Your place in Middle Earth...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Claude_Rains
*you arrive at galadriel's mirror. to see your future or destiny, you gaze into it. appearing before your very eyes, you see yourself at the crossroads. the meaning, is that you have a future in middle earth, but you must choose which way you go from there.
which place do you choose to be?*

This is very simple. Where would you choose to live in Middle Earth, if you had the choice?

Me? It is a toss-up between Rohan, and Isengard...

Exabyte

Discos

I'm dead...

Thór Vór
The Encircling mountains

I can see everything and everyone and the sunrises and sunsets are a sight to behold.
The air is fresher nowhere else in Middle-earth. I am completely safe from any kind of attack.

Sounds pretty perfect if i do say so myself smile

Tassie~Cyanide~
Lately, I've grown a strange obsession for Gondor stick out tongue I wrote a short essay on Gondor, for my English exam, as the perfect place for me to live. I think it's beautiful, and whenever I'm watching LotR, and I see any scenes of the city, I hear the music being played in the background, and I really could feel like crying happy I think, "Welcome home.."

I am a Sock
Nargothrond. Those who know me should know why.

Discos
up in the misty mountains with Thor,

I am a Sock
Thorondor didn't live in the Misty Mountains. Gwaihir did

Elessea
Too many good places to chose one smile

I would probably chose the Shire if i had to choose of the top of my head, because the hobbits have the most relaxed lifestyle.

BUt then again, I like my forests, so i would probably choose somewhere with lots of forests and lakes, and preety naturish things....

Discos
I didnt mean the actualy Thorondor, I mean the member Thorondor on this forum

I sure as shit aint hanging up in the mountains with Landroval complaining all the time,

Thór Vór
i never said misty mountains stick out tongue

Discos
I did

Nazgul lord
i'd have to day godolin, the golden wood or tyhe shire

Nazgul lord
the shire, my bad

Montross
Mount Gundabad, fortress of the Orcs.

R@ven
baraddur or isengard.... ya i'm pretty power hungry

Nienna
Gondolin or Doriath big grin

azszhz
i'd like to live in Bree cuz i'm then i could be close to the shire and The Prancing Pony
yay! ale big grin

Discos
yep, another Prancing Pony member smile

Doriath would be excellent, not in the first age though

Exabyte
huh blink

Discos
wasn't it always being invaded and had battles on it and whatnot?

Discos
I amy thinking of some other place,

was Doriath ruled by Luthien's dad Thingol?

Exabyte

Discos
cheers,

what was the place that always been getting invaded, it houses the first of men i think blink

Nienna
Same laughing out loud

eek! Gondolin would be cool w/o a Maeglin stick out tongue

Exabyte

I am a Sock
Nargothrond, as I said before
Minas Tirth (Third Age)
Numenor (In Elros' time)

Smodden
where would I live in Middle Earth?

In Middle Earth, as I come to the crossroads...I find myself in a perdicament....

Rivendell-How could you turn this one down?smile A place of magic and beauty...finding somthing new everyday, learning all the time the dif between good and evil, feasting on the finest of food, never worying about what you will do because you have forever to do it. When you find yourself running, you can be sure that if you fall, somone will pick you up, when you are dreaming you wonder at how pleasant it is, you don't ever want to leave, and you find yourself singing for hours on end surrounded by a warm glow and friends; in the hall of fire....
You could spend days writing, or just walking listening to the waterfalls or gazing at the stars...in this place, you have peace and the more you think about how happy you are, the more happy you become, and you find yourself falling ever deeper into the happiness; joy and love that you have for this place. The deeper you fall, the higher you are lifted up, to home.

ladygrim
mordor....

Mithrandir
ill take shelter beneath a rock at helms deep...and become a hermit...crab...

Smodden
laughing

Manôkhâu
Hmm..........Angamando, (Angband), or in Armenelos during the reign of Tar-Calion.

lotrxtremist
I would probably pick Ithilien, or maybe Hobbiton, cause then I'd be close to Gondor or Sam wink

lotrxtremist
Rivendell sounds good too!!!

LittleGilraen
Hmmm.......
Rivendell
Eryn Lasgalen/Mirkwood
Minan Tirith (if Aragorn was king)
The Shire (yippy!) big grin

any of ^^^ those places would be good. yes

lotrxtremist
I luv your pics they are so funny!!!! Minas Tirith is one of my other choices to. wink

Mane
Where in Middle Earth (Movie Version Only) was your favorite location? I liked Khahzad-Dum and Helm's Deep the most.

