damn guitar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
I have a Squier strat (relatively new) and the A string is all buzzy sounding confused

SeptemberRain
that sucks, maybe it was put in a bit wrong

Darth Revan
I've had it for a pretty long time though... My dad bought it like 5 or 6 years ago

SeptemberRain
i thought u said it was relatively new, i wouldnt say that was very new. well, whens the last time u restrung it?

Darth Revan
Well, "relatively" new... I didn't say it was that new...

I'm not sure, it's my dad's and I've only been playing it for maybe a month

in any case, I doubt it's the string itself... Usually if your strings are too old it just causes problems with keeping the instrument in tune erm

SeptemberRain
well than, sorry , cant help you

el barto
I might get a Fender Telecaster rock It's really cool.

SeptemberRain
I have Tele, semi hollow body

loserib
telecatsers are great ive benn wanting one for days
the promblem youhave might just be the nut (the part of the guitar where the strings fit in liittle groves before the you run em through the tuners)

Bad Boy
Here a list of that could be wrong...

How old are the strings?
Is the bridge pulled up?
Is the neck bent?
Stringed correctly?
Is it a string that has been picked out from a different pack than the others?

Or if it's all done right, just give it some time to settle in!

Spicy_Mchaggis
you may have to get it re-fretted. my friends guitar sounded like static shit, before he got it refretted.
the string may be broken too. if its really loose its broken. you can stretch strings out so that the nickel plated part is actually off the string.

sk8stuff09
MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE....SQUIERS SUCK...THEYR THE CRAPPY BRAND OF FENDER...IF YOUR A BEGINNER...I UNDERSTAND WHY U HAVE ONE....I USED TO HAVE A CRAPPY GUITAR TOO...YOU DONT NEED A NICE ONE WHEN U FIRST START OUT...

el barto
.... Please turn off your caps and say that again so it makes sense.

Cyclops
laughing Barto...

Check the bridge, and (at the risk of sounding redundant) change the strings.

SeptemberRain
My Hamer is doing that now, but on the B string, it just started last night.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.