Oasis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SeptemberRain
Whatever happened to the band, Oasis?
That was a great band. I didn't have albums, but i like them.
So, does anyone know if they broke up or something?

tabby999
nah their still together but their only really good albums were Definatly Maybe and (Whats The Story) Morning Glory. their latest one is apparently not too bad

finti
guess the brothers are busy being drunk and getting their asses whooped

moonwalker741
^ umm ok no expression

well, oasis kick a55, wonderwall wuz great.....i dunno wut happened to them though

Gemini no Saga
Oasis , i like just 2 songs : "wonderwall" and "Stop Crying Your Heart Out".

Df02
Oasis....last i heard Liam got the crap kicked out of him by 2 estate agents and an IT consultant...even when his 2 minders were there lol

moonwalker741
o yeh stop crying your heart out is gret too

SeptemberRain
ok, so they are still together, but been getting the crapped kicked out of them.

fuct_up_kid
wow...that was so scary...i was just about to make an oasis thread when i saw yours....weird.

yeah i love oasis. wonderwall and she's electric are great songs. oh, and dont look back in anger.

SeptemberRain
That is weird, their live stuff is great. But was your thread about their music or what happened to them?

fuct_up_kid
just bout their music...

SeptemberRain
I thought so

KMC
ahb Oasis- my favourite band. They are recording a new album at the moment.
Anyone see them at Glasto? I only saw it on TV but they were great and Zak Starkey (son on Ringo) has started playing drums with them. He is possibly the best drummer i've ever seen- far superior to Ringo.

Kate xx

Clovie
i like wonderwall and watever by them.

i haven't heard anything about them breaking up.

but i know one of the brothers got married and maybe even divorced i'm not sure bout that erm

SeptemberRain
not to bash Ringo, well it sort of is, he never was a very good drummer. Im glad that his son plays better than him tho

im not burlyman
I saw them at Glasto on friday, they were great, but their performance/ crowd interaction was disappointing.
I was in the pit (getting crushed by fat drunk footie supporters) but was so good cause everyone was singing along.
yeah, Zak was superb.
big grin

tabby999
yeah noel kicked his drug habbit but got addicted to the drug they gave him to ween him off the origional drug....i know, stupid, but shit, him and his brother pionered brit pop (well and Stoneroses). apparently Noel didn't like Wonderwall and said he didn't want to sing it, damn i'm glad he did

KMC
Without the stone Roses there'd be no Oasis.
Noel wrote 'Wonderwall' but Liam didnt want to sing it, and i quote, it was 'poofters music'. what an idiot...

Kate xx

mad 4 it
WTF
u fukin idiot, oasis r still mad fer it m8, still very much about en r releasin a new album around christmas

mad 4 it
i saw em at poole not so long ago this year en they were still mad fer it!

mad 4 it
so people who av sed a load a shit about oasis in this post dont av a clue,en also there nt that band oasis, there oasis, the most succesful bloody brit/rock band around, av a bitta respect people, wankers a the top, 5 number one albums 7 or 8 number 1's i fink they deserve it!!!

mad fer it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STILL

mad 4 it
i saw em at glastenbury aswell, it was a bit crappy , fanx to the crap crowd wiv no interest in the band , fukin festival go'ers, poole were top notch tho en liam were on top form , the album is on the way people,
keep the faith

mad 4 it
Any oasis fans gonna add summit yea, go on

mad 4 it
talkin too me self here , reply to me, now u wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Revan
Oh boy, a new moronic n00b fear

bardock
i like em

bardock
this just in mad 4 it wins stupidest noob of the day award congrats

Darth Revan
yes

SeptemberRain
i agree with u Bardock

Victor Von Doom
Oasis are a standard meat and potatoes rock band that should only appeal to the over 40's who are wistful for a time when music was solid and has a tune.

bardock
What the f**k?

Victor Von Doom
It's fine. Really.

amity75
I quite like them but I don't tell too many people and folk like mad 4 it (probable age 13) give Oasis a bad name.

carnager
Oasis rules.
Their attitude dun win them many new fans but it's who they are.
I'd rather have that than some pretentious band who complain and whine about the downside of fame when they do get famous.
Their songs are simple and catchy. No extra angst.
Plus, they wear cool clothes.
Cheerz!!

*Georgina_A*
I think Oasis are pretty good yes

ragesRemorse
Oasis was a great band. thgouh their music wasnt original it was done with an original twist.We dont get this style of music to often anymore. the band was loaded with talent, However, they left before they reached the prime of it. Shit the broher was an alchoholic, they had rock greatness tatood all over them. LOL

el_barto
I lk n0bs ho tlk lke ths stick out tongue

KMC
^Indeed.

As much as i love them, i will approach their new album with caution. Heathen Chemistry was ok, nothing as ground-breaking as Definitely Maybe or Morning Glory. We'll see.

Kate xx

Linkalicious
i have their original album with Champagne Supernova and Wonderwall on it.

I love that CD, those two songs are freaking outrageous, and the rest of the CD isn't that bad either.

I miss them, but I'm kinda glad they are gone because their hits are classics.

KMC
Original album? those songs are from Morning Glory which was their 2nd.
They arent gone, not quite.

Kate xx

koolruningz
I was at the age of going out and getting shit faced in London when Oasis were at their peak, great days. Liam was always a bit of a **** but their music was fantastic. Nothing original really just great songs that reached a generation. Noel is a great musician and is only guilty for telling it the way it is, alot of people hated him for that but he obviously didnt give a shit. They never really craked the US the way i thought they would but in England they were kings for a while. They even brought Man City out from the shadow of Old Trafford. My favourite songs of theirs were "dont look back in anger", "columbia", "cast no shadow", "live forver", "some might say", shit they were all good to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.