LOTR Movie Mistakes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Andres

Lord_Andres
oh ya that one above is from the Two Towers
But look at this one from Return Of The King

Lord_Andres
Return Of The King

Pyrofly
lol i never noticed that

ABE LINCOLN
Weird messed

I am a Sock
At the Battle of the Black Gate, I heard that it's not possible for someone to see barad-dur from there. Can anyone confirm this?

Discos
I can confirm this, Barad-dur was 100 miles from the black gate and also it was nearer the East.

I also noticed the whole mount doom distance from Barad-dur, I think I posted it. It is just because at the end of TTT we see Baradur with mount doom (also has a nazgul flying over it)

Arroch

Discos
spoken like a true expert "Archy" shifty

I am a Sock
Here's another error. In RotK, when Legolas is explaining the history of the Dead Army, he mentions that it was the last king of Gondor who cursed them. Isildur was not the last king of Gondor; he was the second.

Shadowy_Exa
stick out tongue
heres another

In the book frodo doesnt leave sam
in the book frodos naked in ungol
in the book sam and frodo face shelob
in the book they never go to osgiliath
in the book a troll lands on pipin outside the black gate
in the book thedoen is killed by his horse landing on him after being killed by a dart, in the film its just---an attack
In the book saruman dies
in the book the palantir is thrown not found in water.
in the book isengard is described a a perfectly smooth surfaced building, no ent could get a grip of, in the film it has all sorts of sticky out bits...

Discos
ah great points chris my man,

some of these points could be sort of cleared,
"you can't go trecking through Mordor in not but you're skin" says Sam to Frodo in Ungol......doubt they would let Eilijah be naked laughing

The Horses don't leave Aragorn,Legolas & Gimli at the Demolt, they infact have to use them again for a 200 odd mile hike through the mountain

also in the book Rider of Rohan must pass through a mountain

I think the horses were too scared to even go near a Mamikul at Pelennor.

There are so much things changed.

another obvious one was how the hobbits encountered their swords, I mean why would a Ranger be carrying exactly 4 hobbit sized swords erm

Discos - very much wanted to see Bambadil weep

OrliNElijahsGrl
Oooo these are all very fascinating, i was wondering about the sword thing, maybe aragorn knew he was gonna meet up with the hobbits, LOL!

And im sure they wouldnt let elijah be fully naked in the film, although he is half naked, with no shirt, but he has pants on (damnit)

AND ive noticed in fellowship when aragorn and arwen are talking on the bridge with one another, and there is a far away shot of them, after aragorn says "i fell into a dream" or something like that, keep an eye out on arwen, you see her mouth moving when its not even her speaking part, maybe she was helping viggo out on some elvish by mouthing it to him, but its really hard to catch, you have to look hard

AND for the love, i still cant find it, on the cast commentry of fellowship, you hear elijah mention seeing him move back into frame right after they all wake up in the prancing pony after hearing the nazgul scream, i have rewinded and rewinded that part and i cant seem to see it, he says its quick, and ive tried to see it, and i cant see it, AND the boo boo with the horse magically coming out in the middle of the tree in fellowship, i dont see that either, lol

I am a Sock

Shadowy_Exa
In the 'sauron defeated' book of the HoME series

It mentions sauron going to war as mordor was completely empty

chris tolk says it cant be true that sauron actually left barud dur

i choose to believe otherwise

Discos
AE, confused do you copy that from a source as I have read on this forum the exact statements you made

also, HAHAHA I was right, why did no one believe me when I said thatSauron took physical form......I was proving that dick weed guy who thought he knew everything

Elessea
yesh, and Shelob stabbed Frodo differently in the book. I the shoulder, not teh stomach... *remembers long argument she had with Discos about htis matter embarrasment*

Discos
I dont think iot was you Elessea

Elessea
Yesh..back when i was Pip-foot yes and you were right sad

Discos
oh right, why do people question my knowledge? I aint no Exa or shadowy but I do know a shit lot about if he was in physical form yes

I am a Sock
yeah, I typed all of that in that kind of wording. who do you think I am? S_B? I could NEVER write such a long post. I copied it from the Encyclopedia of Arda, from the Movie Guide

Discos
oh right good stuff,

I have read the movie go-ers guide bit myself, quite attenetive isnt it smile

I think Lord Andres was putting across movie mistakes in general, not to differ stuff from the book.

rumour had it there was a bus in the shire when it was in the cinema (Fellowship of The Ring)

Discos - but lets not start with bloody nitpicks stick out tongue

deathbysterio
donatello OK. in da return of the king in da battle of middle earth wen gandalf is talkin 2 pip bout how it doesnt end here! gandalfs,sword is full of blood wen da camera goes 2 pip and then bak 2 gandalf theres no blood and then da camera moves away then goes again its full of blood!!! donatello

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.