DC vs Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joker1237
I read the 2 comics got togetor and had a super hero battle a few years ago.

Non of you guys whould know the out comes of these fights will you?

stinkyundies870
Spider Man kicked everyone's asses

Joker1237
I have a hard time beliving that Spiderman won, I read bits and part of the 3 part comic, I know Strom beat wWonderwoman

Batman and Cap American had a draw,

Flash beat Siver Sufer Or something like that.

Superman beat the Hulk and Robin beat Jubliee, thats about all I rember.

Gregory
Flash beat Quicksilver.

Aquaman beat Namor.
Wolverine beat Lobo.
Silver Surfer beat Green Lantern (I think)
Human Torch beat Martian Manhunter (I think).

The problem with the fights was that they were decided by fan vote, rather than by how good the fighters actually were. This explains, for example, how Wolverine beat Lobo, even though Lobo is tougher than Superman. Although it sort of raises the question of how the universally mocked Namor rip-off Aquaman beat the (I always thought) extremely popular Sub-Mariner.

Spawnie
I don't think Wolverine could dismiss Lobo that easy. Lobo is more powerful then Wolvie, what tha hell happend? How did he beat him?
Lobo the destroyer of worlds beaten by merely a lower class mutant, bljah. I love Wolvie but I can't say he can beat LObo.

ScarletSpider
Thor beat Captain Marvel.
Spiderman beat Superboy.

Although there was a splash page of the Thing and the Human Torch going at it with Martian Manhunter and Firestorm, that wasn't one of the main battles that the story hinged on.

vu_Quang
flash beat quicksilver. but i do believe it was in a race?

Joker1237
Human Torch beat Martian Manhunter by Gregory

How in the world can the Manhunter lose this fight??? I know its votes. But I think Manhunters powers are too strong for any thing the Torch can thown at.

Gregory
I could be mistaken; it's been a while since I've read that comic. But considering that the Martian Manhunter's only real weakness is fire, I don't think the Human Torch would be a pushover.

Somebody asked how Wolverine beat Lobo. They were wrestling, they fell out of view, and Wolverine beat him off-panel. One of the more stupid fights in the book (and it was very brief as well).

I don't think Flash and Quicksilver were racing.

Jargon343
Kinda late I know but:

Spiderman beat Superboy
Superman beat Hulk
Batman beat Captain America
Wolverin beat Lobo
Robin beat Jubilee
Elektra beat Catwoman
Aquaman beat Sub-mariner
Storm beat Wonderwoman, with the help of Thors hammer IIRC

punkyhermy
yey! batman beat captian america!!!!

oh elecktra beat catwoman???i'm not surprised, catwoman's not exactly the best martial female artist in DC...
Stom beat WW...hhhmmm i guess that is plausible...

Arachnoidfreak
These fights werent based on skill, they were based on vote from readers.

Manowar
i think its stupid how in 1981 The Hulk was beaten by Superman AND (worst of all) Batman!!!

punkyhermy
hulk was beaten by batman????
wow...that is impressive...
'worst of all'??? i'm proud of dahling bats!!!

Arachnoidfreak
It was based on popularity, Batman really doesn't stand a chance against any Hulk incarnation.

hotsauce6548
didnt all the heroes fuse together or sumthin in them comics?

Jargon343
Yeah. The plot of the Marvel vs. DC books was that whichever universe lost the majority of the fights would be destroyed. Of course, that didn't happen (I was happy to see that they didn't try to pull the 'its a tie' bullshit though). Instead, the two universes mixed together and the result was a bunch of comics called 'Amalgam Comics'. AC was a bunch of one-shot comics which revolved around characters from the two companies mixing together (for example, one issue was about a character who was an amalgam of Wolverine and Batman). Strangely, the comics were not origin stories, they read as if they were just another issue in a classic storyline. Even the letters section in the back were written in that form.

Joker1237
man that is nice to know Wolvie and Batman teaming up, as one and I do mean ONE lol

Manowar
the absolute BEST amalgam is The Joker and Sabretooth to make Hyena

Joker1237
So what type of Villain was Hyena like?? Wonder what the killer rage of Sabertooth with the insane and murders plans of the Joker was like??

With both as one, it will be double the kills imo

moshtitan
who was hulk mixed with? i could never figure it out. just said Skulk.

Jargon343
Solomon Grundy.

Here's an article on the whole amalgam comics thing for those who missed it:

http://www.quarterbin.net/recycleb/rb79.html

LeAtHerRFace
its more of a popularity fight. such as the fight between spiderman and superboy... spiderman won cuz hes alot more popular to the audience

Alpha Centauri
Dark Claw was the Batman/Wolverine amalgamation.

I think Marvel would come out on top easily aside from the best of DC. Like Superman wouldn't beat Hulk. But he'd beat alot of others. Batman VS Daredevil is more apt than Captain America I think also.

-AC

Joker1237
I think DC with Supes and Wonderwoman could trash most of Marvel,

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha Wonderwoman. Yes and I'm sure her Lasso will do alot to the likes of Hulk, Juggernaut, Abomination, Thanos, Surfer......

Goes on and on.

-AC

Joker1237
She is almost as strong as Superman for crying out loud, I think she can take out the Hulk, and Juggie.

Alpha Centauri
Well Superman only beat Hulk by votes and would only ever beat Hulk by votes and Wonder-Woman isn't as strong as him.

But if you want Marvel VS DC then bring in The Maestro and let him send DC packing alone. Simple.

-AC

papablkbear
Overall doesn't marvel have more powerful characters then dc. If u consider all the characters of past and present in marvel and dc

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

Superman, Doomsday and Wonder-Woman or whoever really.

Against:

Maestro Hulk, Thanos, Galactus, Thor, Surfer or whoever else.

I think Marvel would win this easily.

-AC

Joker1237
Well Wonder Woman can left montians, I read a comic were a rock was falling on a city or something, she just stop the rock with her bare hands, (No this was not a small rock, this rock was bigger than a building)

So I put her strenght on a par with Superman. Superman can beat the Hulk easy, I mean Supes does not even feel pain unless a certain geen rock was glowing.

Alpha Centauri
"Well Wonder Woman can left montians, I read a comic were a rock was falling on a city or something, she just stop the rock with her bare hands, (No this was not a small rock, this rock was bigger than a building)"

Hulk lifted a multi billion ton mountain in Secret Wars. Not a rock, an actual mountain. So yeah, that rock would be a pebble to him.

As for Superman, he died of exhaustion after fighting Doomsday. Hulk would paste him and steal his "S" then wear it for fun.

-AC

Joker1237
Dont forget Doomsday went out in that fight too.

Alpha Centauri
I'm not forgetting that. Just remembering that Superman did too. Doomsday didn't kill him but the fight did. No fight that Hulk is ever in would kill him unless he was killed by his opponent. Which wouldn't happen with Supes.

Plus, Doomsday landed in Dayton, Ohio. Hulk's hometown. He's lucky the green behemoth wasn't home.

-AC

Jargon343
They broke each other's necks, didn't they?

punkyhermy
SUPWEMAN WILL DESTROY HULK!!!You are forgetting his alien powers like that heat vision, it will burn through hulk!!!!He burnt down Lex Luthor in this episode of JL.Killed him with his vision alone!

papablkbear
Sorry put hulk has an incredible healing and regenerative powers. He could takea hit from superman's heat vision and it wouldn't even slow the hulk down

Alpha Centauri
Lex Luthor is a normal man. It's like saying Heat Vision would melt me. Means nothing. Hulk would eat his beams.

-AC

Ironman 66
bts didnt beat cap idiot they drawed

bardock
stop this senseless member bashing. ironman66

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.