Wut would u do if u were dropped in LOTR?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StillPrettiest
Just tell me wut u'd do. Thats all. Or tell me about dreams related 2 LOTR. I wanna kno so i'm not the only insanely obesessed person!

§pearhead
I'd sit around at the pubs thumb up

StillPrettiest
OK! But i was thinking more along the lines of "If you were in the fellowship" or something like that.

Exabyte

Thór Vór

BloomBabyGirl
i would get me n legolas drunk beer

no um....i would capture a nazgul and then have it eat sauruman and then pick up legolas n aragorn n take em a w aa y

Elessea
I dunno what i would do? I guess just see the sights and enjoy myself smile Go somewhere where there are still trees and untouched nature, and enjoy myself big grin

i also hate following Exa..she has such good responses, hera nd I'mdead both sad so hard to follow stick out tongue

Discos
tbh (not being cheeky) I probably would be at the pub in Bree, The prancing pony, its got a Irish theme to it which I like

I wouldn't want to be a soldier......sod that

Discos - even though there is a nice chick at Minas Tirith

Nazgul lord
I'D GET STABBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Montross
I'd kill Frodo and take the ring:
It could have been mine! It should have been mine! It came to you only by unhappy chance!

azszhz
i wouldnt join the fellowship cuz i'd only end up screwing things up
but i would travel the country and meet people i already know from the books and make cynical jokes related to the books that no one would get big grin

I'm dead...
I'd interview Tom Bombadil and
A) Ask him to tell me exactly WHO and WHAT he is.
B) Get really angry when all he gives me is some annoying little song.
C) Lock him in the closet until he gives me the answer evil face

I'd probably ask Galadriel to relate her personal favorite and most affecting stories in the history of the Noldor as she experienced it, her reasons for the embalming of Lothlorien, her perception of the Elves' purpose and achievements, "tell me about Aman" etc. etc.--and then, I'd toddle over to Bag End and have tea with Sam, Merry and Pippin (and Frodo if he was still around, but I don't think I'd get anything out of him--Sam is more likely to talk. ) Also I liked the idea of listening to Bilbo's songs!

I'd bring Forlong back to life, and ask him what his final thoughts were, fighting alone and unhorsed in the middle of enemies...

I'd love to chat with the herbmaster of the Houses of Healing. Have a nice long discussion on the names and uses of all of the healing herbs in the land... then ask where I can find them.

I'd talk to Halbarad, about what it's like to be one of the Dunedain. It's got to be pretty bad, growing up in pretty much secret, and then being shunned by the general populace. Then I'd ask how his ride to Rohan went... any trouble on the road, and whatnot.

I'd love to ask Sauron some stuff...:

Me: So, Lord Sauron, what were your final thoughts when the Ring was destroyed?

Sauron (sarcastically): Well, my first thoughts were "Oh. Well, that's certainly not a good thing. What shall I do in my soon to be endless amount of spare time? Will they let me take my knitting needles into the Void?"

Me: No, really... what were you thinking? Anything along the lines of "Melkor's gonna be p!$$ed?"

Sauron: Actually, it was more like "Oh f#%@" and then my volcano erupted, my house crumbled, my armies ran away, my undead servants erm, died, and I lost all form and power." It's really an interesting experience. How would you like it if in one second, you were proven dead wrong on some pretty important issues, and then you lost everything? It's not fun.

Me: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring up such painful memories...

big grin

Bar-en-Danwedh
in the fellowship eh?

well first thing i'd do is say at the council of Elrond...

"hmmm, well iknow i'm good with a sword and a pretty kick ass fighter, I've heard great things about Boromir, Legolas is an elf, and Gimli a dwarf, so i'll just give them the benifit of the doubt, this aragorn fellow looks kind of tough but his sword is broken, but the elf seems to know him, so yeah okay...
Gandalf... well no quarells there!!! this guy kicks ass!!!
but er... four hobbits? hobbits, I mean really?!? WTF Elrond? Why take hobbits... there's nine ringwraiths!!! if we're going to do this 9 on 9 thing can we even this up a bit.... say err... I'll trade in merry for Elrond, Sam for Radaghast (we can bully him into this - besides 1 wizard is great, but 2 would be sweet!!!), i'll also give up frodo for a Haldir or that Eyomer dude from Rohan... and er... pippins cool but i don't know...
say Boromir... you got a brother or something?"

