Shouldnt Vader look less cool in EP3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Duffy
wouldnt it be more logical to have a less flashy looking vader suit in ep3?
most of the pics we have seen, although none confirmed as authentic, make vader look cooler and more modern and i feel that is the plan of lucas. i mean its a prequel so techonology should be less advanced if anything?
i know this isnt what the fans want to see but i think they could make it kool by having half of anakins burnt face showing when he first goes into the suit, and perhaps sideous offering the promise of a more advanced suit in the future.
or i suppose these idea could be totally discounted by a theory that the vader suit originally looked abit better but faded with age.
over to you guys

Jedi Priestess
now I totally agree with you on this point.......in many ways TO ME it seems like the prequels are more advanced technology wised, and it should be the other way around I would think

Anakin2Vader
I'm with you guys but according to GL it is to show the decay of the Galaxy under Palpatine... In one of the preview screenshots of the opening sequence of Ep 3 they show a large spaceship that looks very close to an Ep 4 Ship except it has painted symbols on it... hopefully Ep 3 will have a closer feel to the OT

moonwalker741
i totally agree with u duffy, but like u sed, fans would hate it....i wouldnt giv a damn, i jus want to see the anikan vs obi1 fight wink , n also, c'mon it wuz the 70's. everything looks alot better now cuz of the technology of movie making (cgi, green screen, cameras etc etc), even if it wuz a prequel. gl wznt purposely gunna make TPM crappy becuase of the OT looked crappy

OB1-adobe
It what ways? Yeah so the little roller droids have force fields on them so what. I think what possibly could be making you believe the OT looks less technologically advanced is probably stuff like: Computer screens, the display thing on yaven 4, death star plans. I would'nt worry about man. For three reasons: 1) these things have probably been changed for the ot dvd, or will sometime in the future. 2) the galaxy turned to ass crack, and the Empire gets all of the cool toys while every one else gets to scrounge around with primitive technology. 3) George just felt like doing it that way, and your going to like it anyway because you love Star Wars too much to not watch it anymore. big grin

DARK ASSASSIN
i think it makes alot of sense to have the prequels LOOK more tech. advanced, its kinda like what happened to the polish countries during WWII.

Jedi Priestess
well now I wouldnt say that! I was there for the debut of ANH and it was awesome.......for that time..

Sith Master X
Yeah I'm sure it was awesome at the time, but compared to now, if he made TPM look that way it wouldn't seem modern, but It'd bring back the old feel I guess. wink

SMX
cool

peluffo
the OT has the effects of 20 years of tiranny and civil war. That's why the PT seems to be more shinny and bright than the OT

Jedi Priestess
I never thought of that! good point wink

darktim1
I'm just looking forward to darth I don't care about the way he is going to look all I know it is going to be great.

mephistodesigns
I agree that the rebels having crappy tech isn't a problem, and they do show the the Empire has the nice hologram and larger, cleaner ships. Also, when things are made for military purposes, there's less of a need for aesthetics. Just look at what happened to the humvey, it went from being a mean metal looking jeep thing to a prissy shinny fashion statement for rich people. Lucas' original idea to make the Empire be the evil of "industrialization" still stands even with the PT because the empire is less interested in artistic designs. They want ruthless efficiency. But Vader should DEFINETLY look more low tech because the put him together so fast. He should maybe have some wires visible or something. And in ANH, he wore his robes OVER his chestplate. Something they don't seem to be doing this time around from the glimpses we see. (just a little annoyance for me, feel free to ignore it). But Lucas is showing some of the stuff as more low tech. LIke Anakin's droid arm is just that, where as Luke had a nice realistic looking hand. He only wore a glove over it after he got a hole shot in the skin of it on Jabba's sail barge. Anakin seems to be wearing the glove to cover up the fact that his arm now looks like 3PO without his coverings. It does all seem a little inconsistent. You almost have to stretch explainations a little to make the PT okay. I understand the decay of art for industrialization but some things shouldn't be so advanced.

revolution_man
Even though I guess it makes more sense to have the Vader outfit not as good-looking, I dont really care. I want to see the Vader outfit from ESB, which had more of a shine to it on the helmet. The one from A new hope looked like it was made of clay, even though, dont get me wrong, it was still cool. Im just soooo glad that the Ep3 Vader looks similar to the OT Vader. I thought that they were going to mess it up big time and it would ruin Vader's menacing visuals....

