Masonic imagery in "Tombstone"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roundisfunny
I watched my DVD of "Tombstone" the other day, and noticed for the first time that Turkey Creek Jack Johnson was wearing a Masonic pendant. It's during the scene when he asks Doc why he fights by Wyatt's side.

Anybody else notice any other Masonic imagery in that film. Or, better still, any historians out there who might know whether Turkey Creek Jack Johnson was supposed to be a Mason, or if it was just something the actor was wearing?

mikemilne
I don't know how many replies you got about your observation of Turkey Creek's masonic emblem. I read an interview with the actor who said that he is a mason and the emblem is an antique which belongs to him personally. He wore it with his outfit because it was from that period & was the sort of detail that adds authenticity to a cowboy costume.
I am glad he did because I think it's cool to see masonic stuff thrown int the background of movies, with no further reference to it in the script.

roundisfunny
Whew! Thank you! I thought that question would linger forever unanswered. I did a little searching, and the Masons did exist in Tombstone around that time, but there's little else on the web about it. Thanks again!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.