2004 NBA Draft - The Aftermath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
So, any surprises, disappointments?

Alls I have to say is Thank You, Orlando. big grin

http://www.nba.com/media/bobcats/okafor_ball_home.jpg

Myth
The Blazers took Telfair at #13. mad

wuTa
umm the college player of the year barely got drafted in the 1st round and with all the high school kids bein selected in the 1st round there is alot more talent in the 2nd round

wuTa
i would say overall that this was a weak draft but time could prove me wrong

Dr. Strangelove
Did anybody hear Stern at the start of the draft "Welcome to Madison Square Gardon home of the New York Knicks and New York Liberty."
As Bill Simmons says when will the NBA stop promoting a league that nobody cares about.

I liked the Kings draft of Kevin Martin and Ricky Minard who both I think can make the team and one of the two will probably replace Christie in a year or two as he's starting to get up there in age.

forumcrew
okafor not #1 im not sure about that.. i think the team that got the best deal is the Bulls getting Gordon, luol deng, and chris Duhon.. they have some great young talent and should be a much improved team.. all though duke players have a habbit for never developing into great nba stars

wuTa
the bulls had a good draft but that drafted gordon and duhon both point guards and they drafted hinrich last year and already have crawfrod so thats four point guards which means two of them gots to go and that could hurt them if they trade the wrong players

Myth
They should trade Crawford. He is overrated and will soon want to be overpaid.

wuTa
i dont know it would suck to be paxson right now but ummm crawford has been one of there best players laughing yea you heard that right crawford has been one of there best player....that a looong ways from the jordan years and dont look like its gettin any better espicially since chandlor and curry have done jack and arent showin much potential at all

Tptmanno1
I'd just like to say, you're welcome for Okafor and Gordon from all of us UCONN supporters!

forumcrew
well gordon needs to be the bulls starting PG duhon maybe should be used in a trade for a more seasoned vetteran player

Myth
I still say trade Crawford. His trade stock is up right now because of his ppg since being on a shitty team. Its kind of like Medvendenko(sp?) scoring several games above 20pts when Malone, Shaq and Kobe were absent. Crawford looked good because there was nobody else to score so now his trade value is higher than it should be and they could rip somebody off.

wuTa
even if you trade crawford you gotta have either duhon or hinrick in that package and thats were yo could get burned....i saw hinrick play in some games last year and i thought he had some potential and duhon could be good to

Myth
It looks like Crawford is a free agent actually so they could just let him walk since he'll probably ask for more than he is worth.

wuTa
they still gotta deal hinrick or duhon...my guess is hinrick coz he'll bein makin more money than duhon so they'll probly try and get rid of him and his contract but that could come back and bite them in the ass

wuTa
yea i looked up to some of hinricks stats and he was voted as the bulls player of the year... and his stats were pretty impressive too espicially on a team with no leadership so i dont know maybe they will trade duhon....i think joe d made a smart pick gettin ricky paulding he was pretty good a mizzou

BloomBabyGirl
i was disaapointed that once again a high school kid was #1...and where the hell was jameer nelson?! not even in the top 10. delonte west shouldda stayed in St Joes but i hope the celtics do him good. okafor shoudda still been #1 and ben gordon #2 even tho im not all for athletes leaving school.....early. i think the majic will be better this year with jameer nelson and swight howard yet they wont have Tmac..umm the celtics should be better witha new coach and delonte west and tony allen and al jefferson

Woody Woods
what about Atlanta?

i personally like thier picks:

Josh Childress,

and the player i hope does good,

Josh Smith...the highschooler.

BloomBabyGirl
i never really saw why josh childress was such a liked player i thought he was a lil above average but nothing big

Linkalicious
he's just all around a pretty decent player.

He can handle the ball pretty well, he can shoot well, he makes his freethrows, he's a decent passer, a lengthy defender. And he was smart enough to make it to Stanford. You don't hear about people coming from Stanford and causing problems.....like our good friend Lamar Odem. big grin

I've played against him when we were both freshmen in high school, at a "Hoop it Up" competition and he was on the same team with Jamal Sampson and ummm....UCLA point guard....ummmm....oh yah, Cedric Bozemen (sp?)

They won their age group and went on to the next town....actually, Jamal caught a back door alley-oop over my friend. and my friend had position on him. It was enough to make you want to quit right then and there...

Later I played him in a Los Alamitos tournament as a senior. He got tournament MVP, but didn't show up to the championship game because he had a traveling team he was commited too. They came in 2nd without him.

BloomBabyGirl
wow cool. i met jameer nelson when they creamed umass and played against delonte wets (got my ass handed to me) in Phili

scabby mcgee
Josh Childress looks like Undercover Brother. I can't imagine that guy as a really good pro. He does a lot of stuff well and all, but I've seen him play in person and he isn't THAT good.

Kirk Snyder though, that guy could turn out to be the steal of the draft, he can score, but his upside is his size and defense. He's no Ron Artest but he's still strong and will be able to D up big time players in a few years, something that will be very important for any good team out west (McGrady, Kobe and Carmello).

And as far as trading Crawford, I just hope he can come back home to Seattle for nothing, because that guy can play ball. As far as a pure point guard I'd take Heinrich, but Crawford can play.

Beyond Image
^ don't worry i'll keep an eye on him and the lowly hawks, i like to watch players sink or swim...its about them putting up a decent effort.

so many players i like to see do well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.