Urs Meier.... what do YOU think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dave123
Well, vote away big grin

G.P
This is too biased a poll ! erm

dave123
huh? it has a voice for everyone

G.P
When will people understand that the ref is the ref, and therefore the truth of the game is the truth of the ref, whichever it can be. So stop moaning roll eyes (sarcastic)

dave123
we have the:

good ref choice
OK red choice
biased/poor ref choice
blind red choice

confused

G.P
Choices 1,2 and 4 are clearly, erm, the proofs of a passive-aggressive personality, Dave. disguise

dave123
its just the way i've worded them, but the choices are still there stick out tongue

G.P
2 insults and a sarcastic one, well if you say so huh big grin

Back to the topic

dave123
well if you think he's blind or biased, of couese you're insulting him no expression

and which is sarcastic?

G.P
the last one...

dave123
well it only seems sarcastic because I'm English stick out tongue

G.P
LOL. Ok now let's let the others (including the English members) decide wink

dave123
only yers and ush are here sad

Deathblow
i'm no expert, but that referee seemed to give every decision to portugal. damn i'm glad im not english stick out tongue

dave123
the majority of the game, he didn't seem to.... but after that, he was firmly lodged up their ass

Ushgarak
I think GP has a point with the tiny tad of bias there, Dave...

He just didn't see it, is all, he wasn't trying to make waves. These things happen.

ash007
man he had no right to disallow that goal

dave123
that's why I included the blind option yes

Ushgarak
Like I say, he was calling it as he saw it. It's one thing to see it was good with post-analysis but these things are very hard at the time- like Tennis and Cricket umpiring calls, it doesn't always go the right way.

yerssot
and you have no right to be a fan if you don't know the rules then roll eyes (sarcastic)

ash007
no the ref was WRONG VERY WRONG

i would be supprised if FIFA sacked him

i really mean it

i have never seen such a awful ref

Ushgarak
Would be surprised, eh?

No-one is going to sack a ref for making a call like that, Ash. He didn't block it with his own head, you know.

ash007
hang on yerssot i know my football

and the ref was way off

i mean even the linesman allowed the goal please correct me if i am mistaken

mouth
i said he was a biased idiot.. cause he is

yerssot
and the linesman couldn't see the arm cause campbell was in his vision

Corlindel
MY CONTRIBUTION TO THIS STUPID TRHEAD MADE BY A JUNIOR HOOLIGAN stick out tongue

The ref was not very good. He ROBBED THE THIRD PORTUGUESE GOAL.

THE BALL WAS IN.

I wish a good night of sleep to all english silly hooligans all over the world.

Ushgarak
Hmm, looks like both sides think he was rubbish...

ash007
ok you guys are probley right man i am really emotional at the moemnt

i can't belive we lost

Ushgarak
Yeah, it was a simple ref error, Ash. Not a crime against humanity.

yerssot
that's ok ash, your team just sucked huge balls when it came to wining happy stick out tongue

ash007
well at least we didn't give up

Good try England hopefully we can win next time

Corlindel
happy

mouth
i'm having a deja vu..
italy vs. korea.. byron moreno.. any one remember? they kicked his fat ass out!! big grin

anyways, they should have replays in football.. that way we could avoid debates that get really nasty

Corlindel
happy stick out tongue happy

Ushgarak
Football dislikes stoppages during play, it's not like Rugby or Cricket. Games would start taking hours if refs have to check replay footage.

dave123
whats that got to do with Urs Meier, I'll never know no expression

Df02
wow Corlindel, so we're the silly hooligans, yet you're purposely trying to wind us up...

that makes as much sense as the ref's decision to disallow the Campbell goal.

Corlindel
Learn to lose as I learned to win and I will not post more anything about OUR VICTORY....today stick out tongue

A last pic of our Marksman...sorry, goalkeeper, with great balls big grin stick out tongue

mouth
yeah.. that's way they should have it.. but they don't and i don't think they'll ever have it.. sad

i'm getting aggrivated with all the porto pics..

stick out tongue

Corlindel
Yep. You are saying the true.

The goal was well disallowed....as I am not trying to do nothing..just celebrating smile And replying to some silly posts I read about hooligans.

I know it is hard for you. And I am the only portuguese here. With all respect to this Forum I will not post more anything.