Sith Master X
Well, there was a pic of someone sculpturing the costume or something along those lines, and it appears that Vader looks similar to the OT, but you never know what they might do with it once they put all the finishing touches on.

SMX
cool

Darth Ravenous
it would be cool if he didint even have the helmet to start off with , kills some jedi get injurded again and gets the helmet , thats just what i think though..

allways thaught this looked cool

Darth_Duffy
yes that above vader pic is exactly the type of thing i was talking about, would be killer cool if you ask me

cornponious
Ummm...

Killer cool?

"It's been called that before, but not by you."

corn

cornponious
True, they could chrome plate Vader's costume if they wanted to.

Or maybe something in nice pastel colors, a la Miami Vice?

smile

corn

Darth_Duffy
Supershadow stole my line mad

§pearhead
all it is is an excuse to show off the advanced special effects technology erm

Sith Master X
True. I can accept that excuse I guess. erm

SMX
cool

Creechuur
"wouldnt it be more logical to have a less flashy looking vader suit in ep3?"

No, the suit should look flashy and shiny, its brand spanking new in Ep 3. When you buy a leather jacket or something, doesn't it look better the first day you wear it than 20 or 30 years later?

"most of the pics we have seen, although none confirmed as authentic, make vader look cooler and more modern"

Modern is a kind of relative term. In the OT, Vader has been wearing that suit for what, almost 20 years? It should look worn in comparison to what we see in Ep 3. It should have some recognizable components as well as some that may not appear in the OT costume. The same, but different.

"i mean its a prequel so techonology should be less advanced if anything?"

I agree with Peluffo. Life under the Emporer was probably like living in WWII Europe, so the PT probably represents the high point of society. Besides, Lucas doesn't seem to have payed any attention to technological evolution in his universe.

Darth_Duffy
well creechur, thanks for ripping my post to absolute shreds! wink
have to agree with your points though, nice work

El Toro De Brah
yeah its good but dont you expect that the 2nd in command of a galaxy would have constant imporvements (versions) of his suit within those 20 years. im sure if you had that much power you wouldnt wear the same thing for 20 odd years.

but i do agree the suit should look as if it just came out of the production line. and about the suit looking "cool". im guessing different eras. the PT look more modern so i guess the suit will (probably) look more sleek dan the original which was used when the galaxy was in the "industrial" looking era.

Hit"Em"Up
if anything i believe the vader suit will be almost the same as anh vader.

i could care less if the suit is flashy or not.

all i care abought is seeing darth vader kicking ass and taking names.

Creechuur
Ah, don't look at it that way Duffy. I wasn't mean or anything, was I? Just adding to the discussion.

Actually, whos to say that he's wearing the same suit in the OT as in the PT? Vader's a rough and tumble kinda guy, he probably goes through a lot of clothes while he's destroying jedi. It couldn't be that hard to make leather and plasteel armor, or any of the components. He probably just replaces parts when they break.

Darth_Duffy
lol its alrite my post was very tongue in cheek, i just liked the idea of anakin in a makeshift suit much like the fan pic in this thread. then sideous showing him the plans for his final suit on a hologram much like the battle station plans dooku has in AOTC.
not going to happen but thought it would be kool

Jedi Priestess
ok creech and Duffy.....your assistance is required in the let it all hang out thread, yerssot needs a couple of good men......and Im with Hit em Up all I want to see is vader doing what Vader does best!

bav
I think that the vader suit should be cool but just under cool. a similar version of the OT vader but in episode 3, we could see an early version of it. for instance... the cape, the chest box, a similar breathing apparatus but no helmet. just burn marks from the lava around his head. this could show a rough outline of what the vader suit will be like in episode 4 and a great effect to show vader's horrific anger and what its done to him.
check out this episode 3 fan art I found on the net. i think vader looks cool.

Jedi Priestess
speaking of the Dark Lord I ran across this

Best Villian:USA Today has voted Darth Vader as the # 1 villian of all time-Any half-man,half-machine willing to kill his children if they don't join daddy's firm is something to hiss about

Sith Master X
Damn right! Vader has got to be the best villian ever. yes

SMX
cool

Sith Master X
I'm sorry, fill me in please?

SMX
cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.