{OFFICIAL THREAD} Rugby/Rugby League TALK!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

auror_chk
hey guys & girls big grin

this sports thread is for Rugby & Rugby League Talk....i have asked our MOD 'G.P' to merge the thread:

with this thread wink3

just make sure you stay on topic big grin

talk about up coming Rugby or League Games, Games that have already happend, players, post pics of Rugby or League Players and teams, anything and everything about Rugby and League..

if you want ask questions about the sport...goof

Have fun!!!

Is England Really the best ?

Hey everyone...

im from NZ and saw that there wasnt a topic on Rugby?? well i thought i should put out a topic and a question that concerns rugby minds...do you think England are going to hold on to that Championship??

LOL...well, i dont know aye since they got thrashed by the NZ All Blacks..TWICE!!.. (sorry i had to put that in caps)

well everyone has their opinions and if you know anything about rugby you should know that the ABZ do make it then break it at the end!!

what are your thoughts??

(lol shux i know all that up there ^^ sounds like my advertising something but im actually asking a serious question..)

Happy Dance Happy Dance

auror_chk
IS ENGLAND REALLY THE BEST??

well thats the question I put out to all those big rugby heads in the KMC community..

hey everyone..im from NZ and love rugby..i didnt find a thread about rugby so i thought id put one up..if thats okay with anyone??anyways im a big fan of the NZ ABZ and thought talking about the WORLD CHAMPS could bring out some people to talk about it...i love the England team but..last years England team..i think theyre just missing some of their star players..i know most of them are still injured but i think that might spice the team up more..

and what Clive Woodward said about Simon Shaw being sent off..well you know what i think...if not the ref was totally right...Simon Shaw deserved to be sent off for what he did to Kieth Robinson..

but i like Lawrence Dallaglio...lol

G.P
You've started two threads:that's once too many...but that's a good idea.

Merged.

auror_chk
sorry about that..i did one but then i didnt know if it went thru then i did another one..then when i saw the sports forum i saw both so i contacted the forum admin and asked them to delete one...

SORRY GUYS!!

G.P
no probs wink

fuct_up_kid
answer to the question : yes
plain and simple stick out tongue

Abbita
at the moment, england are playing like crap erm

auror_chk
yea they are...they were good last year but i dont know what happend...but the score for there last game to Australia was:

England 15 Australia 51

fuct_up_kid
yeah sad....they were good

Df02
at the time of the world cup we were unstoppable, no question.
kinda lacking as late tho

auror_chk
yea i agree with you there...they were unstoppable...does anyone think that maybe players like Johnny Wilkinson should have played with them if he had the chance to play???maybe it wouldve changed things??

Corran
Johnny would have made a difference but with the current Squad they would have still lost, they need to be a lot stronger than they are, the players they have lost since the world cup have weakened them considerable both the individual skills of those players and the whole team spirit and cohesion that they had.

auror_chk
thats true aye...i mean i dont wanna be rude because im a big ABZ fan...but their team did lack individual skill, support and their forwards werent as strong as the forwards that played in the world cup..the old England squad had alot of experience...and that totally showed!! at the end of all of it im totally happy that England got the World Cup and not the Aussies...lol.. eek! big grin

calenlass
hey guys... i decided to unearth this because im interested. the allblacks are THE best, no questions asked. boom. well, theyre the most fun to watch, anyway.... yah, so im interested in the sport (moreso than anything like baseball and football) but i dont know much about it, except that we play impromptu games all the time here at camp (people on staff on local teams). anyone know of any good, informative sites? or just care to talk about it?

~*Auror_Chk*~
oO ill talk to you about RUGBY!!! im a natural born KIWI (New Zealander big grin ) and i grew up with the sport all around me... smile

i just finished watching the All Blacks vs The Wallabies play for the Bledisloe Cup.... big grin the All Blacks won Yay... but Australia put up a good game...besides the fighting *rolls eyes* the score was 15 -7 to NZ smile

well calenlass theres alot of Rugby Sites out there....theres a All Blacks site if you havent seen it.... www.allblacks.com

so what do you want to know??? smile

vvvrulz
Haha I'll find my fellow kiwi's roaming around here no doubt.
I definately think that England are a one-trick pony. Take out Wilkinson (and Jason Robinson too i guess), and theyre a whole new lineup. Their backline wasn't penetrating to say the least, and they only took out the aussies at the world cup thanks to jonny's boot, not tries scored. Rugby is a game which involves tries and goalkicks, England can only master the latter.

~*Auror_Chk*~
yeap....theyll have to master that LATER big grin

i might have to MERGE this or ask for it 2 get MERGED into a actually RUGBY THREAD.....

hey VVV did you get the chance to chek out the all blacks vs wallabies in wellington...for the Tri Nations Cup????

vvvrulz
I sure did, poor conditions but we choked the aussies pretty good. They got very little useful posession. As always the All Blacks look as strong as ever, but as always, they choke in World Cup semi's.

