Final Fantasy 7....There's still hope

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Yassin
http://etherphoria.topcities.com/games/rants/ff7secrets.html

You got to check this site out...LMAO!! hahahahahhaha damn really it's worth it (also the comments)

SaTsuJiN
Hmm, interesting.... do you think they work? rofl.. fighting the turks at the end... sheesh Im just hoping they do an ff6 remake or at least a redone ff7... then I'll be happy

moonwalker741
final fantasy 7 sux so much major ass..final fantasy 3 n 6 were the best...

MW741
stick out tongue

archangel_I_am
how can you hate final fantasy 7!!!~~~~???? i just dont see how its possible i mean without sephiroth it would be just another mediocre game but he gave it that push

JKozzy
Without Sephy there wouldn't be a game stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
ugh... how many silver haired trenchcoat wearing fools are in anime alone? I mean jesus, how can he possibly own the story. The other characters contributed a good chunk of that game, or else it'd be "Look at me, filthy whelps! *summons meteor* *earth dies*" The End~ Thanks for playing FF7! big grin

Robo-Chocobo
OMG NOOB. DUDE FF3 and 6 were the SAME THING. (unless you mean the nes japan only ff3)

FF6 BEST FF EVER

FF7- eh it had a cool plot...not much else....

archangel_I_am
im still with ff7 and your right about the characters satsujin but would there be a plot without sephiroth? i mean without him its kill president shinra kill rufus boom done i mean thered be no weapons no nothing cloud wouldnt even be in the story without him

Lord Ryugen
Yep. The story pretty much revolves around our favourite silver hair psycho. Probably why it did so well.

archangel_I_am
exactly why it did so well..........if sephiroth was alive id be like one of his followers....even if he is a little phsycho........id still try to get meteor to hit earth by all means

Lord Ryugen
Get in line Archangel, there's an army of people who'd be disciples of Sephiroth. But considering the the way he treats those black robed clone dudes I'll go for just worshiping the ground he walks on.

archangel_I_am
what a line it is *looks as far as the eye can see..... sneaks into the front* yea he does treat them kinda porely but hey if in ff7 ac its sephiroth in the wheel chair id be a silver haired man trying to revive him if thats the plot

'Vegeta'
FF worst Series Ever

archangel_I_am
i accept your oppinion you must be a all guns real life kinda games like navy seals implus its not a series ... series all have the same charactersor some of the same characters and a close matching plot soi i dont think its a series......ff7 us going to be a series after advent children

BackFire
FF7, and Sepheroth are both over rated. Both get praise they should not get. Sepheroth gets praise as some ultimate villian, he is not. They developed him horribly. It seems they got lazy at one point in the game and just left him out of th estory for a good chunk, then they were like "oh shit, we forgot about Sepheroth...get him back in there, and make the player hate him as quickly and easily as possible. So they had him kill Aeris.

He had no personality, he was just some quiet, cold, generic villian. Now, if you want to see an ultimate villian in action, Kefka, from FF6 takes the cake. He's the most hateable villian ever to grace a video game. The final battle between Kefka and the good guys has more tension then any other moment in a video game.

archangel_I_am
ok first of all aerith was in that place because of sephiroth he was connected tp the city of the ancients and she went there basically knowing he was there and then well .......he killed her. and dont say he has no personality couse then your not paying atention because you learn so much about his troubled soul that its not even funny.....

moonwalker741
final fantasy 7 sux!

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/sniper.gif FF7

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/notworthy.gif FF3 n 6

Lord Ryugen
True. You've got to look deep to see the full s***ness of Seph's past but once you have you can forgive him everything except killing Aerith.

Yakuza Princess
I suppose you can forgive anything, except killing Aeris.

Lord Ryugen
I could probably forgive that for the right price wink

Yakuza Princess
Two quid do?

Lord Ryugen
That'll work I'm listening to the entire FFVII soundtrack with piano and orchestral versions of certain songs. I'm so content you could of bought me off with a penny.

