Brother Ali

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

misha
hey hokey horror i head a song of his.....Forest WHitiker...i think its called??
love it's wikid!!!

HockeyHorror
yea its a great song. Brother Ali could be the greatest underground rapper at this point.

misha
yes i love him.....eek! is he hot?? i shall search 4 a piccie!!!
eek! he's white......*cough* ...... sad aw

ElectricBugaloo
yeah...white people suck

HockeyHorror
ummmm he's black but he's white misha.

Albino. and he's 250 pounds.

search these songs:
Star Quality
Win Some Lose Some
Missing Teeth featuring Slug
Soul Whisper
Dorian

Darth Revan
Misha, who cares what race he is... He's a damn good rapper. The funny thing about music is, black people are entirely accepted in the rock world, but when white people get famous in the hip hop world, they're "posers" or something... Tom Morello is an awesome black guitarist, Brother Ali is an awesome white rapper. (sort of..)

HockeyHorror
Misha i think u would also like the group Atmosphere.

Slug is the main mc in the group. he's half black, half white (if u really care about skin color smile )

and yea he's just as good as brother ali

"look" for these songs

Sound Is Vibration
Scapegoat

and basically all there songs are pretty good.

HockeyHorror
he's not black or white. he's black, but he's white. lol so i dont know what he is. but he's albino. i think both his parents were black and he was white albino. and i think he's Muslim.

Darth Revan
I know he's black but albino... It just bothers me when people say (or imply) that all good rappers have to be black...

misha
roll eyes (sarcastic) i was KIDDING guys!!!! i dont mind white rappers......i meant like....ok 4 all those who dont know, i LOVE black ppl! i go 4 black guys (tho i still date white guys) coz i think theyre so hot! an if u look at all my pics of fav artists, ull c theyre all black....but since theyre on my comp an u cant acess that ..... hopefully...... just take a look @ my sig! im not like ARGH hes wite, ima not listenin 2 him...coz IM white incase u didnt know!!!

but thanx hokey babe, ill chek them out!!!

ElectricBugaloo
there aren't really all that many black people in rock. I mean, there's Jimi Hendrix, the guy from Sevendust, then the saxophone player for bruce Springsteen

Darth Revan
and Tom Morello

ElectricBugaloo
yeah, but you already mentioned him

m!$hA
dont really like rock....at all!

m!$hA
hey hokey....i heard anotha of brother ali's songs...it's called blah blah blah.....i dont really like it sad

HockeyHorror
blah blah blah is nice. its feat Slug. they both kinda sound alike.

Deathblow
Slug is awesome. His freestyles on Sage Francis' album were pretty good.

HockeyHorror
here's the wake up show freestyle with Slug and Eyedea.

part 1 http://tiger.towson.edu/users/vpirpi1/eyedea_&_slug_freestyle_@_wake_up_Show_part_1.wmv

part 2
http://tiger.towson.edu/users/vpirpi1/eyedea_&_slug_freestyle_@_wake_up_Show_part_2.wmv

m!$hA
if ya sittin down, time to get up, ur sippin on some, drink it up!
hit the floor, rock ur body!

HockeyHorror
smile
laughing out loud

m!$hA
laughing u always laugh at me hokey....i hope its a good thing!

Mighty Yoda
Who the hell is brother ali

HockeyHorror
one of the greatest rappers alive^

and misha its a good thing smile

m!$hA
happy yay!

Darth Revan
stupid Windows Media Player... sad

m!$hA
y???

Darth Revan
I don't have it so I can't watch the links Hockey posted

m!$hA
oh sad

HockeyHorror
i got good news and bad news

DR cant was the the freestyles sad

the good news, i just saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geicko smile

m!$hA
oh....thats handy stick out tongue

HockeyHorror
laughing out loud

m!$hA
there u go gain, laughing @ me.....oh how i love the attention! *lays back on couch*

HockeyHorror
ok laughing out loud

MF D00m
I got Hockey listening to Brother Ali. Told you he's dope big grin

and he's not an african american.

HockeyHorror
big grin

m!$hA
did u really?? well he got me listenin to him happy and now that ive listend to that blah blah blah song more, i love it now yes love

HockeyHorror
yes

MF D00m
Yea, I told Hockey about most of the artists he talks about (along with John Smith and metalface, who post at another board now) aside from Ras Kass and Chino XL. Hockey knows a little, but he still has a lot to learn underground wise. There's a lot of artists he still has to check out, as well as the people here. There's a lot of really good hip-hop artists out there. You just have to look. Brother Ali is definatly one of them.

So if you have any questions about the underground, feel free to ask. If you wanna judge by hip-hop knowledge, then i'm the KMC king big grin

m!$hA
laughing ok then mf, what r some good bands in ur opinion that u think i should check out (take into consideration that i like ...what do u call it??...o yeah, mainstream stuff too!!!!)

MF D00m
Atmosphere - "Devemolerado", "Lift Her Pull Her", "Trying To Find A Balance", "Modern Man's Hustle", "Between The Lines", "Mama Had A Baby and His Head Popped Off", & "Multiples"

Blackalicious - "Make You Feel That Way", "Swan Lake", "As The World Turns", "Smithzonian Institute of Rhyme", & "Sleep"

Common Sense (or just Common, he has great songs under both names) - "The Sungod", "Tekzilla", "Invocation", "The Light", & "Nag Champa"

Quasimoto - "Basic Instinct", "Astro Black", "Green Power", "Real Eyes", & "The Unseen"

Aesop Rock - "No Regrets", "Daylight", & "9-5ers"

J-Live - "Like This Anna" & "All In Together Now"

Those are a few artists and songs to check out. I put the songs in order of which to hear first. Hope you enjoy. big grin

m!$hA
ill take a look just 4 you stick out tongue

HockeyHorror
for Atmosphere also try these tracks:

Sound is Vibration
Scapegoat

m!$hA
ok yes

HockeyHorror
yes

m!$hA
no

HockeyHorror
no

u didn't like?

MF D00m
D/L the Atmosphere tracks I listed (at least the first few). You'll like those alot better than you would the ones Hockey mentioned. Not that he didn't mention good songs, but those songs are more for hip-hop heads. The ones I mentioned, anybody could listen to and most likely enjoy.

MF D00m
Definatly D/l "Sungod" By Common.

m!$hA
i didnt like what???
i was just noing coz u yes'd so i no'd!!!

HockeyHorror
laughing laughing out loud

m!$hA
stick out tongue

promoking
neither white nor black...but Ali says it best:

..."We're unaware of his racial make-up
we know he's an albino but can't science the face up!"
Never question what I am
G-O-D knows if you don't, you can never understand
so you need only know that I'm unrelenting
Nothing breaking, never ending, seldom bending
Cast shadows like light descending...

-Brother Ali

HockeyHorror
good to see another underground fan^ yes

welcome to kmc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.