how is harry a half-blood?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

angelsflame265
Isn't he a pure blood because his parents were a wich and wizard?

The Unknown
His mother was born from Muggles.

shaber
Lily was a mudblood. Lily's blood was 100% human. James' blood is 100% wizard species. Mix the two. Half Harry's blood is Lily's - worthless. Half of it is James' cool You would have thought James could have done better than Lily... confused

Lily having magic powers does not make her any better, it just makes her more dangerous. The AI machines in the Matrix were sentient like humans. It did not make them humans though. It just made them DANGEROUS. eek!

raven guardia
I had a thread going like this a while ago, and was trying to figure out what he was. I think he is a half-blood. although I believe he should be a pure blood.

purebloods rock!

Orlando Bloom03
Ya.......OK...

myredmirage95
hate to break this to you shaber but, dude, ur not a wizard.. so in ur world ur even less of a pureblood than harry blink shock of the century for you i'm sure. (oh ya.. dont think wizards classify as a "species"wink

celestial_moon
he's not a pureblood because his mother posessed muggle blood which carried on 2 him.

angelsflame265
but if it went on ppl posessing muggle blood then everybody would be some what half-blood because somewhere down the line every family has a muggle in it, cause people with magic in there blood came from muggles

celestial_moon
not really; pure bloods r related somehow, by marriage etc.

thelotrlovr15
remeber sirius saidthat all pure-bloods are relate somehow...
i always thouhgt that he was pure-blood... his mom was a witch... and his dad a wizard... he is pure-blood... but voldemort keeps on saying that he is half-blood... because he is half-blood... maybe he is....vause voldemort is...
but then why would draco have offered his friendship to him in the beginning? he doesn't like anyone else less than a pure-blood...
harry's life is known by most wizards...
think about it...

celestial_moon
dude, draco malfoy likes fame...harry potter's famous...think about it.

angelsflame265
no i'm saying that pure-bloods had to come from a muggle-born sometime or another i mean if u go far enough back everybody has to have a little muggle blood in them

shaber
Pure blood wizards ARE another species because <gasp> JKR said they were in an interview in the Time magazine eek! eek! Happy Dance

Aldaron
I'm sure you'll be able to find the interview and post the link to it.

celestial_moon
good idea.

harrypfan
lilly is muggleborn but James is a wizard

Aldaron
IN Tolkien's books wizard weren't a species. The only thing that's different is some have magic in their blood and some don't or some have half of magic in their blood. It's never been made really clear to me how a wizard or a witch has magic in their blood.

Barbossas Child
In tolkien books wizards ARE a different species technically cause they didn't come from Ea (the world) the were sent to Middle Earth to aid, guide and wisen the peoples. Did not ye read the books?? Have not ye read the Silmarillion? Don't ye understand Tolkien??? (Tolkien is my hero

Harry Potter IS a half-blood... Get OVER it!!! Lily came from a muggle family, which means half his family is muggle ergo he is half-blood, savy? (Ye people are not blonde are ye?)

And even if ye didn't want to believe this resonable explanation jus' think 'bout it. J.K. Rowling WROTE the books. J.K. Rowling SAID Harry was a half-blood. Who r ye to question the creators right to do what she pleases with her creation?
Harry Potter exists because of J.K. Rowling. So, where Harry Potter Books are concerned, what J.K Rowling says GOES, savy?

Barbossas Child
Ye r weird... Lily Dangerous?

celestial_moon

angelsflame265
ok look in the second book one of the hufflepuffs thats scared of harry (can't remember the name) said that he was a pure blood and that harry could check 6 genarations back intill he would reach a muggle, so if harry is a half-blood because his mother has muggle blood in her magic blood doesn't the hufflepuff kid have a little muggle blood in him even if its 6 generations?

Barbossas Child
But he's not Harry

Tonks
Harry is more like a 1/4 blooded person. His mom is a Mud Blood (sorry ppl) and his dad is like a full blooded. so that makes him like a 4th blooded person.

Sorry ppl I just relized what i wrote. he is a half blood. cause his mom is a Mud Blood. and his dad is a wizard. so that makes him on the other hand a half blood.

or is it like this? his mom is like a half of a witch. so that makes him fourth blooded?

This is all confusing me so i have to think it over again!

celestial_moon
he would b considered half blood

angelsflame265
idk i just think that a pure-blood is some one with two partents that have magic in there blood, and a half-blood is someone with a muggle (not a drop of magic in there vains) and wizard parent

Barbossas Child
Okay, I no this may sound crude but bare wiv me. It's like animals. ok

you have a dog, with pure labradore parents. that mates with a dog that is only part labradore (like only one labradore in the family history). Now one of the pups looks exactly like a labradore, this doesn't mean that it IS a labradore, it's only HALF labradore.

any way, that's how I see it.

Alar
hehe, gone explainin by means of dog breeding?

shaber
Psst: Lily half killed Voldemort so that makes her an EXTREMELY dangerous woman! eek! eek! Happy Dance evil face sick sick

Since the mudbloods have gained ascendency, they have outlawed sensible leisure pursuits such as muggle-hunting (see OoTP) This is terrible! eek! A sensible course of action from the first would have been to kill every mudblood at birth (It's muggle parents wouldn't be able to save it laughing out loud )

angelsflame265
i think i'm the only person who questions this. . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.