok, well anyway, hes the messenger for sauron (in class im always dubbed messenger for the teahcers or whomever) hes not eally in charge of a part of the army (i am not a good leader) all he does is go back and forth between people ect. ect.
he makes empty promises (no so much me) and is a good lier (me, some time i scare myself how good i can liie)
and i think the mouth of sauron reminds me of myself smile

Smodden
No comment.

Flying High
erm...i duno...i say it changes too......who do u think other pepl r like...?
lol...?

Shadowy_Exa
Montross...is like me blink

Fëanor
non sequiter

Flying High
who am i like....?

Smodden
I think that I'm most like, Aragorn...

Simply because He has a lot of doubts about himself, and what he can become. He knows he is an heir to the throne, he knows that he is in a line of kings, He knows that someday he can become something, and make a name for himself, accomplish something, but He dosn't know exactly if he CAN, or if he WANTS too. What if he fails, what if its too late, and he didn't try hard enough?

I see myself, as a similar person, trying to decide what to do with the rest of my life, wondering where I will go, and what I will do, as I go into my LAST year of school...after that what next? and what will I do during that last year? How will I come to the throne so to speak,? what if I can't do it? Like aragorn, I'm scared of what I may become. I don't want to put aside the ranger just yet...I'm still a kid(ranger) despite all others saying I'm growing up, and am becoming an adult(king). I know eventually I'll accept it, and move on, but I'm not ready yet, And I'm trying to find my place in this world...
Like aragorn, I find myself singing alot...(cough wish me luck I'm trying out for american Idol 4 on friday cough)lol!
I like walking in the woods, I find myself looking at peoples tracks in the parkmessed and wondering how fast they were walking/running.

Other qualities I have, is I think I'm like Berenembarrasment Always Seeking for that one goal and purpous of his LIFE...And doing anything, and everything to get to it. Risking his life, traveling vast distances, ect...
And he knew that one day he would get to it...

Smodden
I find myself constantly comparing real life situations and people, and myself to Middle Earth and LOTR
Like when I get a new boss at work, and she's realy mean, and she gives us orders that we all know are folly and unwise, but I follow them anyway, because she's the steward, and I'm a guard of the citadel....and I have to obey her...
Or when My friend moved away to S. Carolina and I didn't want him to leave, but he had to...I saw it as though HE was frodo, and he had to sail away,

Or like yesterday(don't get freaked out)embarrasment
I was playing tennis, and I skinned my knee, and a little Blood got on the raquet, I Felt as though I was in a battle, and I was wounded, But I didn't let my enemy beat me down, I got my weapon, got back on the field(court) and I let her have all my blows....I served catapault after catapault, with swings as fast as gwahir, and it was just like a battle(only not), And I defended my royal court.I was going crazy! It might have been the heat, but it was exilerating...

Gandalf
I enjoy Fireworks alot! I live for the 4th of July, and every year I Dazzle my friends and fam, with a show. roll eyes (sarcastic)..yes I do (bottlerockets!)ITs so great, I love seeing the colors and light, in the sky, and the loud BOOMS...
so in that way i'm like gandalf,

I realy like this topic s-bbig grin

Ancalagon
I wont write much but Sam reminds me of myself

Ancalagon
stick out tongue

Discos
Discos - shifty you only wish you were one of me

Thór Vór

Discos
laughing ya got me there

Bar-en-Danwedh
who's shadowy exa? SB or X?
sexy av though...

i relate to Boromir alot. I would have wanted to use the ring. I've also, once had to fight off 20 guys in a life and death situation, and a couple friends made a coment about it when we saw FOTR for the first time.

There's a lot of Feanor in there aswell, a bit of turin... most of the agressive guys i guess... and twist of Gaurung just for flavour.

Bar-en-Danwedh
a bit of Beren aswell...

I am more of a good guy...

muse5
hahaha, i'm not the only one that's confused (or confussed as dom monaghan would say) shadowy exa is sauron... i've created a thread devoted to name changing, i think uve been there already though

Arroch

Fëanor
that...could almost describe me

to a degree

Arroch

Fëanor
unfortunately i only have book 2...i seemed to have lost bk 1...

Nienna
I'm Finduilas...hopefully tomorrow I'll be something different. But I am Finduilas for today. *sigh* sad

Nienna
Maybe I'm some Turin too...I'm pessimistic, life can only get worse! yes

Exabyte

Shadowy_Exa
sad Dont be pessimistic you two sad

Be hoplessly optmistic!

Claude_Rains
I would probably be Wormtongue... messed Probably because I like to be cunning, and get my way...