Mane
embarrasment oops i meant Khazad-Dum. typo. happy

seretur
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm......................
*looks at his sig*

Duh! Imladris.

Exabyte

Agent Elrond
Just 3 threads? Thought there were more. Hmm.

Gondolin is nice, Nargothrond sounds cool, Tirion, Rivendale, so many good places

Thorondor
Encircling Mountains big grin

Exabyte
There are a lot more, but those three are the ones I found first, and I'm kinda tired of searching for a dozen related threads when nobody will click the links anyways stick out tongue

yes Nargothrond is beautiful yes

And Doriath happy

eezy45
The Shire and Gondolin stick out tongue

Mane
OMG i totally forgot! i want to go to the Grey Havens with all of the elves.

ladygrim
Edoras well when its all happy (if )
HElms deep

seretur
I also want to visit mirkwood.

Here is a great map of Middle-earth. You need Acrobat Reader to view it. It may take a couple of seconds to load up.

ladygrim
kewl

Thorondor
Dude very nice f*cking map big grin

ladygrim
indeed

DarthLazious
Rohan is mine.

PippinTook
The Shire and Mordor for me. stick out tongue

Lord_Andres
Minas Tirith, and that city where Balin was king, Roaring fires, Malt Beer, ripe meat of the bone!!!, and I bet Dol Amroth is quite nice too!

LoSt_
There's already been a thread about this. but i like the shire and rivendell the most.

darktim1
mine would have to be Minas Tirith and hobbiton I also would love to visit the golden hall atop of the hill oh yeah the dwaf city of dwellidelf.

Inwë Nólatári
HOBBITON!!! VIVA LA HOBBITS!!!!!!!!
i LOVE hobbits!

Smodden
Valinor....or the grey havens...the place where frodo sailed away....where everyone sailed away...into a gray-sky morning...

Arahael
Probably Rivendell, Dol Amroth, or Dol Goldor(just because it's evil like that)

Morgoths_Wrath
Lothlorien was sweet, and Rivendell were both awesome.

Candy
Hm... movie version only?I think in the movie it would be Minas Tirith or Rivendell. Minas Tirith is a beutiful town and there are so many different people. bnut rivendell is so beutiful.

in teh book i'd choose lorien. or rohan.

the greay havens and valinor are great. but i think it'll become boring in valinor*lol* not i'd love to live there when i was older. but i wouldnt wanna be born there.

Nazgulinthedark
Minas Morgul

Exabyte
eek! happy

or Baraddur big grin

shaber
I think I'd put Numenor under Elros.

row476
I personally liked the shire! Everything was so peaceful and green. smile

shaber
And there had never been a murder committed until LOTR.

lil bitchiness
Merged.

Darth Sauron
Shaber, i think there had been
just not for a long long time.

It shows what happens when you bring the big wide world into your own place, i hope your listening america

Nazgulinthedark
laughing out loud

Smodden
I see the mirror of Galadriel. I see stars, a moon -harvest...and seven years of plenty...then seven skinny cows...then the wheat bowed to me...ok seriously...:
I would have to say given the circumstances of the 3rd age, It would be a hard desicion.
Withywindle.
Old man willow would become my friend. I would teach him to walk, and we would stroll thru the forest together, hand in limb....as we walk, he would teach ME how to sing...and we would sing dark and spooky songs at night and scare the other trees...I wouldn't be scared because he would be next to me, like a body guard, ...like a companion, Old man willow...I would find out his 'real' name, I'm sure he has one, and it must be very long...old man willow dosn't seem like a name that he always would have had...He could not be evil at heart...no, I would teach him, and he would teach me, and we would achieve a balance, nobody would have ever seen in anybody.
He's afraid to go beyond his borders I assume, and he may not even want to leave withywindle. I'd tell him that-even though other parts of the world are extremly different, and so far away, all he has to do is look up at the night sky, and see the exact same stars he's seen his whole life, at home.
I know he'd try to eat me at first...but that will change. The world is so different from his point of view...He towers above every one else, he sees things nobody else can see, or even care about. It must be so sad...to be a tree, to see the world about you, change entirely, to see rivers move on forever, to see generations of creatures living and dying...and living and dying. And dying. While you yourself age on forever, only getting biger and biger, never seeming to end...
not all would be bad, I guess, new seasons would bring new life to yourself I suppose, each year you'd get fater, and grow more green leaves, where the other ones forsook you....You'd ultimatly give yourself up for others...young giving fruit(if available) shade, a home for some....and You'd go on if you were cut down...your very bones used to make planks for a house, or a boat...giving even in the end everything you ever had including your very self...for someone else.
There is more to old man Willow than most think...just step in his skin, walk around a little, sing, live...You'll see what I mean.
So, I'd live in Withywindle...

