Velvet Revolver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Striel
I was wondering how many of you have heard the band "Velvet Revolver" and if you have heard them, do you like their music?

Stone Temple Pilots is my favorite band, so of course I was excited to hear that Scott Weiland had a new band (with Slash from Guns N' Roses). I bought the CD today, and I think it's GREAT! It has a nice sound to it, like a throwback to some of the rock from 10 years ago.

I highly recommend it to EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Revan
Isn't it just Guns 'n' Roses with a new name? Anyways... yeah they rock

SeptemberRain
yeah, they are good. I didnt like them at first, but i started to like them more and more. I didnt know that was slash, i thought it was some guy trying to immitate his look.

tabby999
what amazes me is that Slash looks so young. this is a guy who started drinking vodka because the two bottles of burbon a day was sending his tounge black. he looks fitter than most people i know

Striel
No.

loserib
velvet revolve are awsome they have the best parts of two of the best bands i cany wait to see them live

Striel
If they come within 300 miles of me I'm going to see them in concert.

bardock
they are the best band today in my opinion.

Darth Revan
Actually... I checked into this and yes they are. The only difference is that their vocalist is Scott Weiland (sp?) from STP

bardock
its got slash duff and matt. from gnr. guns rocked so it doesnt matter

Tptmanno1
I heard somewhere that they all pretty much kicked the habit.

Darth Revan
yes

After Slash nearly died, I think he got the idea wink

twigNig
Has anyone heard their album? I like their song "Slither" but it's the only Velvet Revolver song I've heard. I would like to know if it's worth getting the album.

bardock
he did die then he got he got revived he was legally dead, i think he partied a little hard back in the day.

Angel Heart 75
Velvet Revolver's debut album Contraband is a true classy act .

It s full of powerful riffs like the one in Superhuman or Big Machine and s got also his share of sweet ballads (especially the haunting and moving Loving The Alien ) .

All in all a great hard rock album, worth the buy and my fave album (and band) so far this year .

Can't wait to see them live since they re rocking a lot Happy Dance

Red Superfly
I love Velvet Revolver. Awesome.

Deathblow
They're pretty good, but to me they'll never compare to Stone Temple Pilots.

Alpha Centauri
I hate it when people do that shit.

"Velvet Revolver are Guns N Roses with Scott Weiland."

No, they're a new band. The members were in Guns N Roses but the similarities end there. Just let them have a career without being held up to what already was for crying out loud.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
I agree Alpha. People say the same thing about Audioslave, and alot of other bands that are made of members from already established bands.

loserib
the second guitarist is not from GnR

Jason Wyngarde
scott isnt as good of singer as axl

Alpha Centauri
I think Scott is more suited to the band than Axl Rose was however.

-AC

Jason Wyngarde
yeah he works better with other people. but i like axls unique sound

bardock
i wonder what thier next single will be

tabby999
he's been legaly dead 5 times

Alpha Centauri
Duff hasn't got the idea yet.

I saw him doing an interview and he had a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand, taking swigs like there was no tomorrow.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.