Comics on TV

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Yassin
Yes...i was wondering how many comic shows existed on the Television.....like Spiderman,X-men

(Only the shows of the 90's!!!! like the X-men,not the bullshit of the "new X-men"...like the movie (cuz that sux) )

This is what i've seen:

-X-men
-Spiderman
-Fantastic Four
-Batman
-Iron Man
-The Hulk
...that's all i think...

So what about Daredevil,the adventures of Elektra with Kirigi,and others ..?????

Bojangles
Silver Surfer had a tv show in the early 90's

Im pretty sure Daredevil did too

Yassin
Yeah i remember Silver Surfer..didn't like that,but i'm going to see if i can download Dare Devil...smile

punkyhermy
i want BTAS back... sad

Bojangles
my favorite show in the 90's was Batman on Cartoon Network...i used to faithfully watch it at 6:00 on the weekdays for 6 1/2 years...until they replaced it with that god-awful Batman Beyond...*ptooi* i spit on that miffed

thats where i learned most of my Batsy knowledge....never read the comics just watched the tv show...i miss it very very much sad

Bojangles
they also had the justice friends (the hanna-barbera version of justice league) it had Batman, Robin, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and The Wonder Twins....i think that was it...i liked that show too...but Batman was still better

Yassin
Hehe i know what you mean.....comic shows of today SUX. Like the X-men,...the one in the 90's was AMAZING. The x-men of today (dunno the name...) has some elements that just don't FIT. Like Wolverine,i love his voice....but in the new one it's remplaced...

Maelstrom
na cartoons are more interactive today, they really rock for the kids. As developers you always have to remember who your real audience is. I wish i had as good a show as they do. Superfriends of the 70 and spiderman and his amazing friends of the 80s. Once the x-men came on and wolvie had a canadian accent, that was cool. What i really enjoyed was the early superhero cartoons from the 60s they would show in the seventies. Thor, Namor, Hulk, Ironman and more. It was all early art and hero power centered.

Magee
I didnt care much for the old xmen, crap anmation, crap writting and basicaly crap all round, I dont mind x men evoloution, good animation, the storylines are better than the ones of the 90's xmen even though evo's are not entirely correct still it doesnt have to be and when they use their powers it doent sound crappy like. In other words the xmen of the 90's had craptacular sfx.

I liked and still do the spiderman cartoon, it was great and i loved everything about it. Batman was great aswell. And silver surfer sucked but Thanos was in a few eps so i loved that lol. The rest are ok never cared much for them, Oh and i also loved fantastic 4

Raventheonly
Batman rocked ... animation and the stories rocked....
Justice league of today is pretty good to story wise.
TT are very kiddish .... i got a brother and sister that watch them all and i try to get them to watch the old batman episodes but they say its boring.... i'm confused .....

Bojangles
i do love Xmen Evolution...but i grew up on the original...thats what introduced me to the comics

there was also a Spawn animated series in the late 90's...never watched it though

Beyonder
Jim Lee's Wildcats were on CBS on Saturdays.

Daywalker
You mean Super Friends right? This is the Justice Friends
http://fridays.toonzone.net/dexter-justice.html

Daywalker
I love all the old Batman cartoons. I have some really old ones on tape and DVD but this isn't the thread for it. From BTAS and up, Batman was an incredible show. My daughter loves Teen Titans but she also loves all the BTAS and Justice league. I can see kids enjoying the anime humor in TT and truthfully, i like it too. I have all of TT recorded on tape.

Bojangles
yes yes yes!!! thats what i meant!! Super Friends!!! I feel stupid stick out tongue

Magee
Yea tbh i love the new Justice League cartoon around just now, i think its great, new eps coming on tonnami 5th July lol.

punkyhermy
yes i LOVE JL!!!!!!!!!I watch it only for dear batsy though....hehehahhah!!!
but i am anxiously waiting the new season Justice League Unlimited

manjaro
Dont forget about the Avengers! that was more ill than all of them because they started it right after the new superman/batman adventures was discontinued. right theWB was in the 2nd Season of that infernal Batman Beyond. this would place it at about late '98-early '99. Unfortunately though they only released one season of it, and it got cancelled by fox midway through the development of the 2nd, so it was never aired. I remember i was sooo looking forward to it becuase they left it at a major cliff hanger.

manjaro
you know what though? if youre lucky enough to find an import store in your area, you just might(key word might) be able to find all those old cartoons on VHS and DVD becuase just about every animated show that airs in the US were made in japan or Korea, as its way cheaper to produce there. Sometimes, they test the shows on the audience over there. (Skip ahead, skip ahead) long story short, after its old to them, they release them on video and DVD, and they end up over here in hole in the wall comic shops and import stores(subtitled of course), along with all sorts of goodies like red, yellow, and blue playstations(or any other color for that matter)that can only play games that were released in japan. Also, if you are fortunate enough to find one of these stores with these items its better to get VHS becuase DVD's from The Eastern world have regional coding, and they will not work on your player.

Arachnoidfreak
Personally, i think Xmen Evolutions sucks, and that the 90s Xmen cartoon was way better.

manjaro
i agree. this is knd of off topic but i remember a really old episdoe of spiderman and his amazing frineds where the xmen guess starred. it was funny as hell becuase juggernaut had attacked the mansion and spidy and his buddies came to help anyway, Wovlie had an Australian accent. and i think he was smoking a cigarette at the end too(or maybe im confusing that with a comic?) either way it rocked

Daywalker
I barely remember the Avengers cartoon but now that i've been reminded of it, I didn't like it. Cool action figures though

Daywalker
It was called "A firestar is born" I have it on tape. It was funny how Juggernaut thew Wolvie like a dart into the wall and his claws got stuck.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.