StillPrettiest
I'mdead, nice answer! I would be Leggy's sister. and kick some orc-ass and stuff. Then go drinkin' w/ Merry & Pip! beer Tee-hee! Fun! Oh yeah and check out that Eomer dude. Very hot! love

Vingilot

Nazgul lord
i'd goto the green dragon inn

angelsflame265
I would most likley (after getting over being confused) go to the Shire and live hobbit style for the rest of my days smile

StillPrettiest
hobbit-style... that would be fun! stick out tongue I'm more of the elven-warrior-princess type. Be part of the Mirkwood army. Is there a Mirkwood army? confused I know there's a Loth-Lorien army. Hmmm...

Exabyte
Warrior Princess? Hmm, that's something rarely seen in Middleearth smile

The elves didn't have real armies in the sense of fulltime-soldiers; everybody learned to fight with sword, bow, spear or whatever, but they had no fixed "army". The fighters used to call themselves "hunters" rather than "soldiers" and in their free time went hunting orcs individually stick out tongue smile and, yes, Mirkwood had warriors like that wink they had loads of them in the Battle of the Five Armies for example, or in the Battles Of The North (paralelly to the War of the Ring in the South)

Discos
am more of a born leader who wants a women yes

StillPrettiest
thnx exabyte! Warrior princesses r rarely seen in Middle-Earth. wut a pity. stick out tongue Eowyn is pretty much the only one i can remember. Unless u count Queen Aerienne, but she just had a kick-ass sword. She never really did much with it. I would do lots with it. big grin If i had it... I can try to get it... shifty

Flying High
if i wer dropped in LOTR hmm....depends wot part....if it was ware all the fighting was i wood run like hell...if sumware els i wood drink big grin

The Innkeeper
Get my ring back...

Flying High
or i would go with the elves....

Flying High
actually i wood take the ale and go with the elves big grin

Nazgul lord
i'd get stabby!!!!!!!!

Bar-en-Danwedh
i miss the thred in which i got stabby!!!

wilsons gal
i would give aragorn a whopper of a kiss...........just to statisfy my needs lol then no idea

StillPrettiest
I'm with ya on Aragorn thing! love

StillPrettiest
P.S. wut the heck does "stabby" mean??? confused

Discos
lol then arwen and you all could have a wrestling match in mud eek!

anyways, I would most likely want to kill an orc....i've never killed someone before and an orc would be doing alot of people a favour

StillPrettiest
yeah! yes a wrestling match. sounds fun. jk lol. but wut does "stabby" mean????????

Padfoot15
I'd join the fellowship (somehow) and stick with Merry and Pip when it gets separated. I mean, hobbits have more fun, its a fact! big grin

Ancalagon
i dont know what that means either... stick out tongue

Bar-en-Danwedh
stabby: to take on overwhelming emotional need to stab things/people with sharp instruments (i.e. knife, sword, ice pick)
e.g."I don't get angry, I get stabby!" - Fat Tony.

Vim
I would definitely want to be dropped in with the fellowship, and be with Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn, and kick some orc ass! I would go all Tae Kwon Do on 'em and them use two short swords to deal out orcish death.

Smodden
I second that!

Why did ush ruin our fun ?!!! huh bar..! HUH!!!??
I say rebuild it...biger and stronger,,...and USH FREE!
who's with me...

*off topic*...messed

if I was in M:E I would probably visit arwen...and tell her not to die...

Smodden
grrrrr.......ignore the last post...I'm not thinking right...
look for more indepth ...serious smodden post later...

shadowy_blue
big grin

But then we wouldn't have one of the most touching deaths in LoTR. sad

OrliNElijahsGrl
if i was dropped into LOTR, i would visit every place and every character, except the evil ones, and hang out with all the charactrs, and drink ale and party! WEE! and ride horses with legolas and the elves!

Matrix Overload
I'd go kick lot's of orc ass and then hang out in the pubs and get really drunk

OrliNElijahsGrl
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Smodden
Ok...SO i've been droped into middle earth...I'm assuming the 3rd age because you said dropped in 'LOTR'.

well...I know what I would do because I have been therewink
yes, a long time ago. when I was younger. Someone visited me and took me with him, we flew across the earth, untill the surface changed, and the glassy sea shone, and the stars whent out...then shone brighter...and I was there...
and I was alone.
when the sun first rose, I was awestruck by the beauty of it all...
I naturally walked the paths of mirkwood, saw the lonely mountain, and whent to see if tom was still in the forest...he was...and I had a long conversation with him, we talked about...about...I can't seem to remember, but we talked for so long...and the last thing I remember, was him saying:"dig deep- eat earth..." or something...I must have fallen asleep with his singing...and now I can't recall anything of all the questions I asked him...