~*Auror_Chk*~
shux that is soooooo right...i was watching the game with my family and half of us couldnt really watch it properly.....it was just toooo jumpy but when that first try was hit i was like *whew* lol....hey did you watch the Pacific Islanders vs Australia....lol that was some hard hitting aye!!! but i love watching games like that......

~*Auror_Chk*~
hey everyone big grin thanks to our MOD G.P...he has Merged both my RUGBY Threads together love@ G.P

thanks dude big grin

woooohooooo have fun with the rugby thread....

and remember the All blacks are playing the Springboks (Sth Africa this Saturday) **right now its 12.18am and its Tuesday morning so this Saturday coming up**

cant wait for that game to come around the corner.....

oh and the Pacific Islanders lost their game to the Sprinkboks sad its okay there a new team big grin

Happy Dance Happy Dance

vvvrulz
The Islanders rock.

The Aussie's definately felt their force.
Any league fans out there, im huge on that too.

~*Auror_Chk*~
well at the moment sad is it maybe.....the warriors are just shocking!!! their last game was choc full of flukes stick out tongue lol...unfortunately ive never supported the warriors...when they first played i couldnt stand to watch them....remember when they had their first game with the Brisbane Broncos and the broncos whipped their ass!! lol......i mean i wish them luck for the rest of their season or whateva they have left...but i dont really like them..
plus i think Monty Betham should just roll over and stay on the reserves and get Stacie to become captain!! but then again Stacie should just go to another team...ya know a better one cuz hes the man!!!! big grin

at the moment tho the NRL score board is like this:

1 Roosters
2 Bulldogs
3 Broncos
4 Panthers
5 Storm
6 Dragons
7 Raiders
8 Sharks
9 Cowboys
10 Knights
11 Tigers
12 Eels
13 Rabbitohs
14 Sea Eagles
15 Warriors

http://www.sportal.com.au/league.asp

got if from there ^^^

hey does anyone think they should put another kiwi team in the NRL or do you think the Warriors are enought???

@vvvrulez.......yea the Islanders do rock!!!! big grin

im glad to be one wink ahehe

hey did you see that big hit that K.Mealamu got?? shux that was right in the face and then he turned right around and started smashing him.....that was with the All Blacks vs Aussie game.....that guy got sent off.....
i saw another hit from i think the Rabbitohs game....i saw it on the news with a guy from the other team hooking the opposition for no reason and he didnt even have the ball....and cracked his cheek bone??? did anyone see that......i dont know if the Rabbitohs was one of the teams or not......if you know post it big grin lol

cmon all the ppls that visit this thread....remember ask questions or talk about anything that relates to Rugby or League....

lol its just me and my kiwi mate vvvrulez big grin

vvvrulz
It looks like its just us im afraid, lol.

Yeah the warriors are bloody terrible this year, I'm a huge fan of their's, they had an awesome season in 2002, unfortunately they collapsed big time. Betham is a crap captain, no more than a thug. Stacey Jones should be number one. I support the Bronco's, and the Storm. Can't stand the bloody Roosters though. Do you follow the State of Origin?

Yeah i saw Mealamu's hit, completely unnecessary. Shouldn't have been sent off. The Aussie coach (Eddie Jones) just doesn't shut up !! He is always making excuses, just live with that fact that your boys can't take the AB's. cool

I'm not sure about the cheekbone hit, i think it might have been the warriors game the week before. All Blacks and South Africa next, should be interesting (or a hiding).

~*Auror_Chk*~
lol@ afraid its just us...*rolls eyes*...guess so lol

@the Warriors... stick out tongue

the stage of origin....ooh not really aye..i mean i know about it but i dont follow it...thats weird aye, that i dont follow it!! lol well thats what i think... big grin

shux yea@ Eddie Jones...hes forever complaining!!! but what do you expect hes a frekin Aussie stick out tongue LOL nah sorry.... i mean sorry to the rest of the Aussies big grin @Mealamu...man that one hit didnt even bother him...he came right back on afterwards aye?? but that other guy whats his name Cannon or something....dont know what happend to him....

@the cheekbone hit..yea it was a league game but it wasnt the warriors game....i think it was a Rabbitohs game but i dont know who the other team was...he punched him right in the face out of the blue...it was cuz b4 that guys high tackled him earlier in the game and that guy got pay back or sum crap like that......anyways it totally damaged that guys face!!!

GOODLUCK TO THE ABZ ON SATURDAY big grin

but i dont think theyll need it wink is that game going to be played in Chrischurch????

hey vvvrulez....do you stay in the Nth or Sth island????? smile

vvvrulz
Good luck to the AB's, its in Christchurch yeah.

I'm from Auckland. Home of the Auckland Blues of course big grin
... and the Warriors. Musn't forget about them (they'll be back one day)

Haha, i hope thats not wishful thinking.

~*Auror_Chk*~
im from Auckland too....the Warriors be back??? i agree with you..hope thats not wishful thinking!! LOL...

