do we have guardian angels?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cheeky munkey
my friend has recently got into all this gaurdian angel stuf, and she like totally believes that we each have one watching over us... i mean sumtimes yeh u get that feeling where you just know something, she says thats your angel.....
anyone else believe in angels? smile

yerssot
*looks up*
nope, just a waffle stuck to the ceiling
hmmm...waffle *drools*

Twin B!tch 1
laughing out loud

Evy_O
No I don't really believe in guardian angels messed

silver_tears
I believe in them embarrasment
I think there is someone always watching over us, and that they keep us out of harms way most of the time.

lil bitchiness
Awww big grin

KidRock
i dont belive in guardian angels..why should we? lol people get hit by cars everyday, trip down stairs, drown in pools ect. where are the guardian angels there?

SK88728
i used to think i had one, but then everythign went to shit, so not no more. but i really think my friend Derek has one, he has gotten into 2 very bad car accidents withing the last couple months and those are his first ones ever and he just turned 21. he totaled both cars and he ended up with only small scratches, not bad scratches, more like when you nail scratches your arm kinda looking

WindDancer
I don't think we have guardian angels. Is only stories that parents, and religions created to make us feel safer.

SK88728
indeed, same with god. so we be good.

WindDancer
I agree! For me the only angels that exists are those ppl that help others in an emergency.

minnie
I absolutely believe in guardian angels! smile
I think God gives every Christian a guardian angel
every Christian...or every person, I'm not so sure about that embarrasment
Anyways, I do believe God will protect us
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Kaleanae
No erm

§pearhead
If theres such thing as a guardian angel...i gotta give mine a pay raise. with all the dumb things ive done in my life, no doubt thats whats kept me goin.

if not, sheer luck always does the trick.

MC-117
I dont know about you people, but so far i havent met mine...its bound to happen one of these days

steely balls
i really want to beleive in them, it would be pretty cool to meet my guardian

BackFire
Absolutely not, if there are gaurdian angels then many of them are slackers, which would account for all the death and torture in the world.

shaber
But wouldn't that make them more realistic? confused

LeAtHerRFace
I have no idea.... I hope we do.

pixie1
my mom thinks i used to have one when i was a babby bcoz i used to talk to something on my sholder constantly

thorncrawler
i think we have our dearest relations watching us to make sure nothing goes too wrong, but we must remember fate is stronger

pixie1
my mom said that my gardian angle is my brother who died b4 i was born

thorncrawler
mine is my grandma and grandad, since my grandad died i have felt them every now and again, so they are stornger now

eno11
i recently found that there are gardian angels but they can only show themselves 2 u if u guess correctly who they r

Corran
OK so if there are guardian Angels how could they choose which friend/family member to watch over, for example, my great grandfather and great grandmother on my mother's side have 3 children, and about 8 grand children and more than 12 great grand children, so who did they choose to watch over when they died?

thorncrawler
if you believe then why cant they look ove ryou all?

yerssot
wow, they must be busy watching than ... what about sleeping? drinking? eating? or ... making luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve? :rofl:

cheeky munkey
i reckon, that we dont need angels, cuz our friends look after us (well mine do),
and that there is torture and stuff in th world, cuz if everything was good, then we wud all be just fat and lazy, and wud take it wll for granted!!!! i think that wat happens in ment to happen, and that pain and suffering is there to make us stronger
big grin

Storm
My guardian angels always have been my parents.

sandman26
of course we have guardian angels i wouldn't be here if we didn't

ivrith
I've been one more than once so I should know.

Corlindel
smile

Corlindel

Baylin
I'd never really thought about guardian angels until I had my palm read. Now I didnt ask for my fortune I asked the reader to tell me about my self. She looked at my hands and made some damn accurate comment but one thing she did remark on was a particular mark on my left hand. She said it was a mark that is rarely seen and that it meant I had a guardian angel!
Well this surprised me so I asked to her to expand and she told me that although things in my dont always go right or as I planned in my life I'll always land on my feet. I went away quite bemused by this and thought about and it was true and has always been true since what ever I've done or when ever I've cocked up I have always landed on my feet. So since then I always thank my guardian angel!