I have never felt so distant from my home, but in a way it did seem like my home...just so much older, and more sad...but also full of joy and happiness in its own way...I didn't think about the things I think of now...and if I wasn't carefull, it was easy to forget about my world...but I never forgot...

Taken in by a kind family, I tried to explain my strange clothing, and speaking with them was difficult...the speech they knew was like nothing I never heard...sort of like anglo=saxon, but I found the accents stronger, and more direct...I managed to pick out a few words...:
istari...something about the sky...and me...
I can only wonder what they thought of me, and if they were as fasinated about me, as I was with them...
The war.
as far as I could tell, I had arived when the ring was still in possesion of frodo, and he was probably still in the fellowship...I tried to track them down, but they were to clever. Covering up there tracks and such.

I found myself not wanting to leave. Not at all, and when the 'visitor' arived he said:
"it is time"
I couldn't leave not yet, I ran, I ran over fields, and streams, and the stars began to dim, and it grew very dark, so dark I was running so wild, and I couldn't tell if my eyes were open or not...the air pushing the perspiration away from my face, and the breeze growing stronger with each stride, so dark now...I collapsed on the grown clutching the grass...in my hands..I didn't want to let go, but I had to...I had to let go of what I had...and return back to my world, at least for a time, and confront my fears...I had to risk everything and go back, I had to leave all this behind...perhaps for a beter life, on the other side...I would learn from my experiences and move on with my life...and take every risk head on, and with determination, always having my eyes set on the higher things...the things that mater so much, and the things that drive me to do all that I ...do. So I got up...and left...and returned home...and did exactly that...the journey helped me. And I'm not afraid anymore, of what might happen to me...i'm not going to fall, but if I do, it will soon pass...and I'll get up again and keep going...untill I reach my goal...'cause here I'm not alone.

shadowy_blue
*sigh*

smile love

StillPrettiest
thnx dictionary-person (Bar-en-Danwedh). stick out tongue I would definitly stick w/ Legolas! Kick major orc-ass, baby!!!!! laughing I LOVE ur answer Smodden! big grin

Gorgoroth
NO wait......I'd kill Smeagol/Gollum, Sam, and Frodo, and become good buddies with Sauron.

StillPrettiest
Nooooooooooooo! Not frodo! Take me instead. jk. rolling on floor laughing

Bar-en-Danwedh
and on top of my firsting, i third that!!!

such progress...
i had converted like 80% of middle earth into wraiths!!!

Ush, is such a bully! we were having fun...
and for the record:
*stab, stab, stab* followed by a few jokes does not constitute as real roll playing therefore negating the need to move it...

but i'll leave it at that for now...
it would just be cheap to try and resurect it now... it is lost forever, as a part to would have lost too much momentum to truly work...

StillPrettiest
WTF r u guys talking about??? who is ush??? blink

shadowy_blue
Ush was a global mod that got on most of the people's nerves here. smile He used to close a lot of threads here before, like...everyday. stick out tongue

Bar-en-Danwedh
He closed almost everythread I started or enjoyed...

they were all LOTR related, and we had this "role playing" thread that had no, stats, or quests, it was just a comedy thread were we all picked a character and just declared what we were doing...

Ush read the title and moved it, and everytimed I explained it to him he was like: "not interested, read the rules, closing thread!!!"

such a geek!

Smodden
GRRR>> thats what he said to me!
I wrote a long polite pm to him, explaining myself, but he wouldn't listen...no and now countless innocents are paying the price for his own insanitysad
and your right about reserecting it! it wouldn't have any momentum...maybee I'll try again in the nearby future...or not..

Ushgarak
Sorry folks, but the rules are clearly posted and based on experience. And they still apply now. The place for that sort of creative discourse is not in the movie/book discussion area.

And it was not just me- every mod who looked at that thread agreed.

A.D. Skinner
Nor is this the place for these kind of comments. Please read "Storm's" rules and you will see that any off topics must be limited to the Tig Party.

Too many threads have been closed due to people posting off topic comments.

Please don't be part of the problem !!!

If I were dropped in LOTR, my first task would be to hook up with Aragorn and have him teach me all the learnings of becoming a Ranger. I would ask him to invite me to Rivendell so that I could meet Elrond and learn his methods of healing.

After that I would travel the countryside, coming to a rest in Rohan where I would build a house and raise a family.

BackFire
Quit bad-mouthing Ush you guys. That's uncalled for and in poor taste. He was just doing his job. Roleplaying threads, no matter how silly or funny they were meant to be, go in the Roleplaying forum. The LOTR's forum is for movie/book talk only.