Montross
Maybe....Eru Iluvatar, Creator of All....

Discos
and what can you say you hasve created except shit and farts?

I am suprised the most part of people havnt said Aragorn or especially Legolas because they are such babes with big bums

Nienna
Iluvatar? roll eyes (sarcastic) I agree with Discos, and of course Exa! stick out tongue

@Lordy, Impossible. no

muse5
i thought of another reason i'm like pippin, i like to party/drink with my friends

Smodden
I'm sorta like gollum...no i'm like smeagol...no i'm like both of them...No I think i'm more like smeagol...or gollum...*clasps hands to head* no

OrliNElijahsGrl
wow i really like this thread, this is a great thread!

Pippin- I am a whole lot like pippin, i get in trouble alot, nothing bad, but its always stupid reasons, especially at work with one of my managers who seems to pick on me all the time, so im ALWAYS in trouble or doing something wrong, and i like to dance and i like to touch everything i see, i cant sit still, i have to be doing something, and im slightly confused easily, and i forget things sort of like pippin does

Frodo- I see myself being like frodo, im relaxed, layed back, always admiring nature around me, i sit on the grass reading a book, or writing, or just maybe taking a nap, I write alot now, like stories and i go deep in thought, im very curious about things, and believe it or not, when i have my one ring with me, i act exactly as he does with it, cant take my eyes off of it and what not. And im also..very much like frodo when i come to new places, very curious and wondering, and at night, very scared as if something is following me

Gandalf- I love fireworks, they are amazing, fourth of july has to be one of my favorite holidays, i love getting tons of fireworks and setting them off, for the past couple years now, we let them off at the beach, which is amazing, so im like gandalf in that way

Merry: I LOVE APPLES! You will always find me eating an apple!!!

Legolas: I am alot like legolas, im very curious, wondering, i keep a sharp eye out and ear out for things, i find myself standing out on my back porch looking out into the stars, admiring everything around me, and if i hear one noise, i become curious and squint my eyes, and in a way im very quiet and shy as well, and i feel as if i sense things nearby, and i walk slow and gracefully now

Arwen: I am alot like arwen, believing all the time that their is hope for things, and never giving up, again...walk very slow and gracefully, seeing life as a beautiful thing

Tassie~Cyanide~
laughing out loud yes

cry I can't relate myself to anyone
oh grrr why must I be unique? stick out tongue

Nienna
You can. yes

Tassie~Cyanide~
Yingya, who do I remind ye of, then?

Nienna
Well I mean, you can't be *nothing*...do you think you're corruptive, angelic, beautiful, happy, pessimistic, suicidal, blah blah blah...I could fit names into all of those smile

Montross
Mekor Morgoth Bauglir!

StillPrettiest
I'm most like a cross between Merry & Legolas.
>i luv to sing, so does Leggy
>i'm a mischief-maker, like Merry
and many other things but i'm too tired to type.

StillPrettiest
I'm pretty too!!

Discos
Morgoth was a coward, left his throne barely......he was powerful but not "thee" powerulist Vala

Discos - even after what u have read

Bar-en-Danwedh
he only diminished in power cause he made so many other powerful characters...

Discos
Tulkas was stronger, if that is the sense you mean

LOTRLUVR
Pippin

1.I love my food,love love love to eat.

2.I would much rather be with my friends than doing something serious.

3.I'm curious....I'd be the one that'd do the Moria thing.

4.Err...not too clumsy...well ok...I guess I could count that time that I sprained my foot by tripping over it...And that time I broke my toe by sliding around on the wood floor and ran into a stair....oh and then the time I sprained my toe by falling down the stairs...ooh and that other time I sprained my toe (just recently actually) by running to get the phone and hitting my toe on one of those things that holds up the Sparkletts (or other brands) water bottles so that you can get water out of them....That was a lot longer than I expected it to be...

5.I LOVE mushrooms,lol....I've loved them ever since I was little.

6.I have my spacing out moments a lot...That including my stupid/confused moments and things...lol

7.I cause trouble,not like bad trouble...but stupid trouble...lol...I have my Merry...We're odd...Stupid trouble as in...err...well,it's hard to explain and I can't think of an example right now,so I hope you get it,lol.

In a way,I do have my more Merry-moments,but I am not the eager for battle type and I am more Pippin-ish...Always a Hobbit,lol...

err....I was trying to get to 10,but I can't think of anymore right now. Happy Dance

Discos
lol so ya like Pippin,

but what Pippin do you like, the Billy Boyd Pippin or the book Pippin

The book Pippin was a bit more......narf erm

wilsons gal
okay i have no idea who i am like in the film or book...........i am blond and i really do fight for what i believe in.........but!! yes there is always a but........im pure and a tad innocent so i think i could be an elf........

