Fahrenheit 9/11

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theez1
Well it's being talked about a ton and it is now officially stuck with an R rating.
Are you interested in seeing this movie? It opens on about 750 screens this weekend.

el barto
I really want to see it but I probably won't. I still voted yes though.

Waggy the Dog
there is nothing else good coming out on Friday.
I don't see why anyone who wants to see a movie isn't going to see 9/11. Unless, if the theatre which is playing 9/11 isn't near you, there is absolutley no reason not to see it.

Painkiller
looks great

Kaleanae
I'm going to see this friday, I think messed I just know that I'm going

Storm
I will go see it smile

vagaryatwill
If I can find it in a theater near me, I'll be there. I hope it's worthwhile.

theez1
No interest in White Chicks, The Notebook or Two Brothers?

Waggy the Dog
No.
I have absolutley no interest in White Chicks, The Notebook or Two Brothers.

WindDancer
Nah!!!

I will pass on this full of sh1t political propaganda film. I'll go watch Chronicles of Riddick again.

wuTa
yes!! i agree....i hate micheal moore and politicsbig grin

Dogbert
Michael Moore is a jackass propaganda film maker. This guy makes me sick and I don't plan on seeing a movie which distorts the truth to work in his favor of opinion. I'll go see White Chicks or something else....

Krabs55
haha go watch bolwing for clombia and say this shit

Dogbert
Um... why do you say that?

Phoenix
I don't have a choice - my brother is dragging me along whether I want to or not... good job I want to see it! big grin

Evil Dead
why does he say that.........hell, I'm still trying to figure out what exactly he said.

botankus
Did you mean to type "blowing" for "Columbia?" big grin I'm sure it would've made more sense.

Fire
everyone distorts the truth to work in his or her favor of opinion.

Vengeance
Well i say the bottom line is it will suck becuase its made from the man who thinks he is black (his books are called stupid white man)micheal moore. and hes just stupid, he even said that for the war in iraq that when he heard about it he said something that ment it was wrong before he actually knew anything about it(he said the cause of the war was wrong,he didn't no it was aboput oil yet) so he just stupid. plus bowling for columbin sicked anyway.

Fire
what the hell vegeance, a lot of ppl knew the cause for the war namely the WMD's was a bogus point.

and I don't see the problem with Moore calling his books "stupid white man" even if he is caucasian himself, some selfcriticism is a good idea.

Vengeance
dude at the times he said it had a bad cuase he even amited that he didn't yet no the cause of the war yet. he said it on the laterman show. i watched it. he just says stupid raceist things before he knows what the hell his talking about.

Dogbert
Yes, but this guy makes a living off of it; yet he still manages to get all the sheep to eat up his bullshit and call him a "directoral genius"

Vengeance
wow its like your writing poetry that makes sence lol. i have to agree with you all the way. rolling on floor laughing

Fire
Dogbert he aint the only person making a living off of it, just look at politicians they all distort the truth to make a living.

Well vengeance than maybe it was his gut feeling

and in america everyone seems to be fond of free speech well if he calls his book "stupid white man" that falls under the free speech thing

Vengeance
yea but dude, im saying. its like me not noing anything about u, but all asudden i say your a member of the KKK and you hang a "AFRICAN AMERICAN" on a firey cross. oh and you had a bad cause

BackFire
yeah, I'll go see it. I just hope he doesn't have alot of camera time. He's just so unpleasant to look at...

Also, say what you want about this guys "propaghanda" (a very popular word these days). This guy knows how to make movies and get his point across very vividly. He didn't win the Palm de whatever at the cannes film festival for nothing. The guy is a good film maker, and always raises valid points to back up his thesis.

But still...he's just so ugly...

Vengeance
yea i like to call him grizzly adam's but thats just my opinion.

theez1
This film set a record in NY last night. NY's Lowe's Village 7 grossed $49,000. That's crazy! eek!

amity75
I love his movies and books but then I think about him being incredibly rich and travelling everywhere by limo and it takes the edge off his stuff.

Dogbert
That goes to show that with the right editing team, any lard can be considered a good film maker...