I suggest everyone move on and get over it. Don't make me close this thread because of a few bitter, sour apples in it.

The Innkeeper
Movie book talk only?
So at least you agree with me that all the 'orlando bloom' and actors lives threads should be moved to the celeb forum!

BackFire
If they're about the actors and not the characters portraid in LOTR's, then yes.

The Innkeeper
Thank you

at least one other person agrees

A.D. Skinner
Yes...but I don't see them being moved as of yet. big grin

BackFire
That's up to Storm to do, if she feels it's necessary.

The Innkeeper
I though globals could do what they will with threads

BackFire
We can, but I'd rather leave it up to Storm, since she is the mod of this place.

The Innkeeper
She is on vacation

So wouldnt it be more practical and time saving for the globals to do it while she is gone

Exa
*cough* for a mod you go off topic really easy

StillPrettiest
Hey, hey, hey! Bar-en-Danwedh, cant ya just stop acting p!$$ed off. wacko well said Exa. laughing

can we get back to the topic, then??? confused

BackFire
She could have done it before if she felt it necessary. I don't really consider it a big enough deal to search through this forum trying to find every thread about every actor and move them to the Celebrity forum. Like I said, if when Storm gets back she feels it's necessary, she can do that. I just don't care that much about this particular forum. It seems fine as it is for now.

Also Exa, you're fairly new, so perhaps you don't know the way the forums work. But when a mod is being badmouthed, it's my job to come in here and straighten everything out, even if that means going off topic for a few posts. You also will be interested to note that several other posters initiated this whole thing, by badmouthing Ush for some stupid reason. So blame them for this thread going off topic, not me.

The Innkeeper
I say this thread has gone completely off topic and after this its not exactly going to get back on topic

so it might as well be left...or closed

Exa
No I'd rather blame you stick out tongue

BackFire
Seems to be the current trend in this forum to blame mods for everything, even if they were simply doing their job. So that's fine by me.

Exa
Suit yourself

BackFire
Yep, as long as you know you're wrong, I could care less.

The Innkeeper
How do you know he is wrong?

Is anything 100% wrong

Exa
I'm wrong in your oppinion.

BackFire
Yes, I gave the reasoning as to why I am not to blame for this thread going off topic. I really don't want to repat myself, but I will.

Other people went off topic in this thread first, by badmouthing Ush in a childish and dimwitted manner. It is my job, as a mod, to come in here and make sure they know that they are not allowed to do that. If that means throwing in a few posts that are off topic, so be it. The fact is, it wouldn't have been necessary if a certain few people wouldn't have felt it necessary to get upset over something Ush did months ago. They went off topic by insulting him, and in order to do my job, I had to throw in a few other off topic posts in order to let them know that that's unacceptable. There for, it's there fault for starting it.

Exa
so you are calling everyone here childish and dimwitted?

I find that pretty sad to be honest coming in defending a guy who obviously done wrong and insulting members of KMC.

BackFire
I did not say everyone here is dimwitted and childish, read more closely. I said the manner in which they handled the situation in question was childish and dimwitted. I never even said the people themselves were dimwitted, just their actions and the way they handled their problems.

Also, Ush didn't do anything wrong. Not a thing. He was following the rules of the forum by moving the threads to their proper forum. The rules clearly state that those types of threads belong in the Role Player forum, and no where else. He did what every mod would have done in that situation.

Exa
You implied it though....imagine if they took it wrong, they would be offended and leave.

The Innkeeper
Yeah ok, the thread shouldnt be here
yeah ok they shouldnt insult ush
But ush is old enough and has the adequate 'position' to defend himself, he even gave his reason as to why he did it and it was all ok
then you posted saying to 'quit bad-mouthing him' -after- we had stopped

and the few members who did badmouth ush should be called childish, not everyone here

That kinda drains a bit of respect i had for you mate...

BackFire
"Other people went off topic in this thread first, by badmouthing Ush in a childish and dimwitted manner."

That is exactly what I said. Where in the hell did I imply that everyone in the LOTR's forum is childish or dimwitted? I simply said those that were badmouthing Ush were.

Exa
No need to swear i was just saying you might want to be careful what you say.

The Innkeeper
Which had stopped and was over with. It has now been dragged up again....Because of that post.

Ok maybe you didnt say everyone here, my mistake, i spologise

But the

"Seems to be the current trend in this forum to blame mods for everything, even if they were simply doing their job. So that's fine by me."

