why put us through that again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ladygrim
i just read in a magazine that they are going to remake the amitty ville shite,..... why it only happen once it was a bloody hoax and it was bloody crap as movie so why remake someything like that

<<Solo>>
It's true, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384806/ .

Vengeance
whats the movie about? and why did it suck so bad?

ladygrim
well i cant really question it personally but its pretty obvious when they make quadrupal mount of movies based on one nites events ...

Demonic
The movie is about a family that moves into a house that is inherently evil because of things that happened there in the past. It does strange things, and makes the family go crazy in an attempt to either drive them out of the house or force them to kill each other.

I personally didn't think it sucked that much. It's a classic. If you watch this movie, you'll find that many other haunted house movies either make discrete references to it or use similar ways to scare the victims. Worth seeing once, but not worth remaking.

Cinemaddiction
It's a mid 1970's "horror classic" (see "cool for the 70's, now laughable) about a haunted house, James Brolin, his bad hair, his worse acting, and his partiality to horrible looking flannel shirts.

If you're looking for a spooky fun horror movie in the realm of real estate, go rent "House".

Evil Dead
bah......The Amityville Horror is a great film. Who cares if it's not real........guess what, 99.999999999999% of films are fictional. If you want to see something real, go rent a documentary.

No need for a remake though. Impossible to top the first movie (or part 2 for that matter). If you can't do it better, why do it again at all?

ladygrim
well said

Cinemaddiction
The success of a movie is extremely subjective. Alot of people feel as if the older versions can't appeal to a wide audience, and figure that maybe an updated version would, i.e. Carrie (2003)

Horror movies are usually the first to get the treatment, since they are so dime a dozen. But hey, if the general consensus is that the remade version is flawed, it makes people appreciate the original all the more.

Vengeance
oh yea thats what the simpson teased in one of there holloween stories lol.but it does have a good story kinda and if they redo it just right it shouln't be to bad, kinda seems cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.