Yakuza Princess
I'm listening to the Black Mages.Our computer recently got hooked up to the internet but I've found out it won't downlaod mp3s. So I can only listen to it on the library computers where I only have an hour, if I'm lucky. Today I happen to be very lucky.

Lord Ryugen
Nice. cool

Yakuza Princess
Yup! I'm listening to Clash on the Big Bridge and tring not to head bang along to the music.

Lord Ryugen
Ah just bang along anyway. If anyone trys to stop you let them listen and they'll start banging too.

Yakuza Princess
Nah! I'm one of these shy people. Except when it comes to forums. Man i'm such a nerd. I'm not as shy as I used to be. But when it comes to headbanging in a public library, I'm shy!

Lord Ryugen
Okay are you a clone of me? Until two years ago I was too shy to even subscribe to a forum.

Yakuza Princess
Usually I just subscribe to a forum to get whatever link it is I'm after, this is the only forum where I've actually stayed.
And I can't be a clone of you. I'm a girl. I know it doesn't sound like it but I am. Or am I? cool *twilight zone music plays in the background*

archangel_I_am
id forgive him for it if he let me borrow that sword.....>drool< or if he talored an outfit that fits me just like his

Lord Ryugen
Dear God!! Not the Twilight Zone AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

archangel_I_am
do DO do DO do DO do DO d DO do DO

Lord Ryugen
MAKE IT STOP!! I'M TOO YOUNG TO GET CONFUSED BY WEIRD PLOTS!!!!

BackFire
Exactly, that's the problem, and that's why Sepheroth is a shitty villian. He's one of those "tortured souls" who has reason to act the way he is. A villian, in the true sense of the word, should be someone you hate purely by the end of the story, as was the case with Kefka in FF6.

Villians like Sepheroth don't work well because you don't develop hatred for them, thus making the final battle with him meaningless and boring, as opposed to the outstanding final battle with Kefka, which was filled with so much tension you could cut it with a knife.

I also never said that Sepheroths story was never developed. It was, but not well. He was a psuedo-villian, and that was the problem. When I say he had no personality, I meant simply that he was boring, and a typical villian. Cold, quiet, and "tortured", I found him to be very simple and quite over rated.

And as far as him killing Aeris goes, as I said before, I think they just threw it in after they realized that they left him out of the story for a long ass time. So they needed an easy way to get the player to develop hatred for him fast, and what easier way then killing off the main characters love interest? I never said it didn't go with the story, I never said it was random, I just said it was done too simply build as much hatred for him as quickly and as simply as possible.

The bottom line, Sepheroth is over rated, Kefka is under rated.

archangel_I_am
listen first of all never played final fantasy 6 couse every time i play a final fantasy i always end up comparing it to 7. and how much better 7 is if thats your opnion fine but i still think hes a better villain couse you can hate him if you choose to they let you have a choice thats like saying that him killing that giant snake when you basiccally die trying near the chocobo farm (unless you level up majorly) is not cool at all in fact it was extremely cool seeing the snake on that pole that was badass right there.

BackFire
If you've never played FF6 then how can you know FF7 is better? FF6 is known by many many people (not just gamers, but most critics as well) as the best FF game ever released.

The fact that you haven't played FF6 disolved any credibility you could have in the subject of Sepheroth being a better villian then Kefka. Play both games, then come back and tell me who is better. Kefka is undeniably more evil then Sepheroth. Actually, just for the hell of it, I will list the major villianous things both Sepheroth and Kefka did in their games.

Sepheroth: Killed Aeris....that's about it. There's more but the development of the the character relied soley on that event, so the other actions of Sepheroth become meaningless.

Kefka: Poisoned the drinking reservoir for an entire city, killing all of it's inhabitants, including one of the main characters wife and son.

