Any fans of the cure?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thecurerox
damn well I was gonna give you a link to check out the new cure video but I guess I can't yet, maybe later. Anyway they just came out with a new song called end of the world. I am so stoked!!!! If you grew up in the 80's then I'm sure you are aware of this amazing band! They have a cd coming out on june 29th so check it out

im not burlyman
nobody that grew up in the 80's say "stoked" laughing out loud

SeptemberRain
The Cure is one of the only bands i like that came from the 80's along with the Violent Femmes

VENOMfanFAN
ROBERT SMITH WAS AWESOME!!!

Arachnoidfreak
The Cure, along with Nine Inch Nails, is my favorite band.

big gay kirk
Went to see them... dressed in my Status Quo fan gear.... when the Cure played "Jumping Someone Elses Train," I think I was the only one there among the Robert Smith clones who got the irony.... In between days, and A Forest are the best singles they ever did, along with Charlotte Sometimes... based one one of my fave books when I was little.... as a joke we managed to get "Killing an Arab" played on local radio the day after the infamous Paris crash....

thecurerox
Are any of you going to the curiosa fest with the Cure.? Im hittin L.A. I also came across this site that has tons of recent info on the cure and even a cool contest. Also, u can check out the kick ass video there. hey stuff for free. Im not one to complain. go to thecure.umusic.com

kohl
i like the cure. especially the kiss me kiss me kiss me era.

thecurerox
I just found a cool site where you can get the news on the cure and of there happenings...ufanz.com/teams/thecure

Counting till next tue 29th for the album to finally come oout!

Corlindel
I do not dislike The Cure.

FlappingMangera
I like the cure. Disintegrated is one of the greatest albums, creators of south park thought so too

zombieman
Yeah the Cure are top, right up there with the Smiths as the best new wave band.

starshine
I love the song Love Cats!!! That's not the only band from the 80s that I like. Simple Minds, Depeche Mode, Heaven 17, Human League, Tears For Fears and New Order are also very good.

SeptemberRain
I have to get their new album. I cant wit till their tour comes to Michigan

TrAnCeDuO
who here thinks that 311 terribly butchered the cures "love song"?

Aini
I like the cure. I love "boys don't cry". I really like their new song
..when i was younger I had a big crush on Robert smith...

spanky420
the cure is an awsome band im trying 2 win tickets from 89x to go 2 the curiosa festival!!!2 days ago i was caller 3 and today i was caller 4 and u need 2 be caller one...im still tryin tho!!!

SeptemberRain
where do u live Spanky?

spanky420
Windsor...(i already answerd but i didnt wanna leave the question here unanswerd)

Fearnix
the cure Kick ***

Fearnix
Robert smith is now a hairy tub of lard but.....i still love him

P.S iam not gay smile

Kaleanae
I love 80s music stick out tongue
that's why I like the Cure

SeptemberRain
I ahte 80's music, but i love The Cure

Victor Von Doom
The Cure are awesome. The 80's probably produced the most garbage overall but there were some gems.

furryman
confused That's probably the most covered song I've ever heard. And yeah, they did.

Fearnix
who wrote there music??

thecurerox
Who has gotten curiosa tickets? Ive got mine and It's made my summer

SeptemberRain
i still have to get mine

SeptemberRain
I got my ticket

spanky420
why are the the's in red?

spanky420
nvm i think im seeing things

*Georgina_A*
Love, love, love The Cure!! They rock! I have a "The Cure" badge on my school bag happy lol.

SnakeEyes
I've been getting into them lately and I like them quite a bit. (I searched and could not find a thread on them... which was surprising).

I'm sure some people here listen to them, too, so go ahead and discuss here. Even if you don't like them, come and post.

Favorite songs?

Opinions?

smokin'

Alpha Centauri
I think they're an amazing band. They have some patchy albums, some albums that really aren't all that, but I don't think they've done anything bad.

My favourite album is Disintegration, because I continually find it to be one of the most atmospheric albums ever. The Head on the Door is excellent also. To add, I also really liked their most recent self-titled.

-AC

RedAlertv2
I have Disintegration and it is a good album.

Nevermind
I have a couple of their albums (Disintegration included) and I think they're great.

SnakeEyes
Favorite songs?

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Favorite songs? "Pictures of You" probably

vintageSW77
A FOREST

probably in my all time top ten singles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.