Help me understand something about this trilogy!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JuggernautFan
in part 1, everything went as smooth as whipped cream. i understood it without a problem. 2 it was kinda the same way. but what i want to start with the neo/smith fight in part 2 in the middle of the....... whatever they were standing in. when the smiths *multiple* started to surround neo. i knew a major fight was about to happen, so i got the usual excited-ness about me and was wanting to see what happened. the fight breaks out and neo starts pounding on the smiths. then smith wants "more". so more rush in to fight neo. he isn't doing to badly, but he is being over run. but the point remains that he is still defeating a large number of smiths. so finally he is trying to move about but everywhere he goes there are smiths plowing into him, but he still has the upperhand. at the end of the fight he decides to bail out. (this has some significance later)

so we move on to part 3. i didn't get to watch the movie in theatres so i had to wait till it came out on dvd to watch it. boy was i dissappointed. i saw the previous on t.v. i saw neo walking down the street with smiths lined up and down the street and along the buildings with a single "agent" in the road awaiting neo. i thought to myself "oh man, how could he defeat so many". i couldn't wait to see him put an ass whoopin on all those smiths. so i finally bought the dvd and i had built up so much anticipation in this fight. the movies is almost over and it finally happens. neo only fights 1 smith???? WHAT THE FU*K happened???? why in part 2 was neo able to defeat so many of them and in part 3, he couldn't even beat 1? what made smith grow in so much power that he began to dwarf neo "the one" anderson in power??? i just don't understand what it was that made the gap that big......... also, after neo let smith copy him, how did that destroy him??? and why did everybody return to thier original self except neo??? wy is it that he is the only one not seen again??? needless to say i might never watch the movie again.

I am a Sock
I'm sure this has been discussed hundred of times, but I'll help you out.

In M3, it's the showdown between Smith and Neo. Smith become increasely more power since thier last enconter. He managed to assmulate the power of the Oracle and that made him more powerful. The power between Smith and Neo was equal. They could not defeat each other. Neo let himself be copied as a way to 'balance the equation'. Neo was x and Smith was -x. Together, they were 0. Everything connected to Smith wa also destroyed.

Hope that helps. Jedi knows more than I do. He might give you a better answer.

Korri
AE> it has

Closing..

Arachnoidfreak
hmm, its still not closed. look at that.

The Ones
just look

Clovie
laughing out loud may i say one thing?
i think that the power of all smiths has come into this one smith who was fighting neo.

I am a Sock
IMO, Smith was as much as an anomoly as Neo. Neo was the sum of all anomolies (or something like that) and Smith was the sum of a different type of anomoly

shake zula
well, in MY opinion smith was the complete negative of neo so therefore he wasn't an anomaly. come to think of it, he was an exile.

I am a Sock
More specifically, he's a virus; enemy of man and machine.

Korri
SSSHHH!!!

it is closed!! right! CLOOOOOOOOOOOOSED!! mad

Shade
The copies were not needed.

Only one Smith had the strength to defeat Neo. The Smith that was the copy of the Oracle.

What would be the purpose of all the Smiths fighting Neo, when only one is needed? Why waist the energy?

That's what Smith was thinking.

Korri
aww come on guys cry

I am a Sock
Neo vs 10000000000000 Smiths. That could have rocked, maybe

Korri
***C*L*O*S*E*D***

agentsmith114
there are a couple of possibilities with smith vs neo and how strong the other is
1. every smith has the same power as the one who fought neo. this could happen because they are all the same program and share with each other their power
2. the smith that fought neo was only as strong as he was because he took over the oracle (just came up with it)
3. the smith who fought neo was the only one who had that much strength because he was the one who was supposed to fight him

Korri
does anyone listen to me?

xeous
No.

Shape Shifter
Nope

Shape Shifter
i dont even listen to myself y would i listen to u?

The Unknown
Smith (-1) took over Neo (+1). That was what was keeping the Matrix balanced. If you eliminate Neo, then that leaves -1 (unbalanced). When Smith took over Neo, it was unbalanced. The machines used some sort of program to destroy Smith through Neo.

((The_Anomaly))
i dissagree, i think that the machienes did nothing, it was the -1 and 1 thing, the balanced equation, both cancel each other out..

The Innkeeper
Smith needed to be deleted, to be deleted you need to return to and touch the source.

When smith, smiddied neo up, and neo was plugged into the source and he had the same smith code in him now, they were able to delete all smiths...

yeah?

Cyclops
Smiths purpose was to kill Neo. By copying him, he killed Neo. Smiths purpose was finished, therefore he was not necessary.

Agent Elrond
That's what I said, in less words

The Unknown
No, you said that when Neo was taken over, that balanced the equation. That unbalanced it.

angiel
not everybody smith copied had the same strength and abilities. the copies vary with each person. ie. the abilities of your smith copy will be different from my smith copy. and for the duration of the trilogy (until the point of smith taken over the oracle), smith was the lesser of the two (neo and him). it took the oracle's and smith's combined "powers" to surpass neo.

Superfly4000
1+-1=0

The Unknown
Exactly. So until Smith copied over Neo, the equation was balanced. Because only Smith (-1) remained after Neo was gone.

fun matrix
Neo when takes the red pill (red or saffron in many traditions represent knowledge...color of fire....red..purification) and blue is the color of illusion (like blue sky, blue ocean). this is the meaning of red pill and blue pill.

To take the blue pill means to accept the illusion as real and continue in that state.

To take the red pill means the willingness to wake up...to know the reality of this world. Morpheus is like a spiritual master guiding Neo to wake up by giving the choice....

Taking the red pill....neo for the first time experiences reality of the world. He sees a mirror in front of him. He is been exposed to his "Self" (soul, atma, cosnciousness whatever you want to name it). In that reflection he sees many layers of relfections....the melting liquid is that consciousness state which engulfs him....we find next the spiritual rebirth of Neo....beautifully shown in the way he comes ou nakes, breaking the placental like white cover...and comming out through the birth cannal and suffocating like a new born nude baby....

Its a beautiful symbolism...and everytime I discuss matrix i feel that rebirth in me. It is very interesting to read about the hidden meanings of matrix,, i read recently these in abook journey to the source decoding matrix trilogy at matrixjourney.com

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.