sig contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hegemon875
I was just wondering when we are going to be holding the next sig making contest.

FRO§T
but u will win, every one loves urs

FRO§T
here are mine, but dont use the link in the first post, coz the sigs are in that thread

Hegemon875
I wouldn't say that, there have been three in the past and I've never won, of course I only participated in one. And there are very talented sig makers here who are currently not making sigs, so trust me there is a lot of competition out there.

FRO§T
who won all the others

Hegemon875
look it up in the general disc. forum

Linkalicious
there hasn't been a contest in a while, i think it'd be interesting to see what other people can do...and i'd like to test myself against the best....even if i get handed my own butt.

Godshinto
I won one there are alot of differen sig makers that would like to join this was my last entry.

Godshinto
I would like to see another contest I would participate.

Flying Orange
I think I make relatively good sigs stick out tongue

TOH
Is it time for another one? confused

Godshinto
I refuse to make or post another sig here as should all of you till they change my Gallery back to the way it was. They changed the title of the thread they desecrated it they should put it back the way it was. So I'm Boycotting any sigs till that is Changed. So if I could ever call any favors in Please Boycott With me until they Change it back to the way it was.

TOH
Just ask lil to change it back.. (she is moderating the Artwork forum now).

BadKitty
she is a very good mod I'm sure it was merged with the best intentions of the art forum. I think you are over reacting godshinto.

Hegemon875
I'm with Godshinto, I hate all this merging when it comes to sigs. We can only have ONE request thread and only ONE gallery.

Linkalicious
I retract my previous statement. I am in complete agreement with GodShinto. I'm not joining a contest, making, or posting another signature because of what went on in the art forum....especially after it was closed when we tried to discuss our concerns.

Sig makers spend a lot of their free time doing this community a service by creating sigs for other members. I don't think they are getting any respect....let alone the respect that they rightly deserve.

Dexx
i cannot help but be amused when it comes to this sig making industry stick out tongue..and to the ego-s that the leaders of it have stick out tongue ... boycott my ass stick out tongue

anyway..i would be tempted to enter a sig making contest.

Linkalicious
i don't think it's so much "ego" as it is we feel disrespected. I really wouldn't expect you to understand because I haven't seen you make any sigs for someone other than yourself.

Storm
The thread would not have been closed in the first place if said person would have put as much effort in his communicating skills as in his signatures. This is the second incident already.

silent_kisses
Ffs it's a sig gallery, I'm sorry, but you're acting very childish, I mean really, personally I think there are more than enough sig makers to fill your spot roll eyes (sarcastic)

Same goes to you Link, you guys want respect for your "art" then maybe you should show respect to the mod who mods said forum.

I'm pretty sure you had no part in it Link, but really boycotting a sig contest no expression
Who does that hurt other than you if you really wanna win roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dexx
pfft...then i would also expect you not to talk without knowing

Storm
Fire his sig was made by Dexx smile

Linkalicious
bleh did I type that?!?!

I meant you didn't have a Sig Gallery Thread. But regardless, i'll hold my tongue.

Dexx
not only fire..i sude to make sigs. fire's the only one that wrote i made it....regardless of me asking him not to stick out tongue

but i'm..retired. smile

Linkalicious
retired?

isn't THAT a bit egotistical? or did they hang your jersey up in the rafters?

Trinity_Matrix
I've sort of taken a vacation from making signatures for other people...that's what happens when you don't have a working computer for ages. But if there's another contest, I'd definitely participate...I participated in the last one, and even though I didn't win it still was really cool.

yerssot
oh FFS, you all are like boys with toys!

look, if there will be a new sig contest, you two made your point, you won't participate, fine, now move on!
you gave your point, now stop it

Linkalicious
i wouldn't even bother being back in this thread if the thread in the artwork forum was closed. I'd love to be in the contest, but the only reason I even make stupid ass signatures is because I enjoy sharing them with other people. That joy has been stripped from me, so i'm going to be a little pain in the ass kid instead of a grown up.

yerssot
but in whose ass you sexah thing wink

Dexx
well..retired is the metaphorical way of putting it. i don't have the time to make sigs anymore. especially since all the noobs that hang on the boards for an hour or a day came asking for them. i liked making them for regulars. nowadays i only talk with the old regulars. which have sigs...

and i wouldn't even thing about a gallery thread...for that would actually mean to continually make sigs like a machine...bleah!.... they turn out bad when you don't do them only when you have the feeling to...

Linkalicious
damnit Yers stop making me laugh...can't you see i'm trying to throw a fit here! miffed

yerssot
I know where you can fit in, rawr wink

Linkalicious
i certainly you're talking about a sister of yours.....or perhaps female relative.

yerssot
errrrr...yeah... sure... of course... my .... sister shifty

Storm
laughing

Linkalicious
mom says the best way to make strangers leave you alone is to just ignore them.

