the joker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amlap
i think that if anything the batman franchise should def look to make a JOKER movie. they should really focus on the life of the joker rather than him as a villian to batman. if any of you are familiar with the comic BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE you would know that the joker was not always a crazy son of a *****. instead of making him the villian make him the anti-hero. look into his life all the way up to when he first meets batman heah to head.

the only problem would be who to cast as him?
and who would direct?

Orlando Bloom03
???? No clue!!!.. But I like the idea!!!!

Gregory
The was a Joker comic, and I think it did poorly. I'm not sure why a movie would be expected to do any better.

Besides, the Joker is basically a one-dimensional character. I'm not sure how interesting a movie about him would be.

amlap
not interesting...

first off i am not aware of the comic book, but then again i dont really read DC.

Joke is not a one-dimensional character... he is by far one of the most famous comics villians known to all. i think jack Nicolas proformance in the first Batman movie maybe the proof of that. and if you read the comic that i mentioned in my first post you would see a very interesting person. infact the comic alone is a great place to start for a screenplay and script. you see in the comic that the joker was once a comedian struggling to support his wife and soon to be child. the joker gets mixed up with a gang in search for cash... then like the the story is told in the the first batman he falls in a toxic bath and comes out all ****ed up.

the greatest thing bout this idea is that you really dont have to relate this movie with batman. this movie could be a struggle of the average working class male, who gets into some deep shit and gets ****ed up by some toxicians. after his transformation he realizes how shitty life is and how horrilbe reality is so he decides that i life of crime is the ultimate illusion for himself.

another fact bout the joker is that hes a sick motha! he is harsh and will KILL! i def see a horror pshyco thriller for this movie. it can be put together... thats if the rights are avalible?

Gregory
Yes, not interesting. At least, not as you're proposing to use him.

The Joker can be interesting, I think, but the part that I find interesting is the part you are proposing to eliminate: Joker's relationship with Batman. It may be more complex then any hero-villian relationship. It often seems to me that the Joker defines himself in terms of the Batman. In The Dark Knight Returns, it is the news of Batman's return that makes the Joker go active. In No Man's Land, it is clear that the Joker is desperately courting Batman's attention. And in The Joker's Apprentice, Joker declares that only Batman and Joker exist; everything else is just there to pass the time between their meetings (he also declairs that only the night loves Batman more than the Joker). My point, I guess, is that with the Batman, you have an interesting (and probably totally unique) hero-villian relationship. With the Joker by himself, you have ... well, you have a murderous clown. Prime slasher material, but interesting? Not in my book.

Incidently, I've read The Killing Joke. The Joker admits that he doesn't really remember what caused him to go insane; what he presents is only one version.

ash007
indeed

punkyhermy
yeah....
pretty good idea

shaber
They both resemble vampires vampire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.