Vengeance
eek! dude your a f'ing poet. God its like every word out of this mouth is gold.

wuTa
laughing

BackFire
Well I don't believe it's the editing team. Micheal Moore just knows how to make good points in his films.

chez
^^ What he said! ^^

BackFire
Yeah, white chicks looks like such a better film. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Vengeance
lol

chez
Touche. laughing out loud

BackFire
I really don't see why people have such a problem with him. He does what every film maker does. He has an opinion, makes a film to get that opinion across, and leave it up to the audience to judge for themselves if they want to agree or not.

Much of this "propoghanda" is just him giving his simple opinion on the topics portrayed in his film. His films are often thought provoking, whether you agree with them or not, and usually give solid reasons and points to back up his thesis.

I know it's fasionable to bash him, but his documenteries are interesting, to say the least, and they do raise good points, and are often very truthful.

Linkalicious
I'll wait til it comes out on video...

Phoenix
He meant 'Bowling for Columbine', another Moore film

botankus
If you don't mind, BF, I'll agree with your statement but exclude one word: "good."

Phoenix
So, if you're not a sheep eating Moore's bullshit, are you one of George's shit-eating sheep? erm

Ushgarak
Backfire is right. Michael Mooore's films are always worth seeing, and always raise good points.

As intelligent (I would hope!) viewers, we just have to remember that these are definitely opinion pieces and not necessarily all there is to the story. That doesn't make them in some way wrong to make or evil. Moore does get very annoying sometimes when he is obviously trading objectivity for humour- something satirists do all the time, but you feel Michael Moore's fans might take it more seriously due to the way these are presented- but despite that this is valid counterpoint in operation, and even when I don't agree with him at least he has made an effort for researching his points, which is more than 99% of lazy critics of the administration do.

WindDancer
See that's another thing I've noticed. Why is it that when people give their opinion agains't Michael Moore they are either label as Republicans or Conservatives? (I'm not saying you are Phoenix, but Michael Moore fanatics always label those that oppose his films as conservatives)

I don't support the liberals or democrats or republicans. I also don't like Michael Moore. Not because I don't agree with his politics but because in his films he is always portraying HIS side of the story! He is like a crooked Journalist that only cares about his own fame rather than the story.

I have always advise people to do their own research. Read books, study the case, ask questions, consult people that are highly educated, learn more about facts. Don't rely on people like Michael Moore to bring you the goods. Because is NOT all 100% truth. Do your own research.

ragesRemorse
yeah moore does raise good points, however, they are all sadly one sided, If you think about or read up on the arguments moore brings to light, you will see that they are not as shocking as he makes them out to be. One great example is bowling for columbine, At first glance that documentary seems to be shocking, but it's just how he portrays his research. He mentions in a dreary manner that America has 75,000 gunshot crimes in america a year, and all other countries have only a fraction of that, but he fails to mention that all those other countries are just a fraction the size of America. That film is chock full of instances like this.

Everything he speaks on is diseased with a liberal point of view, now he claims to be an independant, but he's always bashing conservative's and never even giving you a peek at the other side of the story. He takes the truth and twists it into a shocking exageration.

Ushgarak
Actually, Rage, that fact is good and true. He was talking proportional size- the US gun death rate is ridiculously huge compared to other western countries.

If you combine the populations of Great Britain, France, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, you get roughly the same population as the US.

Those countries combined had 112 gun deaths in 2000, the US had 32000. A rate almost 300 times higher.

There is little argument about the figures- Bowling for Columbine was about the cause.

ragesRemorse
In 1993 homocide by firearms in Europe was nearly equivelant to the United States. Since then stronger gun laws were enforced through out Europe. Where as laws against firearms have been enforced in the united states. I know this is still a staggering fact, but America does not have the most gun deaths simply because we are bloodthirsty drones as moore insists we are, but because of the laws. I'm not trying to argue the gravity of the statistics, but rather the light that moore portrays these facts. Guncite.com has many points and facts that help explain the incredible crimes with guns in America. Regaurdless, it is still ridiculous to know that in the past ten years the strongest laws against guns America has introduced is the gun lock.This is'nt even a law, but a suggestion.

