what is NRLTD ????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shellie
can anyone tell me what NRLTD is ?

when i went to start up my pc this morning , i typed in my password and a messege popped up saying :

NRLTD is missing
please hit any key to continue .

when i hit any key the same messege would appear . i shut it down and turned it back off 3 times before it acted as its supossed to do .

if anyone knows please tell me so if it happens again , i know what im dealing with here .

yerssot
sorry shellie, I looked around but can't find NRLTD messed

think it normally means "No one Really Likes To Die"

shellie
thanx hun for trying . no one i know knows what im talking about . its fine now . it was just wierd . was gonna try to figure out what it was about .

yerssot
perhaps it's a program that didn't fully load? I mean, it started up normally after a few tries, so it can't be a file that's corrupted

Clovie
maybe some virus? confused

Reborn Again
Restore your computer back to an earlier time to nagate the effects of this virus. It is a virus.

shellie
how do i do that ?

yerssot
I doubt it's a virus, I looked it up in an up-to-date database...

shel:

start -> programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore
there you follow the instructions

shellie
thanks yers.

yerssot
cheerio no expression

TOH
I think you mean NTLDR (New Technology Loader or NT Loader). NTLDR is a boot loader and controls computer initialization. If it is missing, is a hint that your MBR (master boot record) was modified. Use the instalation CD to restore it or a boot floppy.

yerssot
oh well, if it's the wrong word; I can't help big grin

silent_kisses
You are just brilliant notworthy

And did the reestore work shellie?

TOH
confused embarrasment

silent_kisses
tis true, is there anything you don't know embarrasment

shellie
just a quick note to say thanks to all who tried to help me .

turns out i had 16 "bugs" in my computer . after cleaning it up , it has been working fine .

again , thanx a bunch guys . smile

Clovie
HA i knew it is virus smartass

Hells_angel
lol

im burlyman
Modified MBR? Then that would either have to be manual or a virus... huh

But you got it fixed so woo! stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.