BEST song ever made!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

m!$hA
not your favourite song....the best song...the one with most meaning....and most point to it...the most depth....one that you can tell the artist really put in a lot of effort and heart into the song....not just a song they thought would sell heaps and all, a song they made for a cause!
whats your oppinion???
ive got three:
puff daddy - ill be missing you
2pac - changes
2pac - until the end of time

shellie
that would be : The Greatest Love of All by Whitney Housten

i get really emotional everytime i hear it .

have you heard it before ?

m!$hA
um, not sure.......also another song thats well written would be
Destiny's child - Emotions

Darth Revan
best song ever made... that's tough. If I had to pick what I thought was the best song in the last 15 years or so though... It would probably be RATM- Guerrilla Radio. Or a Tool song, but I can't pick one right now...

ClaraG

shellie
yeah that was well written but check out the greatest love of all by whitney houston . you wont regret it .

Df02
ill be missing you was originally by the police wasnt it? stick out tongue

Hit"Em"Up
best diss song is 2pac hit em up.

other best diss song is eminem's nail in the coffin.

i cant realy say a best song because theres way to many damn good artists out there.

Arachnoidfreak
Tupac - So Many Tears

KMC
the original version of 'i'll be missing you' is better version, by Sting.
Destiny's Child did not wite 'Emotions' The Beegees did.
And 'Nothing Compares to You' was written by Prince, also a better version.

Just my opinions...

Kate xx

Hit"Em"Up
2pac tear drops and closed caskets

HockeyHorror
Hit Em Up...your jokin right? Pac- Hit Em Up is not the greatest diss song. best diss song is Chino XL- Nunca...or basically anything by Chino XL. he's the greatest disser in hip hop. pac can't diss at all. watch how he dissed chino "chino xl **** u too"

thats it^ how weak is that

watch how chino xl dissed pac

here's a small part

"...2Pacalypse battling me is preposterous, wrapping my yellow hands around your esophagus, and your face turn purple like it was leeky leek, A nigga with one ball shouldn't speak, I grab my croch when I see 2pac, He needs police protection..."

but greatest song of all time is either
Immortal Technique- Dance WIth The Devil
or
Immortal Technique- You Never Know

Hit"Em"Up
bla bla bla

HockeyHorror
lol you know im right.

HockeyHorror
and just wanted to tell i am a big tupac fan. and im from Cali. smile

but u cant deny the truth.

Hit"Em"Up
hockey just drop it dude.

im not going to snap on you so just change the f*cking subject.

HockeyHorror
snap on me? ur not responding cuz im right. im not sayin pac is bad or anythin. he's great, but u cant just not look at the truth, because MObb Deep and Chino XL are better than pac.

Hit"Em"Up
w/e

VENOMfanFAN
So, back on topic here.

Greatest song ever made...

*ponders*

The End -> The Doors

Hit"Em"Up
im not responding because i dont wanna get banned for bashing.

VENOMfanFAN
... For no reason, I will finish your sig quote,

"We Bust on Bad Boys N****z F*** for life."

Arachnoidfreak
I have to add Nine Inch Nails - The Great Below and Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have

and Pearl Jam - Jeremy and Pearl Jam - Black

Guns & roses - Sweet Child Of Mine

HockeyHorror
Hit Em Up

you wont get BANNED for bashing. i've bashed soooo many people laughing out loud

and y would u bash when im right?

moonwalker741
how bout u guyz r both gay...

n my answer for the actual topic is..

We are the world - USA for Africa

and, Greenday - good riddance

Darth Revan
Now that I've been thinking about this for a while...

The best song EVER made is the Four Seasons by Vivaldi. stick out tongue

The best song in the last fifteen years or so (to me at least, and I know most people will disagree with me) is Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit. Don't get me wrong... Nirvana certainly aren't the best band in recent history... And they are definitely overrated. But Smells Like Teen Spirit is sort of the ultimate "I don't give a crap" song. It's just rock at it's best.

Montross
Paradise Skies by Max Webster

<<Solo>>
AC/DC- Highway To Hell
Beastie Boys- Brass Monkey

moonwalker741
also Under Pressure - by Queen n David Bowie

ElectricBugaloo
Brass Monkey sin't even the Beasties best song

Hit"Em"Up
moon just because your questioning your sexuality dosent mean myself nor hockey is gay.

Hit"Em"Up
hockey i can give F*ck less what you think.

el barto
Train in Vain- The Clash

Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen

Bubba O'Rielley- The Who

My Generation- The Who

Behind Blue Eyes- The Who (They wrote so many great songs)

Howling At The Moon- The Ramones

I Wanna Live- The Ramones

Blitzkreig Bop- The Ramones

el barto
Their are alot more that I can't remember stick out tongue

Arachnoidfreak
Queen has better songs than Bohemian Rhpsody, though it is a great song. Queen friggin rocks.

el barto
I still love Rhapsody big grin

Arachnoidfreak
yea, but c'mon, Its a Kind of Magic, Princes of the Universe, We Will Rock You, We Are the Champions...they have a great number of unforgettable songs. But yes, Bohemian Rhapsody is up there, great song.

el barto
I know.... I really hate We Are The Champions and We Will Rock You. They are WAY to over used.