*covers ears*

Lalalalalalalala!

yerssot
damnit, shot down in midflight again sad

shellie
laughing

Linkalicious
Next time...stay on the run way!

yerssot
but Liiii-iiink sad

Linkalicious
damnit where's Tex when you need a pinch hitter? What the f**k?

yerssot
he's having fun with BF, that cheater sad

Ushgarak
Blimey! I didn't realise this whole business had become so cut-throat!

It COULD be done, of course, but not if it is going to cause riots.

Hegemon875
But riots are the best partbash

Linkalicious
Ush you trouble maker....why you always bumping the issue! stick out tongue

Ushgarak
I was PMed with a request to make comment, in fact.

BadKitty
your a regular celebrity around here ush smile

any how I'm not a regular sig maker but I will be the contest when/if you have one just for the fun of it!

Ushgarak
First question is where to have it, I guess. We used to hold them in the GDF but we do have the artwork forum now.

Dexx
art forum it is..

FRO§T
but why would lil bitchiness destroy the sig gallery, its just plain evil, she wasnt doing a good job, in my opinion

Linkalicious
well my sigs aren't good enough for the art forum...nor is anyone elses, so perhaps it should be held in GDF....they sure aren't wanted in the Art Forum...

FRO§T
thats a good idea

BadKitty
the art forum is more appropriate than the GDF I think

FRO§T
but the mod, of the art forum, said any sig galaries in the art forum will be closed, straight away

Hegemon875
I think it should be made a sticky in the GDF so that more people can get a chance to hear about it, since the GDF does get a lot more traffic than the art forum.

FRO§T
and a new host for the artwork forum, i think

Dexx
what the heck are ye talking about What the f**k?

since when do you elevate the art forum over what the siga makers can do. WHERE ELSE, if not in there?
anything realated to this kind of activity fits in there whether you like it or not. regardless if they're wanted or not (what's that supposed to mean anyway)

but a sticky in the gdf would do well for spreading the news, yeah

Hegemon875
and that is how it has been held in the past

Linkalicious
roll eyes (sarcastic)

sometimes, it's best to make comments when you've been previed to what's been going on. but then again....sometimes not...

yerssot
that's it! I'm tring to seduce Link and it's really not working if you guys keep talking about a sig contest! mad

Darth Revan
She didn't "destroy" the sig gallery. You can still go in there and get your signatures if you want them that badly. And personally I don't really care too much how much of my work is online, because I have all of it on my computer. It's not "evil". It was a reasonable thing to do. Though I do agree that it was a bad idea to merge all the sig threads, something had to be done about it because there were so damn many of them. It was perfectly reasonable for her to close that thread, just because of the way everybody was acting...

The sig contests have always been done in the GDF in the past. Now this has gone on a little too long, I think it's time to close this thread before it results in more bashing.

Closing-closed.

dammit it didn't work

Linkalicious
cool it sweet cheeks! your time will come if you're patient enough to wait for reincarnation...

DR> There were ummmm..... 4 sig gallery threads. 2 of them were the 2 biggest threads in the whole art forum. Granted mine was only like 80 posts, but it was relatively new. Obviously i didn't like the merging, and from what i can tell, no one else did too. But then to close the thread all together because we wanted to discuss it in public...so everyone could read...instead of PM was pretty bad. YES Shinto was a little out of line, but it was his thread that everything got merged into, so I expect nothing less from him...especially after being told that my work sucks...by him.

yerssot
you have no idea what you're missing now cool

Linkalicious
Ladies diva
Not the dudes! horse

yerssot
you wait mister, you can't stay sober for the rest of your life

Linkalicious
No...and infact I'm getting drunk tonight.

Thank god for the several thousand mile barrier between us....THANK YOU GOD!

yerssot
the things those frequent flyer miles are good for *takes napkin for drooling*

Linkalicious
Sorry i gotta drop outta the tournament, recent...."events"....in this thread have prompted me to live the rest of my life under a rock...like Osama. big grin

yerssot
you can run, you'll just get smacked on your ass tired

Dexx
if you would kindly remove the stick from your ass...i'm sure we'd have a lovely conversation.

point is. no matter what has happened, a sig is a piece of art (most of them wink ) and it belongs in the approapriate forum, namely the art forum. regardless of the past. whether i am aware of it or not.

yerssot
don't make me throw my hands in the air and sigh, Dexx!

WindDancer
Nice try but this is DOOM to fail.

Linkalicious
Dexx, after how Yers has been talking to me....i most certainly hope it's a stick in my ass.

I'm not trying to be uptight by any means. She thought she'd be tough girl by proving her point...so she proved her point. Now that ummm....1000+ pages of sig presentation and discussion got closed, I really don't see how you can try to prove a point to me about where a sig belongs. Maybe your point should be made to her. I was all in favor of posting sigs (art) in the art forum.

dave123
link, i thought you were more mature than that confused

yerssot
you're not even trying guys sad

Dexx
ok..so you have a problem with ONE member overposting himself. why ban all sigs from there.
*british tone* especially such an official event stick out tongue

yerssot
pipe down dexx stick out tongue

oh, I always wanted to say that

shellie
*sighs*

Raz
Please don't hijack this thread with another issue. If you really must talk about it, then I suggest you open a new thread.

