Would You Want The OT DVDS......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moonwalker741
would you rather have the special edition ot or the original ot for the new dvds...i no its gonna be the special edition ones but, if u could change it or wouldnt, wut would u pick

i would like to hav the original ot on dvd, not the ones gl tampered with in 97'.....jus highly restored (picture wise), n surround sound quality

§pearhead
I have the original original trilogy on VHS, and actually haven't seen the Spec. Edition of any yet, so I'd get SE just to see it for the first time.

Hit"Em"Up
i'd have to say both to be honest.

moonwalker741
^ yeh that would be cool, like on each disk its like play the original or the special edition, or do u mean 4 diff box sets? (ORiginal OT WS, ORiginal OT FS, Special Eidtion OT WS, and SPecial Edition OT FS) ?

Baylin
Yeah I'd have both!

Hit"Em"Up
have the original dvd set but with alternite scenes.

Sith Master X
Special edition for me.

SMX
cool

OB1-adobe
I would want the orignals for collectors value. But I would hold the new totally revamped versions as the official 4-6.

Jedi Priestess
I have the originals on VHS and I will buy the SE on DVD in Sept, but I do wish I had the original UNaltered OT on dvd as well then I could dump the tapes.

Sith Master X
I got them all on tape as well, though I missing the last 5 minutes of ROTJ, I have seen the ending of it in the past several times, but it's been a while so I'm looking forward to seeing it again on DVD.

SMX
cool

Corran
Having the OT on tape means I'm OK with getting the SE on DvD, the DvD's always have extra's anyhow so may as well include the extra scenes.

shadow225588
well if you go to amazon pppl are mad about it not being orginal but if u dont alredy have the orginals on VHS then your not a star wars fan so im glad its the speacil edition

Corran
I've pre-ordered it on Amazon already, I did so in April and you've just reminded me big grin

Fire
I have the OT on VHS 2 times and the special edition on VHS once

Corran
That's just greedy.

Darth Maverick
i'll have special edition, but i would most like the special special edition, so the prequels are connected with the OT more

Xam
i have the OT on vhes(1977 version) and there is another version of them(diffirent package)...have tem also.I also have the special edition twice....

vvvrulz
I would have both playback options, defaulting on the SE. When are these bloody OT DVD's coming out anyway.

Jedi Priestess
I bought the OT when it first came out on tape.....for example ANH when it was just called Star Wars, released on VHS in 1982. They are about shot tho. sad Then I bought the boxed set when they were retitles with the roman numerals.

yerssot
are you sure the edition of ANH in 1982 was still called Star Wars?
I mean, when ESB came out, they changed the opening scroll I thought?

Jedi Priestess
Hmmmmm lemme show you a pic of the box BRB

Jedi Priestess
ok it looks like this except it doesnt say video rental library on it

http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/sw1_lg.jpg

yerssot
funny, I have the same one saying A New Hope big grin

ah well, I stand corrected

Jedi Priestess
dont know. I do know I wish I could put my hands on one exactly like this that hasnt been played to the point of exhaustion like mine has. sad

yerssot
why just touch it?

CConn882
1. Boy, were video boxes crappy back in the day.

2. (back on topic) I'd definitely buy both. I can't wait for '07 and Lucas' completely changed versions, but I still love the originals.

Jedi Priestess
07?

CConn882
I'm sorry, it was typo. The "Ultimate Editions" I was referring to are rumored to be coming out in 2006.

Jedi Priestess
oh now see that I wont buy
never been big on extra stuff........just gimme the film lol

Jedi Priestess
ok going to change my sig a tad brb

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.