Phoenix
Did you see the bit when a bank was giving away a free gun when you opened an account? I couldn't believe it was actually true at first, I thought it was a set-up!

ragesRemorse
so? i mean really

Linkalicious
All i'll say is that movies like these are why i turned to drugs instead of politics.

Ushgarak
Again, you are doing Moore a disservice, because he tackles exactly that issue in his comparison with Canada, which also has lax gun laws but has an almost European gun death rate. Whether he is right or not is debatable but you are trying to make out he ignored the legislation issue- he did not. Obviously in Europe we all think you need gun laws to address the ridiculously high gun death rate but Moore was actually advancing other reasons.

Incidentally, where the heck did you get that 1993 figure from? It is not even vaguely true in any part of Europe I know of.

Ushgarak
Well, that is only weird from a European perspective. If you can buy guns on the High Street like you can in the US- subject to various approvals etc.- then why not get them as a free gift?

botankus
Wow, a lot of people really use some movies as stepping stones to load up on sharing their beliefs (Refer to The Passion threads back in Feb/March). Just an observation.

Kes
laughing

Oh that's a good one big grin

Kaleanae
I just saw it and I can say that is a great film

Kaleanae
Mmm. and the one sided thing, he presents only his point of view because the news and other sources present their points of view messed

BackFire
Actually, I'm an american and I found that to be very strange. Not the fact that teh guns were given as a gift, but that it was from a bank, of all places. Banks are the one place people usually don't want guns around. Yet this bank is handing them out. It seemed very ironic to say the least.

ragesRemorse
i dont know, banks used to give out toasters and shit, a gun seems to be more fun atleast.

It's not like it is every bank, it is one bank in the world, in a small town that has a strange fatuation for guns with a police station located across the street. If you had the oppertunity to get a free shotgun for opening a bank account, you mean to tell me you wouldnt jump on that chance

BackFire
No, I don't think I would.

But you're missing the point. It's jsut a bit strange for a bank to hand out guns to their customers.

Darth Revan
I saw this today. At the risk of getting reamed by a number of people I know of on KMC who hate Michael Moore, I really enjoyed it.

Now, everybody knows that Michael Moore's films are more than a little biased, but I don't see what the big problem with that is. Everybody who has a political agenda does what Moore does.

Anyways... It was well made, for the most part. At some points it was a little over the top, like when the lady went to the White House and was crying about her son who had died in Iraq. I wouldn't have minded the scene other than the fact that it went on a little too long... There came a time when I thought to myself, "alright, I get the point, now let's move on." It had its funny moments as well. Overall I'd give it 8/10.

Tptmanno1
I saw it today as well.
No matter how much you dislike Moore or whatever. You definitly need to see this movie.
Even if you completly disagree with whatever Moore says, you cannot ignore some of the solid facts he makes. Expecially the footage of the troops in Iraq and what really goes on CANNOT be ignored.

Darth Revan
^agree

Kaleanae
The good thing is that pretty much everything Moore was trying to say or saying in this film was supported by facts erm

yerssot
then why that smiley Kal? messed

Waggy the Dog
this movie was great. a true gem amongst the crap that is out now, for instance The Notebook or White Chicks. When I saw it, it was sold-out, and when it was done, it got nearly a 30 second standing applause.

Vengeance
i would personally, not waste my money seeing a f'ing documentry in a theater, and i realy wouldn't watch it becuase it another film by the one and only grizlly adams. i just hated bowling for columbin and i dont wanna see onther view from grizzly, so i'll wait for it to be on video and i'll wait till a friend rents it. becuase i will not spend any money to support grizzly in any case.(he is racist)

Darth Revan
yes

When I saw it yesterday, it was sold out, and everybody clapped when Moore's name came on the screen in the opening credits. (as well as after it was over, after good parts, etc) I could've sworn there were more people clapping than when I saw ROTK on opening day.

Tptmanno1
My theater was packed too! It was awesome!

Vengance, Please enlighten my on why Micheal Moore is a racist. I see no evidence to support your claim.