Getting back on topic, yeah a sig contest sounds good, and I don't mind judging it.

shellie
notworthy

TOH
So... what are we waiting for...? wink

dave123
raz, you can't just sign yourself up as a judge stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
pray The sig guru has spoken!

<<Solo>>
I'll join in but all of my sigs are suck @$$.

TOH
embarrasment

silent_kisses
This should be hard competition for all of you eek!

Linkalicious
zorro That's commandeer, not hijack. zorro And I'll stop now, I got all that b!tching out of my system.

I'm all in favor of the sig contest...let it begin when you see fit maestro.

Raz
I guess it can start on July 1st and end two weeks after that.

I'll try to get the rules etc ready for then.

Oh and TOH should be a judge! yes

LilKitty
But Raz, isnt TOH gonna participate! cry TOH, you must!

Hegemon875
Where is the thread gonna be?

TOH
eek! Really? May I? eek!

silent_kisses
I agree completely cry

Raz
It's up to TOH, I guess wink

Anyways, the thread will be in the sig forum, but there will be a notice up in the GDF.

yerssot
sig forum = art forum I take?

LilKitty
Its a sub-forum in art forum.thumb up

yerssot
I definitly suggest a note in GDF now messed

Hells_angel
i win

TOH
Thanks I appreciate your consideration but I think it's not a good idea... erm signing myself as judge may sound I'm considering my work better than anyone else here and this is the last thing I want. You and Ush are the ones for the job wink

VENOMfan
I cant wait to see all the nominess's entries

LilKitty
OMG I love you even more now drooliolove

VENOM, you should participate!

yerssot
*grabs a book*
I can no expression

LilKitty
blink no expression

Anyway....

VENOMfan
Is this a contest for sig makers or just sigs?

I only make my own sigs now so Im not really a sig maker

<<Solo>>
VenomFan your sig kicks ass, I saw Equilibrium the other day and I have to say it's almost as good as the Matrix.

VENOMfan
Yeah I was VERY suprised by it. Im getting it on dvd ASAP

LilKitty
Its a sig contest.

You make your sigs, for yourself, therefore you are a sig maker. blink

Lots of other people that dont make sigs for other people are participating.

Its your choice, It was only a suggestion.

VENOMfan
ok I suppose Ill participate.

this is my entry

silent_kisses
Can I point out, your sig says Equilibium embarrasment isn't it Equilibrium

VENOMfan
*kicks self in face*

Raz
OK, if TOH is out, then me and lil can judge it. She is afterall the art forum mod.

Contest begins July 1st!

Dexx
aaw..no ush? you can have 3 judges..stick out tongue

Hegemon875
And when does it end?

LilKitty
2 weeks from then, i think.

dave123
so.... any particular subject, or just make something and enter it?

Dexx
those were the rules. no particular subject. the wards are for best looking, best concept and...err..can't remember smile

LilKitty
And I'd be honoured to judge it with Raz! happy

BadKitty
ohh I love the serial killer font...nice touch!

Hegemon875
But it should be posted in the actual competition thread not here.

im not burlyman
huh Sorry for not responding to your PM Hege, I wasn't at home embarrasment

Raz
Yes. Please wait until the competition actually starts.

JKozzy
When's it going to start? eek!
Is there going to be a limit on to how many entries? embarrasment

Trinity_Matrix
Learn to read, Kozzy stick out tongue

im not burlyman
duuude.. I won one of the things on the last one.. I think

Dexx
goodluck then

Hegemon875
Oh yeah I remember your's burly it was the memento sig, very original, I liked it.

LilKitty
Well, the contest should be starting tomorrow big grin

Raz
Today.....at around 8!

Need to go find the old rules...........someone? stick out tongue

silent_kisses
don't be lazy stick out tongue

Dexx
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21941&highlight=sig+contest

Raz
pray Dexx stick out tongue

Dexx
*quickly print screens*

silent_kisses
Lazy cry

JKozzy
When does it end? I have physical therapy soon erm

Raz
July 14

JKozzy
Oh, ok. Just making sure it wasn't a 24-hour thing. No limit on the entries?

im not burlyman
one entry each? huh

JKozzy
Oh. Alright, well I'll be working then.

Raz
Well its started. Please read the full rules there.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f76/t299035.html

LilKitty
big grin Very nice!

This contest will be sexy! diva

Agent Elrond
heck, I'll try, though I don't stand a chance. Might wind up making a sig I like.

Dexx
well..goodluck chaps

LilKitty
Like Raz said, read the rules carefully, so you know where to post what. (for those who hadnt participated before) smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.