man-spider and "the Fly"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Vengeance
spider-mans organic reminded me of the movie "the fly" the new one with the guy from jarrasic park in it. A good example is the disturbing and nastly powers the fly had like he could vomit acid sick well organics are just as nasty

badsymbiote
The character of Seth Brundle was played by the delectable Jeff Goldblum--undeniably yummy 20 years ago, and still worth mentioning. It was a great story. I loved the "Seth Brundle museum of Natural History" which was his medicine cabinet--where he temporarily housed everything that fell off and/or out of his body. Very humorous.

who?-kid

Mr Zero
Not if we turn it into a "how cool was the FLY remake" thread.

So Cronenberg finally found the right movie for his "your flesh will betray you" mantra and DAMN what a great movie. Goldbloom - what inspired casting agent pitched him? It didn't hurt that He and Geena Davis were getting all sweaty in real life - it made the scenes of them together all the more believable.

A downright creepy horror movie that didn't rely on buckets of gore and people jumping out of shadows.

who?-kid
True, the movie wasn't too bad. But the sequel sucked !

Another movie, not a Carpenter-movie, who also has (a bit) this "your flesh will betray you" thing, is Hellraiser. I thought that movie was scarier than The Fly (which was also scary). Pinhead was a cool character but I wouldn't want to meet him.

Btw, is this going to get moved ? It's not exactly Spider-Man we're talking about...

Stormy Day
Dark Vengeance shame on you for making another Man-Spider thread we already have like five there you can discuss anything about Man-Spider you want to this was very uneccessary confused

Spiderman_RJ
wow why is that, i have seen already 3 different tv spot in my country with 12 new scenes of the movie i havent seen even on the official site. plus all spoilers u read concerning spiderman is true also yours stormy the novel will be the ending of the movie ......sorta like that but he doesnt D** you know hell be alive, but they wont show us. by the way why the haeck they sold the novel before the movie and are hanging the game?

Mr Parker
Thats what I have heard from many others I have spoken to over the years Vengence.I have heard from many people both online and in real life how the organics remind them of the movie THE FLY because just like THE FLY,organics are as nasty and disturbing as the flys vomit spit is. sick

Stormy Day
Oh great now we got Mr Parker in on the convo

who?-kid
So I was right, this is an "I hate the organic webshooters"-thread in disguise.

Yawn...

Red Superfly
Well, the Fly is a kind of science-fiction kinda comic book movie isn't it? Same thing as Spider-Man I guess, what's the problem in making the comparison?

When did Man-Spider first appear in the comic books? I'm not THAT much of geek to know the specifics, but I'm just guessing it was the 80's, around the time the movie came out. I bet Stan Lee (or whoever wrote the comics at the time) saw the Fly and thought "Hey, I wonder what would happen if I did something like that with Spider-Man?"

who?-kid
I wouldn't bet on it...

Red Superfly
OK then. Sheesh.

Dark Vengeance
the fly was supposed to be disturbing spider-man isnt and spider-man came out in the 60's

Dark Vengeance
the only reason I posted this is because I say the fly last night. and come on people orgaincs come from body fluid that pretty gross

Stormy Day
There are so many threads about the organics why did you have to make a new one Dark Vengeance sad ?

Red Superfly
Do you even READ the posts? We are talking about the Man-Spider monster that Pete turns into, which came much later in the series life.

Fer chris'sakes.

Dark Vengeance
well I kinda think ive got a valid point here you see Orgainics are a body fluid and if you think about it its a bit nasty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.