BackFire
There is none. It's simply a foolish claim.

Zebra 3
evil face - I hope Michael Moore wins an Oscar again so I can hear yet another of his rants.

Painkiller
moore for president

Ushgarak
Feeling is that F911 is preaching to the choir.

WindDancer
That's another reason why some people don't like him. Using the AMPAS show to promote his anti-war comments! The guy is obviously a politician disguise as a film director. As far as the theathers sell outs is all about Hype! Pretty similar to Passion of Christ. From the pictures of the premeire I can tell he finally got rid of that jacket and was sporting a brand new suit! Yup, Those are Solid Facts some needs to point out.

WindDancer
double post.

Tptmanno1
Ush> Kind of. But you have to see the movie for some of the Iraq footage. Has this movie come out in England yet? Do you know if it is going to?

Even if you completely disregard ever statement Moore makes about the president, you should still see this movie. It is that important. Even if you think he is a racist or whatever. still go see the movie. You need to see what is happening in Iraq.

Waggy the Dog
The lines were spectacular!
Bgger than LOTR {all three movies}. our movie started at 11:15 PM and the lines {notice I said LINES}, had started nearly 4 hours previous. Every single show was sold-out.
Now, this cannot be all a result to "hype". Along with your other example, "Passion", both of these movies have a certain style and substance, not just an aura of "look at what I can show you!". So, "yeah", i'm sure people who don't want to see this movie or choose not to see this movie, or didn't like this movie after they saw it, could blame the "so far" success of this movie on hype. But, what I simply think is that people want to see something which is different for a change. A different message, and a different way to say this message.

plus, if you really get down to the simplistic, BASIC, "nuts and bolts" message of this movie {all BUSH jokes aside} . I don't see how anyone in their right mind would disagree with it.

both sides are dying needlessly.

"but, "hey!", that's just me"

Ushgarak
I don't need Michael Moore to tell me what is going on in Iraq, thank you very much.

Darth Revan
Maybe not, but there seem to be a lot of people out there who just don't "get it". It comes as more of a shock when you see it the way it's presented here--you turn on the news, and it'll tell you that x number of Americans and x number of Iraqis have died. A lot of people don't really stop to think about the reality of war. Sure, they know that people are dying over there... But seeing a family talk about their son who died in Iraq gets the point across better than seeing the number of people who have died as a statistic.

Also, there is a lot of stuff going on over there that is arguably just as bad as the thousands of deaths that you don't hear about on CNN.

Ushgarak
I don't even need Michael Moore to show me that.

Cinemaddiction
I heard that on CNN, they broke the movie down, and it's basically another Moore movie where he cuts and pastes his opinions into fact.

Bravo, spinster.

JRatT12
I personally wont see the movie cuz Morrie is a lying liberal. He only shows one side of a story and never gives all the facts. Moore makes money of tragic events in America. How much money did he make from the Columbine shootings and 9/11?????

Someone keeps talking about the pictures Moores move is showiong of Iraq, and "how we all need to see these." I am assuming they are images of dead people and only dead people. You don't see any pictures of are doctors healing people and treating them for diseases that can easily be fixed. You don't see people like my cousin how are over there feeding people that have been starving for years. You dont see all the kids going to school with new books and new cloths.....you only see Moore and his version of war.....go Liberals you truly are great spinners of information.....

Myth
^ yes

He is just stirring up trouble and making money while doing so.