Sorry if I was annoying wink But understand it would be hard to me to read your celebrating posts. And I am sure you would not care nothing about my presence here stick out tongue

mouth
no, go ahead.. celebrate!!!.. i kno i would if the italians beat england.. i was just being ignorant coz my 2 favorite teams are now out sad

Df02
honestly.....i would be pretty respectful, and i wouldnt blatently try to wind another person up on this forum...which you were obviously trying to do by repeatedly posting pictures of Portugese celebrations on a post that has to do with the blatent disgrace that was the referee'ing of the match.

have a bit more respect, yes it is hard for me, and yes i would celebrate but id do it in a more respectful way than what you have.

The fact is, there were two diabolical decisions in that game, firstly the Campbell goal, and secondly the Portugal goal...and the fact is, our goal would have put us through your's wouldnt, so obviously we're pretty upset about that!

mouth
^ that's what i was trying to say.. but didnt kno how.. big grin

G.P
Oh you all, listen to the voice of wisdom or I'll close this thread that is going to get nowhere.

Kes
Usually the home team is helped. But the refs dont like the portuguese, we are not a big team and so far Portugal hasnt been helped. That was a foul. He has his arm over the kepeer that is a foul.

Ushgarak
Sorry, but it isn't- just for the arm to be there is not enough. Terry made a fair challenge for the ball and it was no foul.

Df02
he had his arms up to jump for the ball and the goalie jumped into him...

Kes
His arm prevented Ricardo from jumping. Ush that's a foul. He supported himself on the keeper.

Ushgarak
Absolutely. The keeper was not illegally obstructed.

Df02
lol, cba nemore....Kes obviously wearing pride-goggles and cant see she's wrong.

fact is terry went to jump and the goalie jumped into him...9 out of 10 referee's would have given that goal, ****ing FACT!

Kes
The kepeer didnt even jump cos the player had his arm over him. thats a foul ppl. Open your eyes.

Ushgarak
He wasn't supporting himself! That's ridiculous.

It wasn't obstruction, Kes. No foul. A Keeper doesn't have the right to make any contact with him a foul.

Kes
Any other player it would have been a foul. He put his arm over him pushing him down.

Ushgarak
Actually, no it wouldn't. First of all, his arms were not actually trying to put the guy down, the guy moved into contact with the arms.

Secondly, he wasn't displacing anyone from a ball heading to them- the ball was his. If the keeper had pushed him out of the way, it would have been a foul by the keeper, though.

Sol Campbell made a good attempt to foul Terry himself, of course.

Df02
even if Terry wasnt there, the goalie had absolutely no chance of stopping that header....he dived nowhere near Campbell and ended up under Terry's armpits.

Kes seriously, i dont know how you can sit there and defend this, fact is the goalie dived at Terry

Kes
roll eyes (sarcastic) This is pointless. It was a foul. He put his arm there to stop the keeper.

Df02
yea it is pointless..........go and watch the replay plz, because you obviously didnt see it right the first, second, third, fourth or fifth time round, or however many replays the showed of it

wonder why they didnt show that many replays of the contreversial Portugal goal?...

Kes
They did actually,they didnt however show a good reply on that ball that Portugal had which I truly think it was in.

mouth
i think that.. the match is over, portugal won, and that we should just accept that, as painful as it might be for some of us..

Df02
well as you said on the other thread.....you're being biased
i could argue until im blue in the face that that ball didnt go in, you wont concede that im right, i wont concede that you're right.....

fact is we were both robbed, we were robbed more than you...but the referee is the only person at fault in this game, nearly every decision he made was wrong

Kes
roll eyes (sarcastic) Whatever.

mouth
oh, and congrats to Kes.. big grin brilliant match, even tho it didn't end up the way i wanted it to

Kes
Thanks. I'm surprised you wanted England to win. I thought Europe, with the exception of England of course, wanted Portugal to win.

mouth
i love portugal and was cheering for them when they played against greece.. but this time.. it had to be england. love the country, love the team.. lived there for a year.. have many, many friends there, and i just wanted to see the cup go home to the country who invented the game..

fuct_up_kid
im here!! and believe me, if urs meier meets any england fan, he'd have to run miles in the other direction. he gave practically every free kick to portugal...and there was absolutely nothing wrong with that goal. losing on penalties absolutely sucks seeing as it wouldn't have gone into extra time with a different referee, let alone penalties. no

Corlindel
drunk stick out tongue drunk

Dexx
ofcourse i wanted portugal to win.
and urs meier is the supreme idiot of his class....even only because romania missed euro 2004 because of him.

