Anime Advise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DS25
Hi

I've started to watch Anime, Ghost in the Shell and Akira mainly, and was wondering if anyone could advise some that i could get, as i have to buy them cos they arent easy to get here,

any suggestions would be great
thanks

smile

SpikeSpiegel
Cowboy Bebop the movie

Gemini no Saga
Ninja Scroll , Vampire hunter D(and "Blood lust"wink , Blood , Iria , Jin Roh , Cobra(old...but good^^)...

BlackHatDefect
your a boy right???ok i will suggest
Saiyuki-a really good fantasy like anime.Its got everything though,i definatly reccomend

Neon Genesis Evangelion-OHH this ones classic.The god of mecha anime!Its so deep...AHHHH..SO BEAUTIFUL...er....ohh yeh,icant say alot about the boys,but the girls are all HOT!

Comic Party-This is a comedy about manga writers,its one of the only comady anime i really like.

Hellsing-Kinda Blade meets Resident Evilvery cool

These arn't exactly all my faves,but its harder to reccomend stuff to guys>_<

crazy_c
If you have digital or satelite they show some okay anime on toonami and sci fi channel.

WindDancer
Some very good suggestions have already been mention. I will add the following...

Sin
Spriggan
Robotech
Trigun

Gregory
Princess Mononoke. Maybe Perfect Blue if you think you'd enjoy weird psychological thrillers (I mean, it's very good, but it's also sort of weird, so I can't recomend it unconditionally).

Cat Girl Sheryu
don't forget to add x lol

DS25
i'm a girl BlackHatDefect, i'll still find the titles you suggest as i'm not as squimish as some girls bout that stuff.

crazy c thats another reason i need satalite or digital!

all the suggestions sound great, i'll get ordering! smile

BlackHatDefect
OHH IM SORRY SOOO9O SOOOO SORRY SHIT SHIT BLAAAAA!!!
But the things you saw were usually guy things....i feal like an idiot>_<

WindDancer
I thought that DS25 was a guy!!! Gosh, I feel kinda silly. Anyways I hope you expand your anime collection. big grin

DS25
no probs cool
the name does leave much to the imagination,shifty

i kinda prefer action type but i remember that i saw spirited away and i loved that too
I shall get buyin!

Reborn Again
Gundam Wing
Ranma 1/2
The Guyver
Jih-Ron
Shadow Skill
Ecsaflowne

...And that's just for starters.

Reborn Again
Oh, and which version of Akira are you watching? The newly dubbed version or the originally dubbed version? 'cause the originally dubbed version has better voice overs.

DS25
I think its the original version, i got a double disk sepcial edition thingy, but the remastered one didnt work, so i think i have been watchin the original

crazy_c
FLCL is really crazy if your looking for an anime with wackiness and stuff.

Cat Girl Sheryu
yup

big gay kirk
Perfect Blue and Evangelion definitely... and try Blue Gender... its a love story set against a backdrop of giant insects and mecha.... Patlabor is worth watching, as is Blood: the last Vampire.... if you can actually find Destry, thats well worth the search.... but it might take you years!! Also Roujin Z (about a hospital bed that decides to take an old man to the beach!!) and, for something gentler, I'd recommene Wings of Honneamise.... for a good thriller try Black Jack....

el barto
TRiGuN

CoWbOy beBoP

Rurouni Kenshin

Gundam Wing

Hellsing

Samurai X- Trust & Betrayal

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Princess Mononoke

Ah! My Godess

Reborn Again
The re-released version did come with a second disc. If you are watching the original version, you might recognize the voice actor who voiced Kaneda. The same person who voiced Raphel in the original 1980's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did the voice for Kaneda. In the re-released version, they changed the voices and the voice actor who voices Tetsu is the same actor who voiced Tai in the first series of Digimon. I don't know who voices Kaneda in the re-released version. FYI.

DS25
yup i've been watching the original, i knew i recognised Kaneda's voice from somewhere thanks! cool

I really better start making a long list that i'm gonna buy! well santas comin soon i think.....if not does anyone know where i can find some elves, i have the rope and kidnapper paper! shifty

Reborn Again
I'm an elf. I have some anime for sale.

DS25
Ah yes the elf with VHS for sale, sorry i couldnt help you out!
me and my damn technology!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.