Darth Jello
unlike some of you here, I met and talked to the guy when he was over here speaking at DU back in 2003. you can see bits and pieces of it on the bowling for columbine special features. he's a nice and genuine guy who obviously does things for a reason and because he really believes in what he's doing. he never claimed to be fair and frankly his targets deserve it. (now here's the part that's gonna get this thread closed for being "too political"wink. the film hinted at but didn't really point to the real scope of the issue. All terrorism points back to our friends and allies, the f*cking saudis. most of the hijackers were saudi. the bin laden's are saudi. they never disowned osama or stopped providing him with money. america however, is at saudi arabia's mercy due to foreign investments and oil. most of the info we got about iraq came from a lying Iranian double agent named Achmend Chalabi who was aiding Iran in luring the united states into another 'nam. it was the same strategy the united states used when they goaded the soviets into invading afghanistan (carter's defense secretary brzinski bragged that the mujahadin guerrillas were being trained six months before the soviets invaded afghanistan). the third interesting thing is the astonishing number of Iran-contra criminals who have become involved with the bush whitehouse, chiefly among them John Poindexter, Dick Cheney, and John Negraponte (only oliver north is thusfar,missing). the truth is that we have been led into a 1984 style perpetual war on terror faught collaboratively and in emnity among a group of islamic fundamentalists, Christian doomsday fanatics, wealth-addicted businessmen, and shadowy fascists in the highest levels of power. just like in the movie and the afformentioned novel, the war is not meant to be won by any side, fringe group, or faction. if Moore had explored this in more detail and came up with the concrete evidence of this that has to be there, he would have gone the way of the poor journalist who discovered the inslaw software scandal. and everything goes back to one pivitol point in history. the CIA coup that removed Prime Minister Mohammed Mosadeq of Iran and installed the Shah. this led to the triumph of wahabiism in the middle east and half a century of horrible, spilled blood.
flame, and though shalt be reported
thank you

read up on this yourself if you have doubts or don't believe me. this is a free country and you have that choice.

Myth
^Still doesn't mean that he isn't trying to make bank off his very bias views. Plus he is putting more fear in people by spreading conspiracy theories. Not necessarily something America needs.

Phoenix
What I don't get in Moore-haters arguments... If Moore is such a big liar, then why is he censored in so many states? If nothing he says is true, why aren't Americans allowed to hear it?

yerssot
technically cause it influences voters in an election year... in other words, someone payed the commitee to say that wink

PepeluTivursky
Peeping into the boards for the first time and just wishes to agree with Backfire here.
I mean, what you take from a movie/film is what YOU take. Every movie maker is trying to convince you of something - whether that be that some character is an actual person or that a viewpoint of theirs is correct.
Michael Moore may be quite a bit of propoganda but if you're that easily led, someone is bound to lead you - not just Michael Moore.

Tptmanno1
the thing about Micheal Moore is that he is open about his partisanship (Sp?) He know that the movie is his opinion and doesn't try to pass it off as fact unlike the government who expect us to believe everything they say is fact.

Vengeance
well he hates whites man, his books are always called stupid white men, and he says that its white mans fault for everything bad that happens in his life. he's a kkk for blacks. and he goes on and on, on that kinda crap.

Darth Revan
uh... Excuse me, but if you haven't noticed, Michael Moore IS white. He doesn't hate white men, that's ridiculous.

I agree with BackFire for once... Yes he has an opinion, yes he is voicing it very strongly, but he never said the film was non-partisan. You accuse him of being biased, as if it's a horrible crime, when he himself admits to it. Another thing is, there are so damn many CONSERVATIVE guys out there doing exactly the same thing, what's wrong with having one liberal doing it? Plus, Moore is funnier than all the conservative talk show hosts combined stick out tongue

GABRIEL05
My friend, I don't know how complete your grasp of the english language is but I can say surely that if your prose exhibits the intelligence of a monkey on crack.

botankus
Well, why do you think it is that people stand up and clap for movies in the theater?

When an episode of 20/20 or Dateline you completely agreed with concludes, do you stand up in your living room and start applauding? What about watching ROTK on your couch when it was finally over?

Or in the simplest terms, would you stand up and applaud a movie if you were the only one in the theater? shifty

ScottsLover
Does this movie really matter if you're a Republican or Democrat? I feel like seeing it and I'm a Republican.

Tptmanno1
OK If you've ever read "Stupid White Men" You would know that he's making funn of all the white people who run the country. He's using white as a description not a label. Everyone who has any say in what goes on in our country is white! Its just how it is an Micheal Moore knows this. Calling him racist is just stupid.