GOODLUCK TO THE ABZ!!!

did you watch when Sth Africa came on the news..when they were talkin bout the all blacks..that was funny stick out tongue

~*Auror_Chk*~
oO well hi Rugby Fanz aka hey vvvrulez LOL stick out tongue

anyways WHO WATCHED THE RUGBY GAME ALL BLACKS vs SPRINGBOKS????

...ME ME ME....!!! big grin

oh man new zealand is sooo lucky they won....they played so sloppy during the 1st half...well they just played dayum sloppy through the whole game...thats what i think....South Africa on the other hand played BRILLIANTLY!!!...i know i know im a big ABZ fan but shux watching them that night made me a little angry miffed:

Sth Africas forwards were on to it!!!! thats all i have to say big grin lol

vvvrulz
Yeah, what a game that was !
When the final whistle blew, I kinda fell sorry for the boks. They defended their hearts out and the AB's never looked like scoring at all until that last minute. The Boks fluffed those two first half 'would be' tries as well. Had they kept their penalty count down, the would've won hands down, they were the better team on the night.

Anyway, thats one from one, now its time for the ol warriors to front up !!
They play the Canberra Raiders away, hope they can make it two from two.

~*Auror_Chk*~
lets just cross our fingers together for the Warriors aye vvv big grin

next game guys....

NZ WARRIORS vs CANBERRA RAIDERS - TONIGHT!!!

5pm - Sky One (...i think)
7 or 7.30 pm - Prime TV (...i also think)

**waves her Banner....GO THE WARRIORS MAKE US PROUD...PLEASE!! no expression**

G.P
Hey it's not our fault if there is no game in Europe at the moment wink and it's not mine if they never broadcast any game on TV in France roll eyes (sarcastic)

*waits sitting here for the next competition*

~*Auror_Chk*~
lol@ G.P.....yay a third person smile lol

lol we invite everyone into here....if you want to ask questions about the games its kool big grin

*grabs a seat next to G.P our MOD cool*

*ahem*

...update on the Warriors vs Raiders game...

the Warriors Lost!!! *cries* they could have won the game but they didnt..they went into extra time giving the Raiders a drop kick ending the score as 29 - 30 to the Canberra Raiders...

Hard Luck Warriors... sad

*grabs G.P and vvv and starts crying crybaby*

~*Auror_Chk*~
hey vvv whens the next game??? you can go this time lol stick out tongue

vvvrulz
lol Argh !!!
Downed at golden point, thats just gutting.
They have a bye this week, followed by the Bronco's at Ericsson. Should be a cracker.

Hey GP, I support the French rugby team, i think they have the potential to dominate the world.

Maybe the ol warriors will have some luck this time !!!

~*Auror_Chk*~
lets just hope!!!! big grin

G.P
Yes they really have a good potential big grin But last year the captain Fabien Galthier retired sad. Anyway they could really rock if Johnny Wilkinson didn't exist wink ; but if we play at home, we have our chance.

~*Auror_Chk*~
YAY Go France!!! big grin *ahem* go the ABZ no expression

vvvrulz
Their first-five, Frederik Michalak is a pretty good player. So is Christophe Dominici. They always had a strong backline, all they need is confidence i think. Yeah its a shame that Galthie is gone, he was a top player.

~*Auror_Chk*~
oO i dont know much about the France Rugby Team.....what are there stats so far in the Rugby World??

G.P
Well Final lost in the '99 WC against Australia
4th of the last WC (disappointment)
Winner of the VI Nations tournament (Fr, Eng, Irel, Scot, Wales, Italy) in 2002 & 2004, achieving both times the Grand Slam (5 victories in 5 games); 3th in 2003.

vvvrulz
Don't forget it was them so sent the AB's packing in '99 WC, after a second-half burst which came from nowhere. When this team in on a high, they're very hard to stop.

Auror Chk
Shux i havent been here for a while...Hey everyone big grin ive been working on something smile

anywayz the latest game i saw this weekend was:

SPRINBOKS vs AUSTRALIA

30-26 to Australia. Congratulations Aussie and Hard Luck Sth Africa. I really wanted Sth Africa to win but i guess that didnt happend. I think both teams did play at their best and the game was exciting. I guess it wasnt one of those games where you know whos gonna win aye. But yea congratulations.

What do you think vvv? erm

vvvrulz
South Africa were hard done yet again. Thats twice theyve lost in matches they should've one, poor blokes. Anyway, comin up this week is AB's versus Aussie and of course.... The Warriors versus The Bronco's !!

Go the AB's, go the Warriors !!

Auror Chk
hey vvv...

i totally agree with you they shouldve one but i guess the Aussies grabbed it again.. erm

But hey thanx for the input on the next games coming up...ive been a lil busy lately so i havent come on here much..

anywayz....

All Blacks vs Wallabies this Saturday big grin

Warriors vs Brisbane Broncos big grin

Go the Warriors & the ABZ smile

I HOPE THEY WIN!!! wink

vvvrulz
Haha what did ya think of Clyde Rathborne scoring a try against the very country he captained the under-21 side for? (Not to mention being born and bred in South Africa).