<<Solo>>
I know, I just couldn't think I'd have to go with Beastie Boys- B-Boy Bouillaske. or something like that.

<<Solo>>
Oh man Bohemian Rapsody is so frikking awesome.

el barto
yes

Arachnoidfreak
I know, but the beautiful thing about that is, only a small number of people even know that Queen made those songs. i could ask 20 random people who made those songs, and at least 17 will say "Uhh..."

ElectricBugaloo
that's cause 17 out of 20 people in the US are total dumbasses

HockeyHorror
its officially 18 out of 20 if u count Hit Em Up

smile

Darth Revan
laughing out loud

<<Solo>>
Good one. laughing

Hit"Em"Up
hockey why dont you shut up you f*ckin kid.

grow up try growing a sack.

oh wait i forget your a chick who likes using strap ons on your own mother.

m!$hA
he proli didnt write this song, but i love craig david - world filled with love

m!$hA
hit em up, wasnt it you who made the thred in otf saying sorry for bashing ppl??? so y start again? confused

Mighty Yoda
Best song made = The Darkness: Love is only a feeling

HockeyHorror
Ahahahahahahha Hit Em Up got OWNED!!! by Misha.

laughing out loud smile

Df02
to be fair on Hit he was just replying to your taunts

HockeyHorror
true

but ihave nothing against him as a person. just he believes something that is 100% false. smile

Df02
its obvious even to me he was wrong, but still....cant blame him for being simple wink

Spicy_Mchaggis
the best song with the most depth is-breaking the habit from linkin park
mike shinoda really wanted to do the song and it took 6 years to write, finalize, and produce. if you dont beleive just look at the lyrics. trust me.

Df02
cant see many ppl agreeing with u there Spicy

frodo_dude
best love song - toi

m!$hA
laughing yeah welll.....and to reply 2 wether he was "right" or "wrong"...of course hes neitha...but didnt it all start by hokey sayin 'ur not gonna get banned 4 bashin, i always do and i dont' or somethin, then hit em up sayd sometin like 'i dont give a **** wat u think'?? sometin like that!!!

Darth Revan
no expression.... laughing laughing laughing

Have you seen Big Fish? Do you remember the scene where Edward and the poet guy were sitting down by the pond, and the poet said he'd been working on the poem for twelve years, and all it said was "roses are red, skies are blue, Spectre is really great"? Well, that's like this Breaking the Habit song. Just because it took him 6 years to come up with it doesn't mean it's a good song roll eyes (sarcastic)

el barto
HA! Llaughing out loudL!!!

el barto
yes America is so single minded.

Df02
have to agree there, quite a closed-minded continent tbh sad

Spicy_Mchaggis
why is everyone on here so opinionated and close-minded?
who cares if you dont like lp? its till a good song.
i dont like rap, yet if its the only thing on ill try to listen to it with an open mind and try to find something positive. almost everyone on here is like: o my god its linkin park, then the song must suck horribly. actually listen to the song and try to find something positive about it. if you cant and you actually listened to the song, then write whatever you want about it. just because you hate the band, doesnt always mean you can hate the song.
cheers.

Darth Revan
I've listened to it. Too many times. Do you realize how many times a day they play that crap on the radio? Even if you like it, I honestly don't see how you can say that it's the best song ever made.

Darth Revan
oh and there is one good thing about it... the ending stick out tongue happy

HockeyHorror
laughing

moonwalker741
thers sumthing called sarcasm n jokes......sumthing u should rele relize in life....i no its rele hard to tell on the internet but u can always take a chyll pill first, no offense to both of u guys, i called u guys gay b'cuz it wuz rele annoyyin readin both of ur guys beefs in a stupid sub-argument on this thread......

HockeyHorror
not a stupid arguement. very serious. someone could have gotten hurt laughing out loud

Spicy_Mchaggis
i was trying to start shit.
besides, there is no "best song ever!"
its an argumentable opinion of what people think of songs that they think or believe is a good song. i dont need to waste more time arguing over a song that people like and dont.
if you still have a problem, you can shove it up your ass!

HockeyHorror
i have a problem still. but lets say i dont have an ass...what you gonna do about it?

Arachnoidfreak
actually, i have to change that. Basically any song Trent Reznor ever made has great meaning and shouldn't be left out. Yes, even the ones without lyrics.

beccaluvsjames
p diddy-ill b missing u!iotz da best fing eva doin a song 4 ur m8

Darth Revan
Do you speak English?