Killed one of the main characters love interest (this isn't quite as big a deal as it was in FF7, because the main love interest of this character isn't a main character, but it still gets teh job done)

Killed his boss, thus taking control of his federation, which at the time was basically in control of the world. So basically Kefka takes over the world.

And finally, (and this is a big one) he pretty much destroys the world and turns it into a wasteland.

There are also many many more that I can't remember, due to the fact that I haven't played the game in quite a few years. But as you can see, there's no way Sepheroth can stand up to someone as blatantly evil as Kefka.

Needless to say, at the end of the game when you fight Kefka, it's the most tension-filled moment I've ever experienced in a video game.

archangel_I_am
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!!! HE KILLED PRESIDENT SHINRA HE STOLE JENOVA KILLED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN THE PROCESS SUMMONED METEOR KILLED AERITH SUMMONED ALL THE WEAPONS (my favorite one is ruby weapon such a badass!) AND HE ALMOST GOT AWAY WITH IT!!!! YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FINAL FANTASY 7 AND I DONT HAVE TO PLAY EVERY FINAL FANTASY TO HAVE A FAVORITE COUSE IVE PLAYED ALOT OF THEM AND ALL OF THEM SEEMED BORING (except mystic quest) COMPARED TO FF7, SO I DONT GIVE A FLYING F*** WHO KEFKA IS....IMPLUS SEPHIROTH HAS A COOLER NAME TOO. OH YEA AND BIZARRO SEPHIROTH KICKED ASS!!! (excuse my french

archangel_I_am
sephiroth also killed tifas father and convinced the main character that his life was pointless as to the fact of him being a clone and hes got the greatest weapon ever seenand he has silver hair

archangel_I_am
would you also like me to quote the kingdom hearts strategy guide?

BackFire
Sepheroth was also hella weak. He was the easiest boss I ever fought.

Also, all of those things you mentioned are novelties, at best. None of them mattered and still pale in comparison to the things Kefka did.

I know plenty about FF7, I played it several times, along with all FF games. You have not. In fact, you haven't even played the one that's generally known to be the best. So if anyone doesn't know what they're talking about, it's you. At least I've played both games in question, which is more then you can say.

Also, the fact that you site Mystic Quest as the only other one that wasn't "boring" just hurts your argument, that's the worst FF game ever. It's known as simply a joke and nothing more for most people.

archangel_I_am
ehhhem

after sealin the keyhole to hollow bastion, a mystery match appears in phils list of options. this is thwe platinum match and you must defeat only one opponent to win. this enemy is quite possibly he most malignant and powerful villainthat squere soft has EVER created. sephioth has returned

archangel_I_am
ok first of all i diddnt say mystic quest was good it was just interesting story it was right up there with earth bound abd zelda for super nintendo
second of all you dont know how many final fantasys ive played ive played most of themn 6 is like one of two i havent played
3rd of all stop trying to change my god damned mind

BackFire
Woopty-doo, keyword is "quite possibly", as in maybe he's the most powerful villian square has ever created. That statement means nothing and could be said about any of the villians in any FF game. Tehy could all "quite possibly" be the most powerful villian ever created.

However, in looking at who's more powerful, you must look at what they achieved (kefka and sepheroth). Kefka actually destroyed the whole world, he killed millions of people in the process and wanted to kill more. Sepheroth, never succeeded in what he was trying to do, Kefka did succeed. The is more proof then anything of how powerful Kefka was.

archangel_I_am
oph yea he was also easy for me....but only with my characters at level 99 all there ultimate weapons and there final limit breaks

archangel_I_am
but the villauin winning craps up the stor line

archangel_I_am
its boring if the villain wins couse then what youve done is in vain

BackFire
I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm just proving you wrong. Whether or not you believe it is irrelevant.

