how has anime affected other media

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bardock
do you think anime has affected other types of entertainment such as movies and tv.

Gregory
It's affected some American comics (artistically), and a lot of video games show a stong anime influence.

BlackHatDefect
yeh i agree.Now things like Totally Spies/Teen Titans are picking up on the anime way.Im starting to see more anime in libraries(mine has almost all of Clamps work)and at Blockbuster.Besides that i really don't think so

crazy_c
ack i want manga in my library! They're so expensive. sad

WindDancer
That's the downside of Manga. Certain books are too expensive, and is hard to follow a series. sad

I think movies like The Matrix and Mission Impossible were inspired by the early anime movies. Video Games also have shown similarities in characters from anime.

Cat Girl Sheryu
*agrees with all of u*

'Vegeta'
Yeah I agree with Cat Girl Sheryu

Gregory
It would be nice if manga was cheaper, but the prices aren't outrageous (at least not in the USA). In fact, manga is offen cheaper than compilations of American comics; the former goes as low as $10.00, while the latter hovers around $13.00. Heck, it's not uncommon to find novels that cost more than manga; my copies of The Zap Gun and Dr. No cost $12.00 and $13.00, respectively, whereas my Fushigi Yugi collection cost $9.95 per book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.