Black Onyx
thats such a rip off song he didnt even write that

Elvis Presley-Can't help falling in love

or

The Marcels-Blue Moon

Jason Wyngarde
patience-guns n' roses

scabby mcgee
Man, forget all of you guys. You've all dropped the ball on this one, the "Sponge Bob Squarepants Theme Song" is the anthem.

Don't get into meaning or anything like that, we Americans love songs that allow us to have brain dead joy. So embrace it, it's the greatest song ever, for right now atleast.

BlackHatDefect
Berry,by Dir En Grey.The lyrics scare the shit out of everyone iv showed it to.Its about a 5 year old who kills her parents.As degrating as it is,theres so much art/beauty in it,which makes it the best song of all time...

furryman
eek! SPONGEBOB SQAUREPANTS!

Fearnix
black sabbath-under the sun

oh by the way furryman this guys more punk than me

PunisherFan33
"Faceless" by Godsmack is probably the best song i have ever heard Happy Dance rock yes

Fearnix
OMG you need to hear more music Godsmack are shit well i think they are

golden moon
smells like teen spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!

nah yo...super mario theme song is officially the best song...super mario theme could rip sponge bobs pants off and kick his ass

ragesRemorse
behtoveens 9th is some of the best music ever concieved

ragesRemorse
my favorite song is the ghostbuster theme...who yu gonna call..ooh i love bustin.I wanna climax with a girl while that song is playing and that lyric comes up...ooh i love bustin

Victor Von Doom
No need for the disclaimer, they are genuinely shit.

Trust... your heart.

alic88
billie jean_ michael jackson!!!!!!!

YO THAT SONG RULEZ. I M SURE U HAF HEARD IT

Victor Von Doom
I can't speak for anyone else, but I haf.

LordMortis
lol trying to think without being biased to my metal roots :P my personal favorite song is sonne by rammstein as it was the first song that got me listening to heavy music, or Nemo by nightwish. However i think the best song ever written was every move you make by the police, excelent song wink

ElectricBugaloo
The Temptations--Papa Was a Rolling Stone
This song has attitude from teh very beginning. With the haunting bass line to the congos to (again) the string section, the song just oozes attitude. It's like being in an alley with a rival gang circling the last person. The singing is, of course, excellent coming from one of the best singing groups of the Motown era. The soul felt in the chorus tells of actual hurt felt. Every instrument is perfectly placed, the horns, the string instruments and the voices. Brilliant song.

Elton John--Tiny Dancer
Everything about the song sounds wistful and almost dreamlike. From the simple piano line to the orchestra coming in, it is just a truly brilliant song that builds and builds like a wave until it breaks with the brilliant, sing a long chorus (ala Almost Famous). You just want to sing along with a large group of people whenever this song comes on.

The Beatles--Yesterday
It's hard to pick only one Beatles song, but I tried to narrow it down to what I thought was their best. This song was amazing for two reasons: Paul McCartney wrote it almost like a Lennon song; it was the best of both worlds with the Beatles. The other amazing fact is that it was on the same album as "Help!" and "Ticket to Ride"; two totally different songs. It was simple, piano driven and had some nice string instrument accompaniment along with simple, again wistful lyrics.

I'll come back with some more in a little.

el_barto
*Looks at watch* It's been 11 days electric stick out tongue

Fearnix
your both wrong its the magic round about theme tune

black_reaper
I'm not really sure but my favorite song (Numb by Linkin Park) is really easy to realate to, especially if you're a teenager. Here are the lyrics to the second verse;

Can't you see that you're smothering me,
Holding tooo tightly, Afraid to lose control,
'Cause everything that you thought I would be,
Has fallen apart right in front of you,
Caught in the undertow, Just caught in the undertow
Every step that I take is another mistake to you,
Caught in the undertow, Just caught in the undertow,
And every second I waste is more than I can take.

And at another point in the song, Chester (lead vocalist) says:

And I know, I may end up failing to,
But I know, You were just like me with someone dissappointed in you.

I think that's one of the best songs ever, sound and lyrics-wise.

el_barto
I'm gonna Re-Make my list

See me, Feel me-&gt; The Who

Behind Blue Eyes-&gt; The Who

Wont Get Fooled Again-&gt; The Who

Pinball Wizard-&gt; The Who

Bohemian Rhapsody-&gt; Queen

Good Riddance-&gt; Green Day

Sea Anemone-&gt; Jets To Brazil

Drive-&gt; Incubus

That's it.

For Now stick out tongue.

ElectricBugaloo

el_barto
I didn't forget, I just didn't want to overdo it

_Sanctuary_
Boa - Duvet.. Usually I am more into rock music, but I love this song!

Phat J
im feelin prime right now, his best song for me atm is family ties

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.