If i was on of the SA's, id be tearing my hair out. lol.

Auror Chk
:ekk: i know LOL it wouldv been great if Sth Africa won big grin ....hey did you see that Aussie ad about Kiwis....lol rude dudes!! stick out tongue

vvvrulz
ARGH !!!
We lost both games !!

Unbelievable.....
The warriors could have done so much better in the dying five minutes.
And as for the AB's, their backling just doesn't gel at all !!

What on earth is Spencer doing out there.

Maybe better luck next week sad

Auror Chk
cry i cant believe it crybaby

The Warriors & The ABZ cursing

i agree that backline censored

i kept walking in and out of the room that game was making me mad!! but all i can do now is sulk cry

well the ABZ have one more chance with Sth Africa aye...?? and if they win that one then one more game with the Aussies....everytime they play them i dont know aye....its like all of them kinda freeze up....thats my opinion anyways.....

Better luck next time!!

vvvrulz
Only Muliana had a good game. The rest of the backline were like headless chooks. Yeah they have to beat the Boks and hope that Australia lose. Its pretty slim really.

As for the warriors... ive just about had it with them, lol..

Auror Chk
eek! your kidding about the warriors right laughing

Auror Chk
hey vvv shux man what do you think about Mertenz coming in...do you think Spencer needs to be out anywayz erm i dunno whats happening...sheesh

vvvrulz
Well to be fair to Carlos, there were many others who had a crap game too. But Merhtens is good enough for a second shot at the AB's. He should get his chance to prove himself at least.

Auror Chk
well lets just hope he plays good for his sake anyways

vvvrulz
Did you watch the NPC opener?
Canterbury versus Wellington, with the underdogs coming through, but very nearly blowing it. Was a good match to kick off the season.

I'm supporting Auckland all the way!

Auror Chk
cry

crybaby

what happend?? crybaby

vvvrulz
I can't beleive Auckland lost the shield.
This is a despressing time for sports.

(I'm a cricket fanatic too by the way, and both my teams, the West Indies and India are getting clobbered)

Auror Chk
this is soOo depressing for me no expression -leaves- ..

oh man lol all i can do now is laugh.. sorta no expression

i dont know much about cricket erm

vvvrulz
lol Most rugby fans don't. You'd probably find it dull.
I guess its an indian thing (oh yeah im indian btw).

Lets just hope that Australia don't take out the Tri-Nations.

Auror Chk
-hopes that Australia doesnt take out the Tri-Nations- no expression

GO SOUTH AFRICA LoL big grin

oh your indian... smile thats kool im a P.I wink (Pacific Islander - Cookisland)

ive been trying for ages to see if theres any other P.I's in the KMC community...LoL even put out a thread but it didnt get a reply....just alot of viewz...

im actually watching the Olympics...i hopes the Swindell Twinz get a medal for us big grin LOL...

and again..... GO SOUTH AFRICA!! big grin

vvvrulz
Were doing pretty good at the Olympics, thats two golds.

lol still nothing compared to the giants though..

Auror Chk
hey vvv big grin missed ya no expression lol...

i know@ da gold medals... from the Evers-Swindell Twinz and from Sarah Olmah... (sorry no expression i dunno if thats how you spell her last name)

CONGRATS TO THEM...and goodluck for the rest of the NZ Olympic Squad...

Oh yea plus..... Congratz to Sth Africa on their win against the Aussies wink ... Great Job!! big grin

well last time i saw for the Olympics we are ranked in the 20's smile like 24th or something... big grin and its against like all those other countrys... i think we'r doin ok wink i guess.. lol

vvvrulz
Lol and the warriors go down again.

But this was agaisnt the number one team in the comp, and they most certianly went down with a fight. 30-24 was the final score.

They lead 12-0 at a stage.

The wooden spoon looms, they must upset the Doggies next week.
Somehow i doubt that will happen ^-^

Meanwhile, me and Auror Chick are the only ones here !
Where are the rugby union/league fans !!!

Auror Chk
lol still trying to find the thread big grin oh man ive given all hope up on the Warriors.. i think that ill cheer for them once they win something.. erm lol..

hey vvv big grin

koolruningz
You're not the only ones here it's just taken me a while to find this thread. I'm English born but live in NZ so unless the ABs are playing the English then i'm all for the ABs. The Warriors have had a shocker of a season, so many times they look like they're turning the corner only to be stuffed again. On the plus side did you guys see Arwen Goodenbille's takle last weekend, jeez that dude must have been seeing starts for ages. Bad luck to the ABs in the Tri Nations, the home team was superior in every game. They've got alot of new players coming into the mix this year and once they all gel things will improve. As for my beloved England, what a nightmare - Dally's retired, Woodward's resigned this week along with all the players retired and injured from our world cup squad it's a sad time for us. When our squad is back to full strength i still think we'll be able to compete against the top nations but as for another world cup i cant see it frankly. Clive Woodward even though he wasnt popular outside England, is a great coach you cant argue with his record. Without a great coach it will be hard for us to get to the top again especially with a young team. I am a Waikato and Chiefs fan, what are your teams? Auror Chk, you can be very proud of the P.I. team it's a shame you cant compete in the world cup but then who would the All Blacks have left? vvvrulz, my dad is from Jamaica so i support the West Indies in cricket, as you know i havent had much to cheer about. Good to meet you all.

vvvrulz
Hey there koolruningz.
Yeah English rugby aren't having the greatest of times, but they are a class outfit nonetheless, and will be back for sure.

