Mods need to come down hard on people that don't use spoilers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I'm sick and tired of always having something ruined for me because some lazy, selfish person can't be bothered to put spoilers on thier posts, why even have spoilers if no ones going to use them?

Fire
yea I get what you mean, I'll be on them asses tight FvsJ

Stormy Day
Are talking about me messed

BadKitty
actually I am on the opposing end of spoiler tag thing..I don't think they are necessary. example: if someone goes in to a discussion on a movie they haven't watched they should expect to see spoilers...why else did you go in to the thread.now if it was off topic that would be wrong.

thats just my opinion.

FRO§T
i think spoilers should be only used for an ending, if some one dies, if some evil/person is revealed, if there is a big twist, yeh thats all i can thing of for now

Freddy_vs_Jason
BKK how could you!? sad *sniff*

Jokes.

WindDancer
Always use spoiler tags if not you'll spoil the end of the movie for other people.

I am a Sock
You do have a point, BK. If you haven't seen that movie, don't go into it's thread. Now, if your in the Review thread, then there should be no spoilers. Some ppl want to know if a movie is good or not before they see it. They don't want to read spoilers

yerssot
actually BK... you can't make a "general" rule about this... I mean, ... you have in example the movie discussion forum where you of course discuss movies you saw, and those who haven't seen it and go there and go nag about not using spoilers is something totally different than in example in the star wars Episode III section where most spoilers come from a service on the official site where you have to pay for; and some don't have that service (either cause they don't want to pay or cause they want to stay spoiler free for the upcoming movie) and in that respect should spoilers be placed for an upcoming movie, not for one taht's already out imo..

BadKitty
I don't know yerssot..I kinda think it's the same thing.

the only time I've really went intp epIII threads was to see to spoilers about the movie....where they come from makes no difference to me because I am in a thread for a movie that won't be out till next year.

maybe i'm not understanding what you mean..sorry I'm sleepy

Freddy_vs_Jason
Then get some rest sweety.

The reason why you go into a movie thread even though you haven't seen it is to talk about how much you want to see it and what you think will happen. And I mean't the Spider-Man 2 movie thread, no ones seen the movie so we talk about how much we want to see it, but others keep spilling spoilers that they know about without using spoilers.

silent_kisses
I think there should maybe be two types of threads, a discussion of the news and such of the movie, like possible spoilers and such, where actual spoilers aren't needed since it's just rumours before a movie comes out, or before people see it.

And secondly threads for actual after movie discussion about what really happened that should clearly be labelled full of spoilers and people can be fully warned about these threads' contents. And I don't mean reviews either, just general discussion of the movie.

silent_kisses
Since no one has seen it they can't possibly be true no expression

Freddy_vs_Jason
But the members have read the movie-book because it's already out sad
Thats a good idea SK but it would clog the forums.

Fire
there are ppl in the comic books forum who however do post spoilers just to annoy other ppl.

yerssot
sorry, I was sleepy too smile

what I was trying to say is that you got movies who are already out, ... like ie Finding Nemo, if a poster goes to the movie discussion and hasn't seen it, that poster should know (s)he can bump into spoilers, since the movie is out and of course cause it's the section where you discuss the movie...

but ie for Star Wars: Episode III (I just take that one cause I know the section a bit), the movie won't be out till May 2005. And there are people who like to say "hey, wouldn't it be cool if this happened?" while people who have Hyperspace (a service you have to pay for, which gives you pics, info, etc on the movie) who are also in that section will say "hey, it's impossible, since this guy said X and that one said Y so it will be like this ..."
So, that person didn't ASK for spoilers but still got it.

So... wow... I think it's even more unclear now ... erm... I think that there are 2 sorts of discussions, one where you can post spoilers since the movie is out and such and one where you have to place spoilers since it's an upcoming movie and some want to be totaly surprised and just like "brainstorming" about what will happen without getting real info...

in that respect, I said I disagreed with your post about spoilers not being neccessary

confused ... I'll go back to sleep now

BadKitty
actually that totally made sense....you know thats true..hmm,I hadn't thought of it like that.

yerssot
it made sense? no no no! you must have misunderstood me

BadKitty
obviously stick out tongue

Raz
I agree with BKK, if you enter a thread in the discussions forum, you have to be careful. If you don't want to be potentially spoiled, then don't read the thread.

Corran
I agree with BKK, but only cos I'm too damn stoopid to get the spoilers to work confused

Raz
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t6179.html

Corran
many francs

WindDancer
People like me sometimes are undecided when it comes to go see a movie. So there are times I visit a movie thread to read opinions from people we trust. I like to read others opinions on whether the movie sucks or not. Unfortunally there are times someone accidently types a spoiler thus making me lose the excitment. That's why is good to use spoiler tags. It helps me to know more about the movie without spoiling some parts of it. Please use spoiler tags..........I think that's good courtesy to other members.

Spider-Girl
Now you can't just say that! it was in the freakin Spider-Man fourm! I was in the Spider-Man 2 thread and I read a tiny bit because somebody didn't use spoilers so I didn't know what I was reading. I had no idea that people had access to the book becuase it wasn't out in my country, just a couple of days ago somebody ruined the whole movie without using spoilers when they know perfectly well to use them. Even ask Fire if you don't believe me!!!!!!

Spider-Girl
Thank you Windancer! at least somebody in these forums knows what I'm talking about. wink

BadKitty
I can some what agree with wind dancer on a review thread..sure.but a movie discussion,no.

actually I bet most people can't help them selves to highlight the spoiler anyway,even if they intended not spoil the movie for them selves..it's the kmc big red button that says push me.

yerssot
boys with toys wink

Raz
Also, I don't believe it should be the mods duty to go around editing posts to make sure posts have the spoiler tags on. Its too much.

The responsibility should lie with the poster. If someone keeps on spoiling movies for you, then add them to your ignore list.

LilKitty
embarrasment Yeah, I cant help it! I highlighted the spoiler in Kill Bill forum of The Bride's real name before i seen the Vol.2 embarrasment

Spider-Girl
I can help it, I NEVER highlight a spoiler. But then Raz, whats the point on having spoilers if no-one cares or mods don't wanna have to deal with them? also it's not just one person in particular, they do it like once so it's pointless adding them to my ignore list.

yerssot
well, my two cents are that mods do have to care about them, I find that their job is to check the posts in the sections they are responsible for, which include placing spoilers... and while I'm at it... Fire actually said some members are not including the tags on purpose in the comic section

BadKitty
I care about them if thats what everyone wants,of coarse I'll comply thats what I am here for...it's just my opinion on the matter...I have added spoiler tags to post even though honestly I didn't think I had to,it just what everyone else wanted.

yerssot
FFS roll eyes (sarcastic)
can a global mod please get that s out of please messed

Raz
Yup, if a moderator wants to on their own accord, thats fine. I seriously don't think it should be part of their agenda, as they have enough things to do as it is.

yerssot
thx raz

Spider-Girl
Well a lot of mods would generally be annoyed and put spoiler tags on anyway because they don't want to know an ending to a movie, and Fire's right, there are people not using spoilers on purpose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.