Spectre???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SUPERMANDAMAN
I have read a few comics with him in them but how strong is he? Could he beat someone as strong as thanos or galactus?

DarkCrawler
He is in the class of Living tribunal, so yes.

Arachnoidfreak
Being that the Spectre is the Wrathe of GOD, yes, he could.

Gregory
But the Spectre has been toned done post-Crisis, right?

eleveninches
Spectre was the wrath of god, but in the vertigo/DC universe, God had abdicated/died. So does spectre still get his power from somebody else instead of god??

Gregory
If you're talking about Preacher, I'm not sure if that's part of the DCU; a lot of Vertigo titles aren't (like, "The Last Man" obviously isn't). If you're talking about something else, what?

eleveninches
I know for sure that in the 'Lucifer' series, god is dead. The point is that if spectre got his power from god, then he would just revert to only having his parallax powers.

Arachnoidfreak
Vertigo isn't in DC continuity, just like Wildstorm isn't either, they are like subcompanies with their own comics.

Gregory
Yes it is. I mean, sometimes. As I said, some Vertigo titles aren't. But The Sandman, for example, was; Lucifer gave up Hell in The Sandman (a Vertigo title), and this change was reflected in Demon (a non-Vertigo title), and Spectre (another non-Vertigo title) And since Lucifer stars a character from The Sandman, it is presumably also in continuity.

Bojangles
no expression

SUPERMANDAMAN
beer

FrothByte
michael is more powerful than spectre correct?

Gregory
Yes. I've heard that the Spectre is potentially omnipotent, but at least normally he is not on that level.

Bojangles
michael the archangel i assume?

Gregory
Well, that's who I was talking about.

Bojangles
i dont know about the comics but in the Bible, Gabriel, Michael, and Lucifer (before he became Satan) were the three highest Angels in rank

there are infinite numbers of angels and those were a couple of the only ones that had names because they were the 3 highest in rank

like i said, i dont know much about the comics, but thats how it was in the Bible

Gregory
In the DCU, Michael and Lucifer are the two most powerful angles, and among the most powerful beings in the universe. I don't know about Gabriel.

Bojangles
yeah the Bible was
1. Lucifer
2. Michael
3. Gabriel

but when God banished Lucifer, they all "moved up" (i guess you could say) in rank

Magee
Stop making refrence to the bible. Unless u think comics and the bible is the same?
I guess they are lol they are both fictional.

ScarletSpider
Why should he stop referencing the bible? You sure as hell can't retcon it, so everything has stayed within continuity lol.

Bojangles
im just saying everything so far seems like it has followed the Bible

i never said they were the same

Magee
I asked u if u think their the same, u know the ? implies that. I never said that u do think their the same. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bojangles
huh ..........................OH!! OK I GET IT! happy

SUPERMANDAMAN
reading umm hmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.