I support Waikato and the Cheifs also, but my main team would have to be Auckland, however theyre having a bit of a shocker themselves, Waikato destroyed them last week ! The return of the AB's will certainly boost them however.

Warriors last game of the season this weekend, haha Guttenbeils tackle was something to savour huh. Lets hope we can at least avoid the wooden spoon and give the fans something to look forward to for season '05

koolruningz
Hey mate, thanks for the kind words about England. I'll always support my country but you have to call it the way you see it and we are struggling right now. What do you think of Graham Henry as AB coach? I think he knows what he's doing, it just seems like he choses the wrong #10 if he's playing a flat back line. Merts is the man if you want to play that way, it's successful in England because they have a #10 like Wilkinson who is a great chip kicker. Carlos is more a ball in hand player. Yeah Arwen has got my vote for tackle of the year, his reaction after was great to (shame the Aussies went down the other end and scored straight away). The Moo Loos were on song last week Sivivato has got to be one of the most explosive wingers in the country, we've got Jono and the boys back from AB duty this week so i'm hoping we can cream Wellington on Friday. Good talking to you.

El Toro
Hey my 1st post in this Thread (thank god there is one)

Rugby
England is going to struggle for a long time. It's their forwards that they draw most of their strengths. And without Dilalio sp? and Johnson the younger guys will loose their heads and give away too many penalties (like dey did in their last tour on NZ and AUS). and plus their backs are just useless even with Wilkenson sp? they are decent defenders but offer nothing in terms of attack.

All Blacks need to concetrate on their Locks. i know robinson and mcgaw were injured during the Tri nations, but they need to be better in that area. The Wallabies know how to play the AB and what i think they need to do is use their forwards much more rather than rely on their backs to score tries.

Rugby League
The finals are nearly here. Being a samoan Queenslander......
GO BRONCOS!!!!! - we are getting all our stars back and we will be ready baby. i see a Broncos vs Bullgos final

and good luck to the Cowboys. Congrats on making the finals but they not ready IMO. abd warriors. plleeeeease. i got hammered with jokes from my mates cos i also support them. well at least they bought well for next year.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

vvvrulz
Hey there El Toro

The NRL finals are definately going to make an interesting watch. I support the Bronco's too, and Queensland in the Origin. The team to beat for me are the Roosters, while I can't stand them, they're a class outfit. Its going to be great though, the Roosters, Bulldogs, Broncos, Dragons and Panthers facing off, five very strong teams.

As for the Blacks, I'm sure they will be back. This is no time to pass blame to the coaching staff, I'm sure Henry knows what he is doing.

They, along with the Warriors, will hopefully come right.

Auror Chk
dontgetit now tell me wtf happend with Auckland in their game against Nth Harbour.. down oO takes it to the heart..

oh well im still supporting them big grin all the way smile

The England team...i like Clive i honestly do..its sad to see him go but i guess if i was him id be fed up with clubs not letting their star players get a bit of training in or games for that matter..but i dont think we'll be seeing them again with the World Cup..sadly..but if they do then they do..

oO i cant wait for The Lions tour..i rekon thats gonna be a good one big grin

yeap and the ABz will conquer all lol they will be back!! And Henrys doing a good job with them..maybe hes gotta trick up his sleeve naughty

The NRL i dont keep much track of..I was little bit shocked to see that the warriors were still playing ahehe...lets cross our fingers and keep hoping for them big grin

Auror Chk
btw Welcome koolrunningz @ El Toro hi2 .... im glad we have some new faces..oO im getting a lil sick of seeing the same ol person no expression laughing out loud nah jks vvv hug ahehe

koolruningz
Nice to be here.

Auror Chk
hey koolruningz big grin

oh well BOP & Cantebury had a game.. Cantebury won and BOP lost loosing their shield... atleast that got to hold on to the shield right? it was a good game no expression ...

now the warriors played the bulldogs and got another ass whipin!! i honestly crossed my fingers for them.. i guess we better try another tactic -sighs-

Anyone got some more rugby / league news.. post it big grin

El Toro
Roosters are minor premiers!!. They are class. Ah well. Im going to the Broncos vs Storm game this saturday night at suncorp. They better make it worthwile...

El Toro
By the ways its nice to talk about Rugby here in KMC. nice to see there's a footy community here even if it is only 4 people.