But all joking aside, you really should play FF6, it's an outstanding game, there's a reason why it's considered the best FF game ever released. Do yourself a favor and check it out, you're missing out on one hell of a game.

archangel_I_am
i dont want to because ill end up casting it aside like most ff games i play just another waste of mony...i hate it when the bad guy wins no matter how cool and powerful they are they still should at least lose against the good team

BackFire
Worked well in FF6, he didn't necessarily win, but he achieved alot of his goals. By the end of the game he was ruler of the world, he had turned the world into a wasteland (there were still cities and such, just the world was all messed up). Had he achieved his goal he wouldn't have been killed in the end. The point was that he succeeded in taking control of the world for quite some time, where as Sepheroth never even came close

archangel_I_am
and whoever is wrong depends on whop you are i think sephiroth is better you think kefka is better there is no wrong!!!

archangel_I_am
sephiroths goal was not to take over the world

BackFire
Kefka hurt the world more then Sepheroth ever did, thus making him a better, more powerful villian.

archangel_I_am
implus every villain trys to take over the world...its kinda boring. sephiroth merely tried to rid the world of inpuritys by making a meteor crash onto the earth. he also wanted to destro the promised land

BackFire
Indeed, but the point is-Kefka came closer to achieving his goal then Sepheroth did.

archangel_I_am
he diddnt want to hurt the world in his opinion he was healing it dong some good to it

archangel_I_am
so? you dont always succeed implus did they make a movie of ff6?

archangel_I_am
no in fact they brought back the main villain who died and he is probably the cause to the scar scar syndrome

BackFire
I don't see what making a straight to video movie has to do with anything. It's because FF7 was hte most popular and mainstream FF game ever released, by no means does that make it better.

archangel_I_am
it got the most ratings and if you read most of the critics say sephiroth was the best villain theyve ever seen and critics say that about kefka but not as much

archangel_I_am
oh and they made a movie because people diddnt think it was fair that ff 10 got a sequel and ff7 diddnt if ff6 is so popular then why diddntit get a sequel?

BackFire
I've never seen any critics say that. Kefka was rated as one of the top villian of all time (in any game) in EGM a few years back.

archangel_I_am
same as sephiroth

archangel_I_am
my freind matt diddnt even know who sephiroth was and i showed him a little biography and he said he was the best over any ff villain hed ever seen and hs played them all including chrono trigger

BackFire
You're friend's played all the FF games and he didn't know who sepheroth was? i find that hard to believe. And if that's true, then he just loses more credibility, since he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about if he doesn't even know who sepheroth is.

archangel_I_am
i meant except 7 he heard of 7 he just diddnt play it he barely has time for games anymore....its sad realy

Yakuza Princess
Poor guy.

Lord Ryugen
That's terrible.

archangel_I_am
yea i was gonna try blackmail to make him find time but theres nothing on the guy!!!! oh well hell remai gameless and boring...........its a sad american day when the best of gamers just give up on there favorite games sad sad day

Lord Ryugen
Bows head and weeps silently.

jesusmonkey777
ittl be ok ryugen....ittl be ok. *pats ryugen on the back

Lord Ryugen
Drys tears. Thanks Jesusmonkey. I will weep no more for your friend. He is gone to us now.

jesusmonkey777
YES HE IS JUST DUST IN THE WIND (I LOVE THAT SONG) oops i left caps on

Yakuza Princess
You have a habit of that, don't you?

jesusmonkey777
it really does seem so.........my keyboard is brokin

Lord Ryugen
Same here. The keys keep getting stuck.

Yakuza Princess
My computer keeps getting " and @ mixed up. We know it's the computer because we're on our second keyboard.

Lord Ryugen
Well nothing's perfect I suppose.

Yakuza Princess
If it was I'd have a lifetime supply of things I love.
Pizza, chocolate, internet time...........

Lord Ryugen
LMAO! That would rock.

Yakuza Princess
That's why I said it.

Lord Ryugen
Mmm! Infinite chocolate.

Yakuza Princess
And internet time! Don't forget the all important internet time.
And to stay on topic: FF7 is so cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.