Is a little stereotypical

BackFire
Nah, my post was as clear as day, if someone can so grossly misinturprit something that was so clear, then that is their problem, not mine.

Also, hell isn't a swear word. It was simply being used to show my overwhelming confusion as to how anyone could misunderstand what I said.

Anyways, if I keep this up much longer, it will indeed be my fault for this thread going off topic. So I will end with this - From now on, please do not bad mouth other members, especially mods. Ush simply did what he felt was right, and I agree with his actions, as did every mod. There was no reason to bring it up in this thread, and put him down like some people did. From now on, if you have a problem with something a mod did, PM that mod about it and discuss it personally, or, failing that, PM Raz and discuss it with him. Airing it out on the forums is simply rude and in poor taste, it also achieves nothing other then making the thread in which it was aired out in to go off topic, as has bee shown by this thread.

I will leave this thread open for those who wish to continue discussing the original topic, however, anymore insults will result in the thread being closed, and an official warning to the person who said the insult.

So...back on topic.

The Innkeeper
Therefore shouldnt this conversation have been done in PMS

BackFire
Not when there were sevearl people involved.

Exa
Blasphamy is swearing and you would be offending religous members.

BackFire
Well they can just pretend I said 'heck' then. Or they can be offended, if something that trivial will offend them, then too bad.

The Innkeeper
Speed over effieciency and effectivness
a PM would at least be seen as a formal warning, here on an open thread it isnt

Ctrl C
Ctrl V

all you would have to do

BackFire
I didn't want this to be a formal warning, I just wanted to simply let people know that badmouthing mods isn't acceptable. I really didn't want to make a big deal out of this.

Exa
But Blasphamy and calling members childish and dimwitted is?

The Innkeeper
And if done in PM it wouldnt have become a big deal.

BackFire
*sigh* I tire of repeating myself. "hell" is perfectly acceptable on this site. People say it all over the boards, and no one cares. Even the religious members aren't bothered by it. In this day and age, the word 'hell' is all over teh place. I heard it on the Disney Channel once. It simply isn't considered a swear word anymore.

Again, I didn't call the MEMBERS dimwitted and childish, I said their actions, and the way they handled the situation was childish and dimwitted. Not the members themselves.

Understand?

Exa
No

The Innkeeper
You watch the disney channel blink

dude....

Discos
oh an argument, I'll join in and rant away

Discos - Boo......we want Disco-mocracy

BackFire
hmmm....well I don't know how much more simplified I can make it.

Members.....aren't........dimwitted/childish....their actions were........

Exa
I still don't understand.

BackFire
Back when I worked at blockbuster it's the only channel we were allowed to have on during work. I never said it was voluntery. stick out tongue

Discos
Hell damn fart

BackFire
Ah, oh well. I tried. Perhaps if you read the statement a few hundred times it will sink in

The Innkeeper
laughing You sure it didnt rub off onto you there...

Exa
Seriously does anyone else not understand a word he says....just jibberish to me.

BackFire
Yeah, I tried to stay away from it at work. But sometimes my GF wants to watch it, so I'll get another peek of hell.

Exa
you sure the guys at your work didn't enjoy the kids programs to much?

The Innkeeper
Oh yeah BF, your girlfriend likes it....Of course stick out tongue

how conveinient

BackFire
Some of them did actually, I personally couldn't stand it. The only humerous thing I heard was when someone said "hell" on that channel. I couldn't believe it.

Discos
Disney Channel used to have good programmes but they stopped being made ie Boy Meets World, and that programme which had the 3 brothers (the oldest brother was Joey from Blossom)

Discos - I am not ammused Backfireofftopic

BackFire
okay okay, enough about the Disney channel. Back on topic.

The Innkeeper
http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/cartoons/mickeymouse/disney01-1024.jpg

^^You could superimpose yours and your GFs faces on there big grin

Weddin photos love

Exa
If they enjoyed it so much i'd be careful mate...those kind of people aren't nice to children.

The Innkeeper
yeah so back to the topic
Ush replied and stuck up for himself, he or we didnt need you to tell us again.
Thats all i have to about that

Discos
MODS!

they come with fire.....they come with axes

Exa
You're just being a cock and not accepting the fact that you were using blasphamy whether people are offended in this forum or not it still shouldn't be used imo, and can't admit you went offtopic.

Discos
Thor......change yer nae back you pillock,

why do you always have to argue with mods and lose, your like a little cock tease ya ***** miffed

so what if he likes the disney channel and fidling kiddies

Exabyte

BackFire
Well, since some people just don't know when to quit.

closing

Feel free to start up a new thread with this same topic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.