Did u guys see the Cowboys game? Matt bowen is a sneaky lil monkey. man i hope he gets the fullback role for Qld next year. he'll tear the Bulldogs defence next week. Happy Dance

So what are ur predictions?

Broncos vs Bulldogs final

Auror Chk
hMmmm Broncos vs Bulldogs aye.. ermm uMmm i think ill go with the Broncos no expression ... what does everyone els think shifty hehe

vvvrulz
Matt Bowen is a force to be reckoned with, but he will have a tough time challenging Rhys Wesser's spot in the Origin Jersey. I'm sure the Bronco's will be able to take the Storm, but they should not be underestimated, Slater and Orford are class acts. I think i mentioned earlier that the Roosters are the team to beat, the Doggies id rate second, and then the Bronco's. Much like the premiership table in fact !

BOP were unlucky against Canterbury. Can't beleive Auckland blew another match, meanwhile Taranaki is on a rampage.

Lets forget the Warriors until 2005 shall we. smile

koolruningz
Amen to that.

Auror Chk
laughing out loud @ forget the warriors.. what have i been tryna say no expression ...

vvvrulz
At least we have made some shrewd signing. Steve Price and Wiki will really lift the team, as well as Campion and Cleary on the coaching staff.

Auror Chk
oOooo yea i know big grin who do you think will take the captains position? no expression

vvvrulz
They'll probably give it to Price. But i'd like a co-captaining between him and Stacey Jones. Much like Campion-Jones in that all famous 2001 year.

El Toro
hey brad thorn is coming back to the Broncos. Talis is retiring and Thorn cant get a spot in the all blacks squad were the reasons he's coming back.

oh yea Anthony "the man" mundine's fight on 2nite against sullivan.

vvvrulz
I don't see why he isnt an All Black. But rugby's loss is league's gain. He should play for the warriors :P

Auror Chk
i totally agree with you on that vvv big grin Rugbys loss is leagues gain.. but joining the warriors?? lol no expression hes to innocent to join a big headed team no expression laughing out loud

vvvrulz
Haha true.

Meanwhile there have been some serious upsets in the nrl playoffs.
The Storm downed the Bronco's 31-14, but the real surprised is the Cowboys, in their first ever finals serious downing the in form Doggies !!

Go the Cowboys !!
Always love an underdog.

Auror Chk
oOooooo.. thats so unexpected.. well in my opinion anyways..

vvvrulz
What the hell is Auckland doing !!

They're somewhere near the bottom now, its pitiful really.
Its just been a sad year for sports huh..

Anyone playing Virtual NPC in here?

Auror Chk
nah where do you go to play virtual npc?

vvvrulz
www.virtualnpc.co.nz
:P

My team name is vvvrulz, so i'm not hard to find big grin

Auror Chk
hey guys.. big grin sorry i havent been online much my computers bunged up stick out tongue but dont kill the thread no expression keep it alive laughing out loud theres alot of stuff going on with the league and rugby ok!! but ill be online as much as I can ok.. big grin

LEAGUE NEWS: BULLDOGS vs ROOSTERS..

RUGBY NEWS: c'mon someone fill that in for me laughing out loud .. and yes i have been watching the rugby but i have a bad memory no expression hehe

SO SAVE THE THREAD!! big grin

vvvrulz
lol I'm still here..

Yeah the NRL grand final is on tommorow, its going to be huge. I cheer for any team playing the Roosters, so go the Doggies !

As for the rugby, Auckland continue to play like crap, today they face off against Canterbury, and it doesn't really look that good for them.

Auror Chk
big grin BULLDOGS WON THEIR GAME AGAINST THE ROOSTERS big grin YAY!!

My computers still stuffed so im still jumping on as much as i can smile

RUGBY NEWS: wink someone fill that in big grin

KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE no expression SAVE THE THREAD no expression hehe wink

vvvrulz
I'm still here to hopefully keep the thread kicking.

Good on the Doggies!! I'm so glad those Roosters never made it.
NPC semi-finals are on now, surprisingly enough, Bay of Plenty got through, however theyre going to have a tough time vs Canterbury.

Auckland are nowhere to be seen....

G.P
Johnny Wilkinson is injured and won't play the next 3 games with England... mwahahaha naughty

vvvrulz
He's almost always out of it, and the England team become a shambles as a result.

Darth_Decimator
y do we have a combined rugby league and rugby union thread ??? thats insane , hi everybody im a huge league and penrith panthers fan , sad 2 get beaten by the dogs 1 week out from the finals , hated to see them win but i also wouldve hated to see the roosters win 2 , bring on season 2005 , what are the chances of getting seperate threads here ?????

Darth_Decimator
godamn it minichello what a fairy ! thats 2 trys hes let in for great britain , anyone else watching the trinations test match ??

Cipher
Anyone got any recommendations on a good site for someone who wants to learn more about the game but is a new to it?

vvvrulz
Umm, nothing much from here im afraid. There is nrl.com.au, thats where I get all my league results.