LOTRLUVR
I do have to say that I like movie Pippin better since book Pippin was a little harder to understand (you know what I mean,the book itself is a bit hard to understand at times,lol)

And plus,Billy Boyd plays Pippin,so....well.....It just makes him better,lol......

KidRock
Gandalf

I always arrive in time to help (helms deep) i can give good advice in bad situations (minas tirith)

Tassie~Cyanide~
I'm like Pippin, in that I can be really... "jinxed" at times, and I think I have a knack for trouble stick out tongue I love to eat alot, as well... ask Ying ((the chicken stick out tongue))

In real, I'm alot like Gandalf messed I usually have to take lead in school, alot.. Organising & scheduling.. though, I don't put as much faith into myself, as they do..

I love Eowyn! happy I don't know if I can compare myself to her, but she's an independant, courageous and determined woman. In some ways I'm like her confused I would go to almost any extent for my friends, because I love them all... a little too much, I think stick out tongue

I can relate myself to Eowyn because of a few more things.. smile

Vingilot
Same here cry

Tassie~Cyanide~
yeah, and some of those I won't say.. wink

Discos
wouldn't mind being Fingol, or for that matter Fingolfin - everybody remembered Fingolfin

Vingilot
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Vain, aren't we?

Tassie~Cyanide~
Check the S/N, ying ^^ laughing out loud

Vingilot
I know laughing out loud

But there was this diary I read of Legolas...(sick) and he said "Still the Prettiest!" and also, "Is Gimli staring at my butt?" What the f**k?

Anyway. Back on topic.

I'm still Finduilas. Someone go poke me in the heart. no expression

Tassie~Cyanide~
lol, yeah.. read the diaries laughing out loud

anyways, Ying, stop saying that no expression Soon enough, I might steal your current sig no expression

Vingilot
cry

MY SIG!! cry

no expression no expression no expression

big grin

Hey Exa says it all the time and gets away with it!! So does me. stick out tongue

*still says it*

no expression

Nazgul lord
sam, because of his loyalty to his freinds and gimli because of his stout hart. Happy Dance beer

LOTRLUVR
hehe the diaries on councilofelrond.com are funny,lol.

Vingilot
lol I'm not sure if I've read them there but...*goes to CoE because she has a membership there big grin*

xeous
Aragorn

In a very vague explination:

I was born to be something that I'm not ready to be yet...Almost though...Almost.

LOTRLUVR
*also trots off to CoE because she has a membership there*

rohanspear543
Morgoth because im always the first one to do things but I'm always overshadowed by some copycat like SAURON! What the f**k?

shadowy_blue
Jeez, Exa. I just saw your post, lol, after 9 months. I'm sorry. embarrasment

Just in case you're still interested though. smile

-- The Book of Lost Tales I, The Music of the Ainur

smile

ladygrim
hmmm i dont kno

Exabyte
Originally posted by shadowy_blue
Just in case you're still interested though. smile
eek!!
Thanks so much, Shad hug

happy *quickly copies text*

DCLXVI

AragonIsKing
Sam and a little bit of Baromir

Fëanor
Originally posted by DCLXVI
Maybe....Eru Iluvatar, Creator of All....

please...tell us how you really feel

about yourself that is stick out tongue

Mandos
Maglor and Fingolfin for me. Ana a little bit of Sam perhaps.

scurran
legolas-for i have big ears

xXLauriëXx
laughing out loud
.... but are they pointed? no expression

Son of Boromir
I kinda think im like Boromir I can take a lot Im strong but my weakness is power i luv it and i want it but like Boromir I have honor and will come to my senses. Happy Dance Happy Dance Go me

Aduruth
Captain Faramir, and King Theoden. Due to the fact that they're men would trust them, and would follow him to whatever end. Plus they think strategy over strength, Plus they are loyal to their "commanding officers and ally's."

masterkit
I think im like Pippin Im funny but I can still fight.

Murray
I kinda think think I'm like Gimli.

I'm loud
I like to compete with the supposedly "better" person
I can throw a punch, and that's not all i can do

Son of Boromir
I would say Boromir I LUV power and when i get hit it drives me
Or pipin i like to touch wut i shouldnt im funny and i like the song bout the green dragon and MasterKitFIsto reminds me of merry

masterkit
same here. we remind me of Merry and Pippin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.