"Different" Spider-Man stories

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigp
Okay, as a relatively new fan, I'd like a little bit of information about "other" Spider-Man comics and cartoons etc.

Specifically, there's the regular Spider-Man comics, then there's the new Ultimate Spider-Man. I read somewhere that Ultimate is a modern take on Spider-Man, but that it's set in an alternate universe. Is that right? I thought it was just a re-make of the Spidey legend, updating Spidey from the 60s to now. I didn't think alternate universes were part of it.

Also, what's the deal with this cartoon I found a week ago, Spider-Man unlimited? Apparently that is set on a different planet, Counter-Earth, with no regular characters like MJ or JJJ. Also, Spidey's costume is crap, and that web-cape makes him look gay. How did that all come about?

SpyCspider
I'm not sure about Ultimate being in an alternate universe, if by alternate you mean "parallel and existing at the same time" as the main storyline. I think it's just a whole new story by itself, reinventing everything and disregarding the Spidey we know.

Spider-man Unlimited was a short-lived animated series that came after Spider-man Animated Series of the 90s. I think many would agree with me that "suck" pretty much sums up that cartoon. They wanted to do a spin-off I guess..kinda like Batman Beyond (which I think was much better than Spidey Unlimited).

bigp
Great, thanks a lot, that's more or less what I was thinking.

And I agree, from the one episode I saw, Spider-Man Unlimited did suck.

Spiderman_RJ
yah unllimeted animation was great but te story sucked, man carnage and venom are parasite bugs that turns into a eskeleton shape and goblin with wings? WTF was that?

Red Superfly
No not Spider-Man Unlimited again!!!!!!!! I hated that crap!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.