Hey there darth decimator. Yeah it should be in seperate threads, it was already this way when I came. To be fair there are only a handful who follow either sport anyway in KMC.

Yeah bad luck to Penrith, theyre a top side. I was cheering for them in last year's final. I myself am a big warriors fan. Shocking season...

Yeah I'm wacthing the tri-nations, the Brits yet let another one slip !!
I couldn't beleive it, thats four from four theyve lost in the last minute. As for the Kiwi's, the blew a nice lead last week, lets hope the improve this time round.

G.P
I think t's already hard enough to keep this thread on the top of the first page. If you divide it, it will be worse. At the time being there are only a couple of rugby fans that regularly post here; if this number increases or if you have really solid arguments, I may reconsider my position.

vvvrulz
Can't really complain with that verdict.

Darth_Decimator
nah thats cool i understand , so did anyone else watch the trinations test i thought it was pretty damn ordinary , rooneys 2nd try was brilliant , as is the man himself im just glad hes a panther smile cant believe bennet put gowie in at 5/8 , that was crap kimmorley wouldnt pass the ball to him at all , only once in the first half pfffft . thanks vvvrulz for your commiserations mate , i dont hate the warriors they didnt have a great season but they have way too much talent to not be in the final 8 next year . Cipher nrl.com is pretty crud but on there you can atleast link 2 each individual clubs website that may be of interest 2 you , also if anybody is after any nrl team logos or wallpapers head over here http://wallpaper.rleague.com/club.htm enjoy !

vvvrulz
I'm looking forward to the face-off between the Kiwi's and the Brits this week. The winner of that encounter would just about make it to the final, so it should be good.

Yeah playing Gower at first-five wasn't a great option really, particularly since all his league is played at halfback. The Lockyer-Kimmorley combination should make for an interesting watch.

What do you think about the ground shrinkage's that the Aussie are complaining about?

Darth_Decimator
it didnt seem to bother the boys much 2 be honest i havent heard much from them about the whole issue other than a few weeks ago when it was first revealed as having happened , i dont have a strong view for or against really , the poms can try whatever they like and we'll still beat their asses lol

Darth_Decimator
oh yeah the next tri-nations game should be a pearler

vvvrulz
Bah, the Kiwi's go down again, blowing another good lead. They have to learn to persist for the full 80 minutes !!

Darth_Decimator
they have to learn how not 2 suck lol

vvvrulz
lol An art that may take decades to shrug off. Don't you worry tho mate, were narrowing the gap between us and Australia (i think).

G.P
France vs. Australia on Saturday ! droolio

vvvrulz
Haha, I'm cheering for France there.

Darth_Decimator
AUSSIES VS THE POMS IN 5 HOURS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO ROONEY , ANOTHER DOUBLE YOU GOOD THING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey vvvrulz you seen the draw for next season yet ?????
what you think ?????

G.P
France 27 - 14 Australia.

Yay !!! Quite a good defence on the French side. I would have been happier if they had played a bit more instead of trying to score penalties all the time. Rather good game though.

Darth_Decimator
top game good to see the pommies rise to the challenge , rooney was on fire AS USUAL !

Auror Chk
hello hello everyone big grin shux long time no c here!! ive been soo busy but im glad that this thread is still here and alive... wink heya vvv smile

Anyone watch the ABZ vs ITALY .. well i thought that game was a one sided game and big ups to everyone that just came to watch the game.. I also thought that Dan Carter did a good job with Spencers position.. As 1st Five I mean.... I wish i saw Joe rocks my cocoas stretch his legs more but hey until next time... lol... and did anyone see Ma'a Nonu? lol is he still wearing make up?? Dude i thought that was a dare? hehe... I think the Italy Team was kool too big grin hehe did anyone catch the replay when Joe ran between the 2 Italy forwards?? hehe that was a laugh because they were looking at each other like what the... LOL... laughing out loud anyways Congratulations to all teams that won their games smile and to all that lost... they will be back!! cool

Auror Chk
The BOKs vs Ireland game was depressing sad

vvvrulz
Hey all, seems like a weekend for the underdogs huh !

Good on the Irish and the French, and the Brits in the league. Haha both the Poms and Oz are leaving us Kiwi's miles behind.

Yeah had a look at the draw, disappointing first week, no real cracking matches, the Warriors are in for it in round two, against Brisbane away. Can't wait for that to kick off.

koolruningz
Ma'a Nonu wearing make up? What the f**k?

Auror Chk
laughing out loud remember when Welly played their last game in the NPC.. wasnt there a rumour saying Nonu got dared to wear make up?? lmfao.. it was on the Sunday News.. ahehe and there were a couple of other dares.. he wore make up to look like a Lion or something.. well i thought he was still wearing it... laughing but thats just me big grin

And your comment about the Pomz and Oz leaving da Kiwis behind.. its just depressing no expression lol

koolruningz
The Haka isnt going to be nearly as imtimidating with one of the ABs wearing make up. Next you'll have Rockacoco wearing high heels. wacko

Auror Chk
laughing sheesh i know... plus i dont really like the whole dreadlocks look..Tanas ok with it tho cuz hes on to it but the other guys no expression lol but who cares what i say right laughing out loud

koolruningz
Obviously Nonu doesnt care what anyone says. wallbash

vvvrulz
They should focus more on the rugby.. and not the funky looks.

