How does one become "more well known"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theez1
How does one become "more well known" so they can post links? Is it a post count or time frame? I can't find reference to it anywhere.

Thanks.

ABE LINCOLN
I think it's a post count, I'm not sure how many it is or even if it IS post count, because I didn't have to go through it when I first joined erm

Storm
15 or more posts it is.

cLoVi€
blink i didn't know about it.

yerssot
just don't post spam when you reach it now wink

theez1
I figured it would be 10 when I started, but tried to post something at 13 and it didn't work. I haven't tried since. Thanks for the info.

I'll try to resist. stick out tongue

yerssot
luckily they allow it in sigs

OrliObsessor1
Am i aloud to post a link to my site as long as it isnt the direct link, just like where u can click the word like "Pirates Hangout" and it directs you to it?

yerssot
from the RULES:

so... only if it's in your sig and not going to a forum

OrliObsessor1
okay.

theez1
I think "going to a forum" is the key.
I personally consider spamming to be people posting about a rival site, an off topic site or affiliate type pages, where the poster of the message gains from people clicking on the link. Everyone's definition may be different, so if administrators ever feel posts are beyond their definition, I'd respect that and not do it.

yerssot
well, to be frank, your definition of SPAM doesn't matter at all, it is specified here in the rules what is and what is not spam

Corlindel
You must go to the Naked Pics Thread and add your more embarassing pic.

I am sure you will be well know then no expression

OrliObsessor1
lol..thats odd, and wrong.

Locard
Ok, im not a complete newbie here, i've been registered here since a long time ago, but i've been a lurker most of the time
, now, for the first time, i wanted to colaborate in a respect thread with my scans, and this annoying messsage appeared.

"..once you are more well known"..WTF?

what does that mean? spent a couple of years here being "friends" with lots of people and sending PMs and spread love and hugs? *yawns* join FCs? This is too vague and annoying -_-

It'd be lot better if you specify: you cant post links unless you have 300 posts or something like that.

so.. what means "more well known?"

Lana
You need to make a certain number of posts. Something like 15 or 25 or some other really low number.

Barker
How does October 2006 translate into years of PMs?

Sock much?

Locard
oh, so it comes to make posts after all?
im glad to hear that, i was worried that i'd be forced to befriend and be approved by lots of ppl.

they should specify the number of posts required, though

Mišt
Originally posted by Locard
im glad to hear that, i was worried that i'd be forced to befriend and be approved by lots of ppl.

That'd be a good way of doing it crylaugh

BakaXero
Originally posted by Locard

so people will know they only need to make a few post before they can spam their hearts out?
I THINK NOT!!!

Darth Sparrow
why don't they have like a key thing, where it tells how much posts you need and what abilities you have and your member rank?

Barker
Because then you'd read it, and be all, oh, I only need this many. Spam post, spam post, etc.

Mišt
Barker
28506 posts.
Rank 5
Super strength, invisibility, can absorb sun and breath fire.

Darth Sparrow
but they don't even tell you what the ranks are. i've seen other boards that tell you...

Barker

Darth Sparrow
how come the members say junior member, and senior member then...explain that...the only power you have aquired through your ranks is stupiditiy, isn't it aganst the rules to cus...you should know that if you have 28506 posts.

Barker
You can change the Usertitle as soon as you're registered, I'm pretty sure.

I think Junior/Senior Member is there to make nubs ask about it. I can cuss all I want. I just can't say ****, *****, ****, etc.

Too bad I don't swear too often. 31

Storm
Originally posted by Darth Sparrow
how come the members say junior member, and senior member then...explain that...the only power you have aquired through your ranks is stupiditiy, isn't it aganst the rules to cus...you should know that if you have 28506 posts.
Because it is the standard Custom User Text until members specify the text they want to display.

§P0oONY
Plus the default ranks are stupid anyway, it makes people whp have 100 posts feel all superior because KMC tells them they're senior members.

KKMGirl
OK, now I know. Thanks

Bloigen
If you release a sex tape, you get pretty well known.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.