Harry's OWL's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patronus
How do you think Harry did in his OWL's? I am concerned for him since he has to receive Outstanding in Potions in order to become an auror. Also, it seemed that Harry struggled a bit in some areas during the exams. How do you think he did on each test? Here's my list...

Defense Against the Dark Arts -- O
Transfiguration -- E
Potions -- O (I think the only reason he does bad in potions in school is because Snape makes him nervous.)
History of Magic -- A
Divination -- P
Care of Magical Creatures -- E

And there may be a few others that I can't think of right now. What do you think?

hotsauce6548
i dont remember the grading list... will somebody tell me?

BingaBonga
O - outstanding smile Sorry, that's all I really know. Sorry.

shaber
I would think;
DADA O at the least.
CoMC-E/O
Herbology-E
Potions-E, but then the requirement for the Potions set is Oconfused
Charms-E
Transfiguration-E
If they take distractions into account he might just scrape through Astronomy, but he will fail History of Magic and Divination.

Pass Grades:
O = Outstanding
E = Exceeds Expectations
A = Acceptable

Failing grades:
P = Poor
D = Dreadful
and T = Troll, though that grade might not exist.

Scar
Patronus, Shaber> What makes you both so sure that Harry is going to become an Auror?

I dont think he will get 'O' in Potions. (I am sorry)

Defense Against the Dark Arts -- O
Transfiguration -- E
Potions -- A
History of Magic -- A
Divination -- P
Care of Magical Creatures -- E

Padfoot15
He might get an O in potions, because Snape wasn't there during the test to annoy him. cool

celestial_moon
he said he thought about being an auror. but it's not confirmed yes

doejoecricket
DADA - O ~ obviously

Care of MC - E ~ he was so determined to please Hagrid

Potions - O ~ heheh, it'll be no fun without Snape wink

Charms - E ~ he did pretty good in it

Tranfiguration - E ~ he did fine, besides, he needs it for Auror

Divination - T ~ big grin haha, he informed the examiner that he/she (can't remember) out to have died last Tuesday! HAHHA

History of Magic - P ~ that, or he'll get a D, because, well Prof. Binns!

Herbology - E ~ only a single bite, not too bad

DracosGirl
i cant see harry failing anything too badly, he is a bright kid and is probably awarded points for everything he has done with voldemort, i mean, that shows he is strong and clever doesnt it

shaber
That could only be counted as "Extra Curricular Activities!" The Patronus was worth a bonus point however.

DracosGirl
I guess but what wizard employer out there isnt going to want to employ Harry Potter?
He'll get a job no problem, he could probably do whatever he wanted when he left school

Patronus
I think that Harry might have a natural talent for potions that he has not been able to find yet because Snape is always breathing down his neck in that class. That day when Snape did not bother him at all (but then "accidentally" broke his potion by pushing it off the table) Harry felt he did atleast an E job.

Scar
But the book tells us that he didnt do the Potions paper as perfectly as the DAtDA's.

Ancalagon
Troll laughing out loud

DracosGirl
i dont think he will get a T for anything tho

Ancalagon
lol neither me

i dont even think T exists

LadySlytherin
i agree i mean...harry has to get an O in potions yeah? because he wanted to be an auror and snape only takes O's into his NEWT classes

shaber
And I wouldn't have thought that JKR would ditch the character now.

angelsflame265
the only thing (beside Divination) that I think Harry didn't get a wonderful grade in was History of magic and maybe Astromany (i know thats not spelt right. . .) but nither of them is needed for him to become auror i don't think

LadySlytherin
yea thas rite! he said he had only filled in 2/3 of his astronomy chart b/c he was watching hagrid, so the highest he could get is probably a 67%...not very good is it? =[ btw shaber...what character are you talking about?

angelsflame265
I think snape

But they might cut harry (and other people) some slack on the astronmy test cause of what happened that night.

Secosera_TD
He said he only did about 2/3 correctly, the rest he filled in with guesses, he coulda got lucky and pulled a higher %

Abbita
hmmm, what if hermione gets an A or E for one of her subjects laughing out loud

Beyond_Batman
Hmmm About the Auror thing... I cant remember her name but the lady who wrote bad articles on harry in newspapers! So they might beileve it and there were thousands of articles on how Harry fainted on lessons so now the (whoever tests Aurors) doesnt want someone who can faint any minute when his scar hurts. The lady also said that Harry has brain injuries (THat Biatch!!)

angelsflame265
I don't even think most of the public remembers those articles now. . .

Secosera_TD
Also, with Voldemort out in the open at the end of the 5th book, everyone believes Dumbledore's and Harry's story, so they know Rita and the Daily Profet was twisting words and lying

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.