Help! Can't host Jedi Outcast or Starcraft Games Behind Router

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Hey, I'm in need of help. I know that because I'm behind a router and have a firewall, I can't host games. However I don't know how to actually fix this problem. Does anyone know how to allow this? I have a 54g Linksys router. Also, setting up FTP and HTTP would be useful if anyone knew that. Any and all help appreciated.

Note: if this isn't the right forum, please move to News & Questions

Robo-Chocobo
dude OMG I have the exact same problem. On the blizzard website there is a solution for starcraft. G2 Blizzard.c_m (remember you need a capital B) I'm pretty sure its because of your internet provider, so oyu need to contact it. I got my help from the tech support channel in starcraft.

JKozzy
I know for a fact that it can't be the ISP, it's because I'm behind a router and need to bypass that somehow; I just don't know how to.

SaTsuJiN
err lol.. I dunno much about this but my friend did it for me.. I was having the same problems so give this a try:

put 192.168.1.1 in the URL.. type ur name n pass,

go to Advanced > Forwarding > Port Triggering

and your port triggering screen should look like dis :

JKozzy
Alright, looks like that'll work.. now what'r the ports for Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy; does anyone know? smile

0mega
FOr Jedi Academy mostly 29070 is used. I can't get my ports to open lol. So there was this thing like put in the shortcut: +SET PORT 27015 (that port worked for me) but then it STAYS the same, my ip is STILL hidden. etc. etc. And I don't have a FORWARDING > PORT TRIGGERING option, just the Advanced part lol.

ADSL-Comfort (ETHERNET) does that matter anything if it's adsl or ethernet instead of the normal thing?

Maverick2364
Yeah Joe I couldn't figure out how to host for any Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy, if you figure it out let me know!

As far as starcraft is concerned, for a while I couldn't figure out how to host, but if you disconnect from B.net, reconnect, and host a game right away, it'll work. Otherwise it will likely say your latency is too high for people to join.

SaTsuJiN
maybe we can have a KMC Jedi outcast battle :P
although I do prefer Jedi academy O_o...

Maverick2364
Yeah! I kick ass at Outcast. Well I ranked 230 out of some 12,000 people who played it, so then I knew I had to find another game...erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.