Do you think they should just make a new badass killer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
I think they should just make a new killer franchise. Bored of most of the movies already. They're gettin` old....

What do you guys think? smokin'

HockeyHorror
NO. no more. horror movie is basically DONE. ITS ALMOST DEAD. they should make a couple of more sequels/prequels but directors need new ideas. the same shit over and over gets really boring.

stinkfist462
yes

Dogbert
Well said Hockey smile
It gets hard to come up with new ideas for horror flicks sad

amlap
i think they should make a new franchise but stay clear of the slashers. i always thought it would be cool to have a series of movies that had the same characters but in alter realities.

roundisfunny
Has there been a movie in which the villain who has used some form of mental or psychological coercion to make ordinary people kill their friends or family members?

Mordecai
Yes there has, i can't remember the movie, but i remember a movie involving something like that.

Start writing. big grin

They need to start making horror movies that are more focused around the story instead of a bad guy that kills, ofcourse there should always be the bad guy that does inhuman things to make the movie a horror, but the story needs to be more in depth, with all these huge franchises, they just add stuff to the story as they go along, which is stupid in my opinion, they could do anything with the movies which is why most people think Micheal Myers and alike can't die, ofcourse they can die (as far as i know), the writers just make up some silly way to show they somehow escaped it, so they can continue the franchise, they need to get away from this cliche, so there shouldn't be a new baddass killer, cause that killer will end up like all the others, they need to come up with a new angle, a new approach, not a new killer.

Sorry about the babble.

Lord_Andres
There are lots of new good horror movies, Wrong Turn, Jeeper Creppers 2 , FvJ, Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake, Dawn of the Dead Remake (looks sooo awsome) they just keep comin big grin

Mordecai
What the f**k?bunny

eggmayo
you are forgetting 28 days later, dog soldiers and deathwatch.
also, most new movie seem different to the old ones for some reason.
i can't remember a film that reminded me of another film, apart from ghost ship and event horizon.
anyway, the film where the guy takes over peoples minds to make them kill their friends is called trancers

amlap
more on this idea...

what i think should be done to make this a pretty bad ass franchise is have maybe six different scenarios with the characters' characteristics pretty much the same. but have six different writers and directors for each of the stories. im talking about getting directors from all different genres. cause not only will the idea of the franchise be unqine but every movie will be a new movie of its own.

i think franchises like horror one are great ideas that jsut need to be developed a shit load better. because now-a-days everybody want more than a single movie for the characters. for example...THE WHOLE TEN YEARS! ok the first one was pretty funny but wtf is up with another. maybe having these crazy alter reality franchises will elimate some of those ridiculous movies.

Cinemaddiction
Wrong Turn
Jeepers Creepers
Jeepers Creepers 2
Cabin Fever
House of the Dead
I Know What..
I Still Know What..
Soul Survivors
Urban Legends
Urban Legends 2
Ghost Ship

There has been a SIGNIFICANT load of crappy "horror" films that have emerged over the past decade. The only ones that stand out, and merited franchises, which in turn garnered success were Scream and Final Destination. Fresh approaches to the genre which were always entertaining.

Thankfully, movies like Wrong Turn and House of the Dead are helping this pathetic genre on it's way out the door.

HockeyFace
I thin that I have some fresh ideas myself. I think there should be a horror villain that uses torture devices to kill his vitctims... gullotine, closing walls, Procrusteas-style stretching, bodies beingg stuffed into casks like in the cask of amontillado, flooding of rooms, pit and pendulum, etc. Hmmm... i could see Max Von Sydow in that role as a sophisticated but sadistic Count that gets a kick out of torture and death.

Also a vampire story with China's first emperor Qin Shiguandi would be good. since Qin always wanted immortality it could be said that he actually did so by becoming a vampire. It would work well because Qin is a historical figure that was cruel and sadistic so it would be easy to make a horror movie about him.

Mordecai
yes

chilled monkey
Personally I think that a new horror franchise could work if it was done properly. Horror icons like Jason, Michael, Freddy etc have a large following, but I agree that the genre could use some 'new blood'.

If they do make a new horror franchise character, I think that it should be female. That would be very interesting.

Shmoo
I would like to see a new horror franchise cuz like the original poster said they are getting old.

There is going to be a horror movie called "The Grudge" coming out somtime next fall, its a remake of the japenese movie..... http://www.buffy.nu/article.php3?id_article=3077

LeatherLep43
I think Jeeper Creepers will probably turn into a new franchise. The Creeper has the look for a some great sequel time in the future. But, he will probably get old, or the series will, and die out. Leprechaun, Freddy, Chucky (I dunno), Michael, Jason, etc. are heading into a bad direction.

amlap
all i have to say is that i am not at all impressed with the sequel to Jepper Creepers. and that if they continue the make it a huge franchise then Horror is going right back to the eightys. enough with the slasher bullshit. its time for horror films to take chances... like for instance i dont recall there ever being a horror franchise that continued a story in a trilogy, concluding the franchise on the third. kind ofa part 1&2&3. something like the owen i guess, but they killed the owen with the other random 3 sequels.

Gregory
Evil Dead?

Anyway, I've never really liked slasher movies. It seems to me that it's time for something new.

Shmoo
do you mean like Scream??

amlap
the thing about evil dead is that every movie was a movie of its own. the serie didnt really carry the same story, just the same character experiencing new events.

scream was just a lame serie in my mind. the scream serie seemed --to me-- that they made the story up as they went along (although they CLAIM that the idea for the movies were thought up as a trilogy)

the best way i could explain it is relating the idea with LOTR. three seprate movies that continue from the last til the final showdown (or whatever it might be)!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.