What Anime Should I Get¿?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

'Vegeta'
Hey i want to get an Anime movie but i do not know what one i should get I really liked Akira but any others that you know of that are good list below and please give a brief desription of the plot/movie if possible

bardock
cowboy bebob is a good anime and film.

BlackHatDefect
hmm i said this one another thread.

assuming you like DBZ and Akira
try Hellsing,its Resident Evil meets Blade thing.
or Saiyuki,the god of shounen fantasy anime

and last Angel Sanchuery
its terribly contriversial(EX-anti-Christan themes,incest,homosexuality,xdressing)
very sad
its got action,suspence,blood/fighting,romance ect
its one of the best anime/manga in the world.AS gives you a new look at all the things that society tells us to hate,and how far love can really go.
this is the one you should try in my opinion,its amazing!

Gregory
A movie, not a show? You might try Ghost in the Shell; I didn't like it that much, but a lot of people think it's a classic. Metropolis is also very good.

WindDancer
Here are some suggestions:

Ninja Scroll: Great animation, Ninja fights, Some sexual adult scenes and pretty good storyline.

Wicked City (1993) For centuries, a secret peace treaty has existed between Earth and the Black World, a parallel dimension populated by shape-changers possessing awesome supernatural powers. Very gore fill with scenes of drug abuse, sexual scenes, and lots of profanity.

Spriggan: Great animation and plenty of ethical arguments regarding life death. Involves Archeology and adventure with plenty of Sci-fi. Not too violent, but it is rated R.

Grave of Fireflies: One of the most saddest stories in anime. The story takes place after WWII Tokio. A must see, but it really has a very strong storyline. The characters are well done and the animation is pretty cool.

Reborn Again
Ranma 1/2
Guyver
Grave of the Fireflies
Street Fighter II the movie
Fatal Fury the movie
Gundam Wing box set
Jih-Ron
Escaflowne box set

And those are just for starters.

Joker1237
Dont forget
Vampire Hunter D 1985
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

There both preety good films, even though I like the first film better.

Cat Girl Sheryu
and agian i'm going with X

el barto
Akira

Samurai X- Trust & Betrayal

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Princess Mononoke

Ah! My Godess

Reborn Again
Princess Mononoke is a must. How could I forget that one?! X is questionable. If you enjoy dark and sadistic anime with no true plot development, then yes, get X. IMO I think Cowboy Bebop is an immature anime filled with trite humor and a stupid main character. I have not seen Vampire Hunter.

BlackHatDefect
yeh i guess Mononokes ok,very sad though....VHD was kinda stupid ...

I still go with Angel Sanchuery though,although i bet no one here has seen it..its really popular in Japan,but what can i say...Americans are idiots LMFAO!

Reborn Again
Good thing I'm Canadian. LOL

Arachnoidfreak
Actually, its more like...America gets everything 3 years after Japan does.

Shoelace
well its not a movie but i really like trigun

<<Solo>>
Ninja Scroll
Cowboy Bebop: The Perfect Sessions (Limited Edition)
Yu Yu Hakusho - The Movie - Poltergeist Report ( From what I remember it cusses a lot.)
Akira
X:Eight
Gundam Seed

Reborn Again
And Canada gets it 5 years after. confused

fungrl515
well, it depends on if you want movies or shows. if you just want a 'quick' type of thing that doesn't take very long to get the whole story and is bascially a movie, i suggest the classics: Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Metropolis, Spirited Away, princess Mononoke, etc. Most people put movies that you have to have seen the series before you see the movie. I guess if you want a kind of rough summary of a series put into a movie, go for my personal fav the Vision of Escaflowne. The movie's art is very different from the series', and it basically packs the whole series into like 2 hours. still, if you don't want to spend 100 billion hours watching a series, then go for the classic ones.

but, if you want a very good, well-developed story, go for the series. all of the ones mentioned (except DBZ) are great.

maverickeagle
i would go with Akira. but there also is Patlabor 1 the movie (kind of similar 2 Akira, it hard 2 find though), Macross II the movie (this 1 is very hard 2 find compare 2 Patlabor 1 the movie, it also is similar 2 Akira but with a pit more romance and action) and Macross Plus the movie ( same as Maccross II the movie, but more romance), Mobil Suit Gundam Char's Counterattack (that as similar as the other 1s i said already, but more action and 2 rivals fight 2 the death), Mobil Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz the movie ( not as hard 2 find than Patlabor 1 the movie and a chain of events that leads the world from dictatorship at the end, and really showing the bad guy). that what i would go with. need any other type of info just pm me ok.

soundtrack
1. gundam wing: endless walts (the story starts with relena getting kidnapped and hero and duo go out to save her the only other thing i can tell you without telling the movie is that its about the gundam guys trying to stop maria maya. the animation is very good and the storyline is really good aswell. it is one of the animes i would reallly recommend even if you have never seen the series.)2. cowboy bebop: the movie (terrorist attacks strike a highway leaving people in like a 3 mile radius being hospitalize and dead. spike and the gang have to find this bounty head which is worth 300 million $ (i think...its alot). while watching this great story and animation the gang will have to catch the bounty while running into military forces, spke into beautiful women, and ed and ein on a halloween trick or treat run.lol smile this really is a great movie and u should see this one even if u have to watch it through ur neighbors window. lol) 3. princess mononoke (i dont really know how to explain this one...except for that it deals with forest spirts and the spirit of everything ?i think? a boy is cast from his village b/c he has like a plague? and journeys far away (and this plague thing on his arm is spreadign but is making him killer strong! the story is very good ( bad explaination though) there are alot of good sences and its something that every anime lover should see at least once) 4. dragonball z: movie 13 (this is my favorite dbz movie. its set in time right b4 trunks gets his sword (it actually tells and shows u how he gets it). its about a giant monster that eats people and there is a warrior who can suck the monster into his body through a flute ( the best/ hotest/ coolest dbz warrior in my eyes). he is the one with the sword his name is tapion/tabion (subbtitles spelling?)anyways you see goku doing ss3 and a new movie called something like dragon fist? ithink? anyway this is one of my all time fav movies i recommend it with 3 out of 4 stars.

silverdragon10
1.trigun
2.evangelion
3.love hina

ALUCARD_HELL
HELLSING

soundtrack
agreed (love crispin freemans voice love )

Lord-Sesshomaru
Kaena: The Prophacy was alright

Dark Mousy
By my name and the rest of my avatar and sig...

1.D.N Angel!
2. Evnagelion!
3.Rahxephon!

soundtrack
cowboy bebop
gundam wing
escaflowne
hellsing
saiyuki
{and i gots plenty more stick out tongue }

sailormoon
Cowboy Bebop movie
Endless Waltz*
Maybe you could try out The Sailor Moon movies: Hearts in Ice and Promise of the Rose or the other one big grin

grey fox
yuk those films suck try vampire hunter d bloodlust (lots of gore ,cool one liners ,good animation)

guyver out of control (is incredibly rare to find but easy to get if you have a file sharing program)

or if you're going for a series try Bio booster armor guyver (gory with good storyline a little short though )

hellsing (english version) (major gore with some sexual scenes brilliant dialogue by main character good animation )

ruroni kenshin (heard good things about this)

one piece (japanese) (some violence not much gore good characters with a kick ass story lien and over the top wackiness)

Furi kuri (fooly cooly) (the funniest weirdest aniem ever some violence and slight sexual scene si think )

Trigun (violent but funny very humorous lines)

tenchi muyo (some people say it great but personally i think it's dog feces)

ranma 1/2 (good but get's a little repetitive after a while)

dragonball z (very violent but slightly weak storyline)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.