The AB's haven't been all that spectacular in the past few years.

koolruningz
Could be the rest of the world catching up.

Auror Chk
shux man i totally agree.. the ABz should stop thinking about their looks and should focus on the game.. but you can tell only the serious looking guys dont give a rats ass what they look like when they play... its kinda embarresing.. like im sure the other rugby teams are like What the f**k? saying crap like "stop trying to look pretty and play the game" laughing out loud

vvvrulz
What you think about sending in only half the team to play Wales. Australia and the Boks are sending in their full teams, why not us !

Its doing no good to the game if the AB's don't bother taking teams seriously, Wales isn't even that bad.

Auror Chk
I think the ABz are getting a bit big headed.. im sure if we only send half the team and we loose everyones gonna be like "why didnt they put so in so in.. and blah blah blah.." sheesh, i think they love that kinda contraversy.. no expression

vvvrulz
Trouble is, it will be their excuse if they lose.

Haha what about that Welsh assistant coach who got smart to us kiwi's.
It will be in his face if Wales gets thrashed.

baracustastic
Union sucks

League is ace

and that's all I have to say about that

vvvrulz
I definately prefer league.

The All Blacks very nearly blew it against Wales, and the Kiwi's scoffed another big lead to end up winless. Pretty bad year for nz sports altogether.

Auror Chk
Shux yea the ABZ vs WALES game was like no expression i loved Joe Rock my Cocos try LOL big grin it was kool.... I still like Union and will always love it.. our Kiwi League Team.. gosh man lucky i never watched any of those games...

vvvrulz
Yeah definately, they were terrible.. How would you rate our chances against France?

G.P
shifty

G.P
I'm not very optimistic about French chances...

"France flyhalf Frederic Michalak will switch to scrumhalf for Saturday's test against New Zealand following the withdrawal of Jean-Baptiste Elissalde with a rib injury. Julien Peyrelongue is promoted from the bench to start at number 10 with Agen scrumhalf Mathieu Barrau added to the replacements." (eurosport.com).

Michalak is a very good player, but as a stand-off half... I don't think Peyrelongue can make it, so we've got a problem there. Elissalde had been quite good against Australia.

Can't wait !

vvvrulz
It was a disappointing loss to Argentina though, I know for sure that the French are much stronger than that, I'm backing them on Saturday.

G.P
So was I erm

G.P
France 6 - 45 New Zealand. That s what a call a lesson of rugby. Lacking of aggressivity, of solidity, of velocity, the French players have never been able to match with the Blacks.

vvvrulz
Oh dear. I wasn't expecting that mauling. Disappointing for the French who have more potential than that.

baracustastic
wahahahahhaha

something else to laugh at the English about.

First, they discover Australia, a lovely, temperate/tropical climate, loads of space, miles away from the Europeans that irk them so much....so they send their CRIMINALS there, instead of leaving them in England and going to Oz themselves. hahahaha, muppets!

Then they are so pants at football they pick up the ball and run with it, idiots.

Then they get horsed by at it repeatedly by the decendants of the people they threw out of the country.

I almost feel sorry for them, aye, that'll be right!

England: Get it right up ye!!!

vvvrulz
They lost both the League and the Union, not a great day for English sport.

koolruningz
We are very used to that. embarrasment

Darth_Decimator
did any of you americans watch the liberty bell cup yesterday ???? what did yous think ???? has rugby league got a chance of making it the usa ????

vvvrulz
Well they lead at half time, i'm sure if they put their minds to it, there is a lot of potential for USA to make a decent stand. League badly needs competition.

Cid
I can't wait for the Super 12 to start this year. Anyone else with me???

vvvrulz
I'm with ya !!

I hope the Blues can make a fist of it this year. Who do you support?

Auror Chk
GO THE BLUES!!! .. wink Heya vvv... big grin havent been here for awhile!! I hope the Blues make it roll eyes (sarcastic) Anywho.. what do you guys think of Marshall leaving for England.. it is England right?? confused To go play league.. Well i think it was the end of him here anyways.. no expression lol..

Cid
Go the Hurricanes!!!

Auror Chk
Go the Blues big grin hey has anyone in here ever met and chatted with an AB? no expression lol .. just curious wink

vvvrulz
Fraid not, though I saw Jonah pigging out at Macca's once, lol.
Saw Frankie Bunce that day too.

Cid
What do you guys think about the World match?

dean7879
leeds rhinos beet the canterbury bulldogs !! big grin
great win

T.M
ok whos English

COME ON WALES !!!!!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>