It may be something it may not I dont care it works for me and at the end of the day thats what matters! cool

White Lady
i would like toi think my daddy is my angel

BakaXero
im not sure bout gaurdian angels but there something protecting me.
there are so many times that i should have died and somehow ive managed to survive. i never use to notice it but when i think back
it seems to make sense, i know there im being followed by some sort of spirit and it gets bored sometime, cause it always bothers me when im sleeping. like i feel some sort of force budging me when i sleep sometimes

'chelle
each person can have up to 12 gaurdian angels

Baylin
Sounds similar to my gift. If you look at my posting here and what I posted in the OTF Astral Projection thread ( http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f61/t30096.html )you'll know what I mean wink

BakaXero
I dont think so.... that's something different
but ive sorta experienced that too
in my dreams i could feel objects as if they were real
but i dont think its astro projection

rusky
I certainly hope so..

eno11
We all have gardians watching over us bein a wiccan i believe very strongly in gardian angels

cheeky munkey
how wierd is this... i was tralking to my nan. and she was tlaking about my cousin................who was ill as a child and nearly died..... well in one pic there is a light over her left shoulder, and it looks as though there is something there, andit isnt there in anyof the other pics.... and also... she has a birthmark on her left shoulder that looks exactly like a thumb print as though sum1 has put ther hand there....

how wierd is that?........

and she is perfectly fine today... although the odds were against her... she could have died or been paralysed... buts she poifectly ok!!!!!!.....
i totally believe that she has a gaurdian angel big grin

~Angel~
Well, I was going to say no. But, today at work, there was this guy who had a 6 inch scar on his face. I overheard him talking to someone that it was a chainsaw accident!!!!! It missed his eye by about an inch. So, yes, I do believe there are "angels" watching over us.

Although, real angels don't have wings or halos. They are not the cliches we have made them out to be. I think that we can be "everyday angels" by helping strangers in any way we can. Little things, they don't have to be much.

It seems today that we have this image in our mind of angels, and we want to believe in them, but we forget that we can BE angels for someone we know.

Next time you see an opportunity, be someone's angel. Open a door for someone else. Toss some extra change on the counter when the person in front of you comes up short. Make an extra effort to smile at someone that makes you want to frown. Help a single mom bag her groceries and take them to her car. Anything! You would be amazed at how thankful people are for a few minutes of help from a stranger.

*Be the difference that makes the difference*

cheeky munkey
that is so cute........... big grin
u ever thought of becoming a motivational speaker or anything? hehe stick out tongue

but your right........... every1 is so concerned with themself, they dont stop to help others........ even smiling at people as you pass on the street makes a big difference

~Angel~
Motivational speaker....Ha! stick out tongue Nope, not me. no expression I guess that was a bit sappy... o well.

I see things every day that people could do to prevent pissing other people off, and it's just the little things like common courtesy. Working retail (what I do) is like working at a daycare... You have to anticipate what the people want, and what they are going to do in order to prevent them from getting crabby. *hands customer blankie and pillow* Naptime!

Getting back on topic... I must have done something to scare my gaurdian angels away... I dunno...

liltiggasmootay
A close friend of mine was home all alone and it was the middle of the night and she was woken up by a voice saying her name. She thought she was just dreaming so she didnt think much about it. She got up to go to the bathroom and as she was walking down the hall she could hear something walking behind her. She looked back and nothing was there. She went into the bathroom and did her thing then came out and started heading down the hall back to her bedroom...she heard the footsteps again she stopped looked back nothing was there. She started walking again and she could hear them again. Then they started to get closer and was going faster so she started to run. Aswell she could hear the footsteps running after her and then she heard flapping wings behind her like i bird was flying behind her. She passed her room and ran downstairs when she got down stairs to her surprise the kitchen was up in flames. She grabbed her dog and got outta there. To this day she believes that an angel saved her and woke her up and chased her down the stairs to warn her that her house was on fire....angel

ladygrim
smile

theReject
According to my religion, Children have guardian angels...

ladygrim
smile

FBI_AgentMulder
No, I do not believe in Guardian Angels. I do not believe that there is such thing as "divine intervention", for this is a FreeWill universe.

I believe we are each our own angels. We are the ones that have to evolve to a higher level of understanding. As someone mentioned before, be of a service to someone who is in need, or an organization. It is that simple. Being actively involved in community service is also being an angel.

In regards to the topic,

This is one of my favorite quotes, because it is sensible and romantic.

Yet, angels as entities, I believe are just mythology to explain how "god" works in his ways. All religion create archetypal figures to represent certain concepts and things in the world. Why do you think satan was invented? Easy...to convert people.

One thing we know about Angels is that they have been intertwined into human myth and legends throughout time, long before Christianity. Angels present themselves in the manner in which the society can most understand them. For example, the Romans called the angels, Lares: protective household guardians. The Vikings called their angels Valkyries: ones who retrieve the souls of dead warriors. In Buddhist literature they are called Dakinis (or translated as "Sky Dancer"wink..etc etc

The idea of "angels" are not meant to serve any organized religion such as Christianity, Wicca, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, etc

I believe that an angel, is our soul...since it is part of human consciousness (i believe)...and we each have our angelic selves.

LindsIsSexyK
Well if we do then I think mine is just on a really long vacation................

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.