you-know-who
mt fav place would have to be fangorn... yup

drunk_nazgul
Oh my GOD.
If I had the chance to live in Middle-earth at all, I would not stay in one spot for long.
Imladris, then the Shire, then Rohan, then Gondor, then Ithilien, Lorien, and we can't forget Mordor.
But one place... ... ... uhm... Gondor. Yes. And I would remodel it. stick out tongue

kanis
alien I would just travel around middle earth as a hired sword.

Discos
sitting with my feet up in the prancing pony, that place sounds like such a laugh,

ladygrim
ive changed me mind.... isengard or mordor...

Fionnoula
i think it would have to be either the Shire, Rohan, Ithilien, Lothlorien or Rivendell or maybe Minas Tirith...

...so basically i'd be happy almost anywhere

atheist
Dol Amoroth or Osgiliath before it was destroyed.

Smodden

Sar
id live in Rohan- i just think theyre the people i identify most with- it just suits me more than anyother place i think.

Fëanor
i'd live with tom bombadillo. we'd sing and dance and frolick through the woods and be happy....no expression

xXLauriëXx
blink

Exabyte

Fëanor
truthfully though i'd probably take a trek down south and explore a brave new world, to seek out new life and new civilization, to boldly go where no elf has gone before.....

ta dah daaaah dah dah dah.....ta dah daaaaah dah dah dah

Mandos
And I would live in the south so when Feanor comes to explore, I'll shoot him back up north.

Fëanor
Originally posted by Mandos
And I would live in the south so when Feanor comes to explore, I'll shoot him back up north. laughing

not if i have on my cloaking device....

me: ensign, steady as she goes. heading 5, 5 mark 0.
ens: aye aye sir.
1st officer: captain...there seems to be a large globe like ship on our screen.
me: can you make out what is?
1st off: it looks like.... a death star
me: blink a wot?

Mandos
laughing out loud Yes, I am aboard my death star

Fëanor
Originally posted by Mandos
laughing out loud Yes, I am aboard my death star hehehe....shifty

Smodden
"Niner tango...east of the apache relay"

Fëanor
"red leader, red leader....this magenta leader, over"

shadowy_blue
Originally posted by Smodden
I see all of these things...but what about the sun? You'd miss it...yes
I've never really been fond of the sun. no2

wink

Fëanor
me neither....especially when look straight at it no expression

lothlorien.elf

LadyOfMirkwood9
I would chose to go to Mirkwood no doubt

Draugwen

warcraft xs
i would probably choose one of the coastal gondor cities like pelegir. Also did anyone notice the people waiting at the flame beakens where the **** do they live

Rachel Evenstar
I would probably have to say that I would live in either the Shire, Rivendell, or Minas Tirth.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by warcraft xs
i would probably choose one of the coastal gondor cities like pelegir. Also did anyone notice the people waiting at the flame beakens where the **** do they live

Mountain villages. It is possible. I mean those beacons are verry important so someone has to guard them and keep watch at all times. Since after all Mordor was raging war with Gondor and the northern lands and even against Rohan through Isengard.

Leggy_n_Merry
Hmm.. you'd think I would have posted in here before but I have not.

I would love to live in the Shire; Hobbits' lives just seem really good and peaceful and everything. I think it just seems like what life would be like living in the country, because I would love to live there. In a small village where everyone knows everyone. Ahh that sounds so nice.

I would also like to live in Rivendell I think. Oooh or Rohan. What it's like there reminds me of life about 1000 years ago, and I always say I want to live like that (even though it would realistically be terrible).

Master Vos
I would like to live in several places:

Caras Galadhon (living among the tress)

Bree (a peaceful yet excitable place)

& finally

Umbar (awesome Corsairs)

st@rlight
lotlorien cool

aniron
either hobbiton because I come from wales so its a bit like wales only much much older. Or in Mirkwood with sexy legolas or rohan because they love horses. or rivendell because it looked beautiful and I have a few bones to pick with Elrond and I love Arwen. Or maybe Gondor because if it can produce boromir and faramir t must be a good place. O I don't know I just wanna live there lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.