WindDancer
I hope Bradbury sues Moore's.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/21/bradbury.fahrenheit.ap/index.html

Oh, I'm sorry! I forget! The media distorts the truth but not Moore. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tptmanno1
He wont. Moore called him up and fixed it.

forumcrew
i think its a good movie for every american to see.. because the bottom line is youll see things you wouldnt here about otherwise.. im not saying you will like or dislike bush or that you should based on the movie.. btu still its a a movie that most all americans should see

Vengeance
Damn u it doesn't mean you cant be racist if you the same race. geeze man. and any way i stand by it. if you say blacks are better then white which he basically says, then you sir are a racist, if he would say there as equaly bad O.K. but that wouldn't get him another mill to spend eating thousands of fat products.

Tptmanno1
Where?
Thats a rediculous claim. Just because a books is named "Stupid White Men, and other sorry excuses for the state of the nation" Does not make him a racist.

Vengeance
k, back when i was in school we were read that and it always claims that anything that bad happened to him was a white mans fault, and he even goes to say that black men are infact better then the white becuase they have done nothing to hurt him and when they do it goes on the news. or some crap like that. so if thats not racist then w/e man you go dream your dream. but in my opionin grizzly adams is a racist, and a stupid one seeing that he is indeed a white man.

Phoenix
last time I looked, the word 'fahrenheight' was not copywrited. besides, the numbers are different, so it is an utterly invalid claim.

so there! stick out tongue

wink

BackFire
That's old news.

"The Tex"
Like last seasons VonDutch trucker hats old! schmoll

Vengeance
O.K. then. anyway lets continue

fanatos
I think Fahrenheit 9/11 is another system of control, made by, of course the Illuminati wink !!!

Tptmanno1
oooook.

GABRIEL05
Oh my gawd Ray Bradbury is still alive?!?...anywho

WindDancer
Yup! He still alive and kicking! big grin

LMAO! When will the madness ever stop?!?!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411646/

Darth Revan
You know what the other thing about that book is? It's a comedy. It's meant to be funny. Not all of it is 100% serious. Mike Moore isn't a racist, get the hell over it.

Vengeance
lol u think its a comedy if that was a comedy then no one would pay serious attention to it. and think not about what he says.which would infact take away a few dollars that he would spend on porn and donuts.

F9/11
F9/11 Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats all

thank you smile

Darth Jello
can you imagine michael SAVAGE doing a movie like this? it would be three hours of exposition about the black and hispanic conspiracey to destroy white america by spreading homosexuality and furthering the gay agenda. What about anne coulter? she'd probably make a Joseph Goebbles styles propaganda film featuring "liberal" rats scurying through the streets and claiming that liberals are the lowest caste in society. btw, she's made some very interesting comments recently about "jewish infiltration" in the democratic party.
My point is that of all the pundits, moore is the funniest and most creative. and people who use the word "liberal" in the same way that war hawks used words like "pinko" and "******" during the vietnam war should get their dictionaries and look up the word. Liberalism is the foundation of this country. unfortunately, nearly all of our current politicians can be categorized as either right-authoritarians (fascists), libertarians, and religious conservatives (not true conservatives).
if you would like to live in an illiberal democrasy, i recommend India, Russia, and Mexico.
so please, unlike the retards on fox news or on AM radio, please make sure you can define words like "conservative" and "liberal" before you fling them around.

Fire
you can push liberalism too far.

botankus
...so much that he created his own username after the movie-- sad

GABRIEL05
I think the correct term is ironic. THe book (although I haven't read it, but I can still judge by it's title and content matter which was discussed in these forums) has a lot of irony.

Creechuur
"last time I looked, the word 'fahrenheight' was not copywrited. besides, the numbers are different, so it is an utterly invalid claim"

Give me a break. Bradbury is (rightfully) afraid that the public will subconsciously connect Moore's film with his book. Since Moore's film has been in the public eye, whats the first thing you think of when I say "Farenheit 451'? Mr. Bradbury is totally justified in his contempt, I say. Can't the far left nuts think up their own damn names? First Franken rips off O'Reilly, and now this. All politics aside, thats just uncreative...and unprofessional.

