please vote for July's book of the month

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BadKitty
please vote for July's book of the month,
okkies friends..here is a poll of 9 books that we can choose from for July's book for our book of the month club.
I will leave this up all week..after we all vote, the most popular book wins for that month we start reading in beginning of July till the end of July with a thread that is solely for discussing for our chosen book.
also post your comments if you like on the books you have chosen,or have new ideas to proceed with our club.all thoughts are much appreciated

thank you everyone for your input please be sure to vote for your book on the poll.

here are the considered nominations~(reminder only the first book nominated by any one person is considered)
-------------------------------------------

The Stand by Stephen King

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Spider-Man 2, the movie novelization

The last Unicorn, by Peter Beagle

The Narrows by: Micheal Connelly

Interview With The Vampire, By: Ann Rice

Harry potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

Jack London- Call of the Wild

Watership Down by Richard Adams

BadKitty
I voted Watership Down by Richard Adams smile

el barto
I voted for Interview With The Vampire smile

Vampiree
^what he said happy

I am a Sock
HP: OotP, mainly because that's the only book there I read

Primitive Screwhead #1
Wouldn't you want to vote on a book you haven't read yet? I thought the idea here was a book would be picked in order to be discussed next month. Good motivation to read something new, as opposed to re-reading something again (not that there's anything wrong with revisiting a good book).

BadKitty
yep PS1 thats what I would like to do myself.I haven't watched watership down in many years and only once got to read like half the book that why I'd like to pick it now.

Phoenix
I picked Fight Club - I loved the movie, and I've been wanting to read the book for ages, now I have a reason to buy it! big grin

lil bitchiness
Phoe, the book is amazing! big grin If you loved the film, you're gonna adore the book! big grin

I read Interview with a Vampire 2 years back. It was a good book, but vampires arent really my thing smile

I am a Sock
July isn't agood month for me. I'll be away most of the time and won't have time to read, sadly. That's why I chose a book I already read

Freddy_vs_Jason
SPIDER-MAN 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek! happy

One of my friends said to me the other day "Spider-Man's a guy thing, you shouldn't like it!" but I think differently. All my other friends like Spider-Man, guys and girls.

Stormy Day
The Spider-Man 2 novelization is good smile

BadKitty
why would anyone think that? I've always been a comic book fan,but maintained my feminine personality

Stormy Day
Yeah thats a really corny femenist remark they shouldnt have said that. sad

Darth Revan
I voted for Call of the Wild, it's one of my favorite books big grin

big gay kirk
I'm always torn... but Watership Down got my vote.... first read it when I was about eight, and re-read it regular, but not for the last few years.... a good one, though I always preffered Shardik....

ClaraG
i picked harry potter rolling on floor laughing

el barto
DAMN YOU HARRY POTTER!

3000 POSTS!

Freddy_vs_Jason
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Spider-Man 2 must win!
I'm a bit of a Tom-Boy...............

BadKitty
inlove

Exabyte
I love both the Last Unicorn and Watership Down, voted for the latter though.

Fëanor
I voted for 'Interview'

Spider-Girl
Spider-Man 2 isn't winning!!

*cries*

Tobey I let you down!! I'm so sorry! punish me master! shifty

BadKitty
on more day of voting to go! I wonder if we will have our first tie.

Arachnoidfreak
Dracula wasn't a choice!?!! One of the greatest books of all time! It kicks the crap out of anything by Ann Rice, and it's the original! big grin

big gay kirk
Then nominate it next month!! big grin

Arachnoidfreak
I'll be sure to. This was my first visit to the Book Forum, so I didn't know what was going on.

BadKitty
well it looks like we have our book!
Harry potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

I don't think we ever came to a desion on tie breakers...we came very very close this time..I think we have to have thread about that soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.