Salem's Lot (Part 1 & 2)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OrliObsessor1
Well, the world premier of part 1 was last night, 2 is tonight. I swear thats is a really good movie, I cant wait to see the 2nd tonight. I wasnt really expecting it to be this good but i watched a few moments of it and got hooked. The fact that its a vampire movie kind of striked me as a surprise, it just doesnt seem that type of movie.
Did anyone else watch this?

Aini
never heard of it...but maybe it has an other name here...

OrliObsessor1
Hm..It came on TNT, it was a world premier but..maybe it is a diff name. Its excellent though

Evil Dead
It's a remake of the classic Stephen King movie adaptation..........completely unneccisary.

OrliObsessor1
Its based on Stephen King's book.

Evil Dead
yes.......but they already made the movie 25 years ago. No point to remake it. Pointless.........just as the Carrie remake was and the Shining remake they did a few years ago.

OrliObsessor1
Well I dont know anything about older books/movies i just watch the new stuff, and i liked this

Striel
I already like this one better than the original.

Aini
...I didn't know they made a Shining remake either... confused ...why?...

zombieman
Im reading Salems Lot at the moment, its my second attempt at getting through it. I always find that there is a lot of needless description in much of King's work, but hes still a genius non the less.

Evil Dead
ah yes........they remade it as a tv mini-series (The Shining). It starred none other than the ultra cool Anthony Michael Hall............

Aini
....aha,...hmm,...I don't think it ever came out here...

OrliObsessor1
I watched last nights 2nd part, i must admit it was better then the first part that i saw the night b4, I really didnt understand the last part of it though. It was awesome though.

Primitive Screwhead #1
It seems that whenever one of King's novels is turned into a two-plus day miniseries event, it completely destroys the original feel of the book more than a film version does (not that some of the film adaptations are that much better... Dreamcatcher, anyone?). As expected, the TNT version of 'Salems Lot was a complete disappointment... but nearly as horrid as the bastardization they did with that four day rendition of The Stand on TV. As that is probably the best King novel in my opinion, that one hurts the most. But this version of 'Salem definitely gives Tommyknockers a run for second worst attempt at a novel-to-miniseries adaptation.

OrliObsessor1
I didnt understand anything you just said but i still disagree. I guess its cause i hate reading, im a movie person and im closely interested in vampire movies.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Better explanation:

Stephen King novels + TV Miniseries = Crap.

OrliObsessor1
lol

Evil Dead
I like the Stand..............

Striel
The second part of the Salem's Lot miniseries annoyed me. I don't understand why they changed so much.

Primitive Screwhead #1
The miniseries?!? Really?!? I was just completely disappointed with several of the casting choices; they seemed out of character. Matt Frewer as the Trash Can Man could have had so much potential, but I just kept having flashbacks of Max Headroom.

And I'm sorry, but Molly Ringwald can't act her way out of a paper bag. To my recollection, she had only one good movie (Sixteen Candles) and was cast in another good movie that she really didn't carry herself (Breakfast Club). Furthermore, all of characters are pretty much the same. You think she could have played it better after all of those opportunities.

Jamey Farrell played Randall Flagg's charismatic bit alright, but he just didn't strike me as the terrifying demonic entity that was portrayed in the novel.

OrliObsessor1
Its coming on tonight on TNT, 8pm eastern time, if anyone who hasnt caught it wants to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.