Moore should truthfully advertise his films as fictional and one man's opinion. When your moviemaking style incorporates quoting people out of context, creative editing of interviews, leaving important facts out of your commentary to strengthen your points and staging events for your film, you aren't making a documentary.

Its convenient that Moore's films never have a counterpoint. No surprise though, when youre twisting the truth as much as him, you don't want a devil's advocate. His films are clearly made for the shiftless masses, people that don't want to have to form their own opinions or see through the lies shoved down their throats.

Better that Moore convert these idiots to the far left, thats where idiots belong.

BTW, as a middle-conservative, Even I am scared of a Michael Savage movie. Yipes!

BackFire
Frankens book was a parody, making fun of that lame SOB O'Reilly.

PanIsMYMan08
i jus think that michael moore is a total and complete jackass.

PanIsMYMan08
im not gonna waste my money to see a stupid movie like that

Cinemaddiction
Michael Moore is nothing more than an Anti-American, Bush hating, bin Laden sympathizing, opportunistic "documentary" film maker.

What more proof do you need to back these claims than the following..

Moore is knowingly about to accept terrorist funding for the distribution of his film, in turn funding the Hezbollah terrorist clan. Correct me if I am wrong, but thats a violation of federal law, the Patriot Act, and he should immediatly be investigated and subsequently prosecuted, no?

I give you, Michael Moore. Jihad's newest supporter.

BackFire
Interesting, but I wouldn't castrate the guy just yet. Those claims could very well be false. Is it from a credible source? Or is it from some fat Rush Limbaugh type guy? Sounds like a claim he would make.

Cinemaddiction
I believe i broke at www.freerepublic.com, originally, by Michael Medved. I don't think this is something that can get twisted in translation so to speak.

I'd be just dumbfounded if this were true. I can somewhat appreciate Moore's tenacity, but if he were to overlook something like this, I'd have to question his mental stability and integrity.

There's more Re: Moore/Hezbollah at http://www.tacitus.org/story/2004/6/23/21547/3751

Seems to me they, like Moore, are just supposedly telling the truth. I'm not much on politics, but stuff like this makes me sick.

BackFire
Me neither. I will see Moores movie though, I hear it's very thought provoking, regaurdless of how you feel about him personally.

Darth Jello
a little insight on the hezbolla thing. y'see, this was based on an editorial in a film magazine that was reported as FACT by the British Guardian. later this story was further embellished by that unbiased organ of freedom "move america forward" and further by the national review and washington times (gee, lets read a paper owned by sun myung moon and think it's factual). and since when did moore sympathies with bin laden? the closest thing he ever said to that was stating in his last book that bin laden was heavily involved in a primarily Saudi plot.

Cinemaddiction
Christopher Hitchens was on Scarborough Country tonight, and this is an excerpt from his article 3 days ago on MSN.com.

In a nutshell, bin Laden is innocent according to Moore. I don't know if he's changed his stance on it in his movie or not.

There's plenty more of Moore's myths uncovered in this article, if you have some free time..

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

Tptmanno1
Well I have to agree with Moore on that one. Innocent until proven guilty is one of the bases of the American way. How do we know if he really did it? Sure he takes the credit, but who wouldn't. You hate America and suddenly this huge attack on them happens and you know that if you take the credit it would make you look better in the eyes of your supporters.
Who tells us Bin Ladin is guilty? Fox? Where do we get this intellegence? The same people who gave us the Iraq WMD intellegence? We don't know. We can't be certian.

Vengeance
when your not guilty u ushally dont go hidding in caves for a long period of your life, hate to say it.

Tptmanno1
Well Maybe you do if you country is getting the hell bombed outta it and they are sending massive amounts of troops to get you. Look at Saddam. No trial, no nothing.

WindDancer
I guess Michael Moore get's a taste of his own medicine. Very interesting when others expose his dirty laundry.

Tptmanno1
No that artical is all opinion, its trying to do what Micheal Moore does more effectivly. IMO the artical was stupid, Had no basis and was trying to refute all the facts in the movie.

Creechuur
"Look at Saddam. No trial, no nothing."

Uh, he's on trial right now, actually.