Kes
And Figo missed pretty much all of them. What is wrong with that man?!
Well has for the goal I've said what I think.

yerssot
I don't think we had that ref in our games, but I still remember the name from a few years ago, when he made some dubvious decisions against my country too

but then again, one of the best refs there is (Colina), he did the same with us too, so hey ... it's all from their point of view

Df02
Collina is the best ref in the game, no doubt about it smile

Abbita
why couldn't collina ref? why???? sad hes our lucky charm. That ref was a disgrace but everything i wanted to say has already been said. Well, now england are out i need a team to support....COME ON CZECH REPUBLIC!!!

Df02
indeed, im supporting the Czech's now aswell smile
Collina couldnt ref because he re'fd our last game didnt he?

hes not our lucky charm, hes just a really decent ref...and when u have a good ref, u have a good game.
1 of the major factors of why the Portugal England match was terrible from both sides point of view

Kes

Kes
I thought it was a very exiting game. And I thought that before we won.
Man it was solved on penalty kicks. The scored turned around twice!

yerssot
I just mentioned him to show that even the best make terrible decisions, but that "goal" from england was definitly a correct decision of him big grin

Df02
i thought you tried to make it an exciting game, but as usual with Sven, England went 1-0 up and we went into deep defencive mode....crap tactics i have to say

we Defended really well tho, held u off for 85mins when Portugal are one of the best attacking teams around....and also managed to score goals against you (3 of them *cough*).....

it was a tense game, it would have been alot better if the refereeing was better, he was too strict and too inconcistent....he was giving yellow cards 1 minute and then waving play on for the same tackle a little later.

it wasnt fun to watch from my pov, too much defending not enough counterattacking......Hargreaves was good when he came on tho, he made a few runs but unfortunately he wasnt supported enough to make anything of them

Kes
You scored 3m into the game! It was pure luck, well a defensive mistake.

Really lucky in a few shots, but James was good and Cole played well. Should have seen the yellow card and maybe that would have changed things.
One thing I dont understand is why the hell was Scholes (sp) playing on the left?!And why did Swen take him out?! Hey fire Swen so he can come back to Benfica LOL I love that man!

Totally agree!

Well you guys lost power with Rooney without Rooney.

Abbita
Rooney broke his metetarsal (sp?) bone in his right foot sad who was the guy that did it eh? who was the one who stomped on his foot?

Kes
Jorge Andrade, I think. The kid turned left when the ball went right blink he turned right into is path. Well he'll be out like 6weeks maybe less. I suggest he doesnt eat MacDonalds like he normally does. When one doesnt exercise they tend to be fattening.

Abbita
hey!!!! leave rooney alone sad

Kes
LOL

Abbita
stick out tongue

Lord Shadow Z
Your sig just reminded me who he looks like laughing

Lord Shadow Z
Urs Meier got the decision completely right, John Terry is quite clearly shown with his arm over the keeper which is hampering Ricardo from jumping to his full capacity. The only reason people are disputing it is because they are simply biased to the English cause. And the sick jokes about Urs Meier in the newspaper are absolutely disgraceful and it just shows what sore losers the English are.

Kes
:blinK: Hmmm well there you go stick out tongue

Corran

Abbita
laughing out loud but there is one really strange thing about him though that people take out of him...why does he always stick his middle finger up all the time?!? and on his smart car he has his name and website printed onto it and it says hello on the front of the car......The fings you learn from baddiel and skinner.... love

Kes
LOL
Well he gave pretty good answers mate stick out tongue

Corran
another

Abbita
laughing out loud

Kes
whistle Let me translate:
Beckham:"Man which way is the airport?"
Figo: "Ask the spanish, they know."

Kes

G.P
Pfff... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kes
Hey they were posting pics stick out tongue
Hmm well UEFA supports Urs decision and have criticized the English for their behavior. Maybe this is the last drop that will keep the English out of these competitions LOL kidding!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.