WindDancer
And? If it is opinion the guy is entitled to it. Michael Moore likes to criticize and point other people's facts in his movies! He shouldn't have a problem with other people criticizing his work! IMO if he loves the truth so much...... He shouldn't have a problem when someone investigates his personal stuff.

fanatos
Cinemaddiction, which movie are your sig and avatar from. I wanna watch that movie smile .

Cinemaddiction
Fan, that would be Will Ferrell as "Ron Burgundy" in "ANCHORMAN: The Legend of Ron Burgundy", opening July 9th.

Creechuur
Loves the TRUTH???? Moore knows nothing about truth.

Heres some truth. Anchorman will be the funniest movie of all time. I've been waiting a long time for Will Farrell to get his due.

BackFire
Funniest movie of all time? That statement may very well be funnier then anything in Anchorman.

Cinemaddiction
Eh..nothing will be funnier than "UHF" or "Airplane!", IMO.

Did you guys catch any of this mornings trials? The guy was passing the buck on to everyone else, and speaking in 3rd person like he was The Rock!

Either he is totally delusional and honestly doesn't know that he himself is Saddam Hussein, or he needs a Hollywood agent immediately.

*Alison*
No, he's just got THAT big of an ego. In his mind, he's still the leader...and always will be.

But you have to think that he'll come around once convicted of war crimes and murdering thousands upon thousands of people...

Vengeance
dude he went underground before they started bombing, first they went looking for him. but any way yeah saddam's on trail right now like the other guy said.

mah
Of course everyone's innocent until proven guilty. I can't believe you make a case out of it, Cinemaddiction, you truly are desperate to make rancid claims about Moore. Very disgusting.

Vengeance, you are the stupidest person alive.

The Omega

WindDancer
The Oscars ceremony is an event where they celebrate the best films in the entertainment business NOT a place for politicians like Michael Moore to spewed his opinions on a war! The Oscars is suppose to be a non-political ceremony! There is a time and place to boast your political ideas but to use a ceremony like the Oscars is pretty low! IMO the Oscars is NOT a place to promote anti-war or pro-war simply put NO politics!

They attack his person? Really? then what is Michael doing to Bush in his movies?? Isn't that futher proof that he is playing the role of politicial promoter? Didn't Joseph Gobbels use his films to turn the German people agains't their former government? Didn't he ridicule the old government to promote the Nazi party? I'm not accusing Michael Moore of being a racist, but he obviously loves to make films criticizing the American Government.

Creechuur

Creechuur

mah
"Much of this film shows the ugly side of war. But remember that the purpose of the military is to kill people and break things. War is an ugly business.
So maybe Michael Moore simply wanted to lash out against war."

Worst review I've ever read. He didn't make any actual points.

BackFire
"Didn't he ridicule the old government to promote the Nazi party? I'm not accusing Michael Moore of being a racist, but he obviously loves to make films criticizing the American Government."

Yep, and his criticisms are usually just and valid.

WindDancer
See that's also one of my views. He can make a 1000 films dissing Bush or criticizing him for the war. Is his rigthful thing to do. His right to use freedom of speech is perfectly fine. BUT when he makes claims that his OPINION is the "Truth" it is simply a big pile of BS!

Also this film isn't all about telling the so-called truth and facts people are claiming about him. This film is just like Passion, Supersize Me, Michael Moore hates America, or even JFK their sole purpose is meant for only one thing!.............to make MONEY! So for the fans of Michael MOOOOOre that claim he is exposing the truth.............LMAO! All he is doing is trying to make a dolla outta all of these Bush hating going on in the world.

After all if George W. Bush wasn't president Michael MOOOOOre wouldn't have a job or a film to make money out of it. That's my view on this whole nonsense.

btw- lookie here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5335853/site/newsweek

Ushgarak

Vengeance
lol wow another joke of my Intellegence, well i guess i must realy be back in kindergarden for this. geeze call me stupid lol thats so gay, well u no what call me stupid, but when it comes down to it at least i make a good case out of what i talk about were you just seem to tease people about what they say and you dont seems to say stuff on your own.

The Omega

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>